What do you guys do with old tvs and monitors?

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I currently have 2 spare tvs that are just lying around, both tubes one is kinda big and i got a spare monitor. Right now they are just taking up space and I really dont have any room for them. So I was curious what do people here do with their extra tvs and monitors? They are all at least 5-6 years old.

I throw 'em in the attic, just in case. When my old monitor died, I pulled out an older one for temporary use that I'd kept in storage for almost 10 years and it worked perfectly.

I've been looking into this as well, since we've got a couple old monitors we need to get rid of. I know where I live, there's several monitor/TV recycling centers that take stuff for free. I'll probably do this if Craigslist doesn't work.

Whenever I need to get rid of old working electronics I put them just outside my front yard fences and people will take them within 10 mins.

A 5 or 6 year old TV isn't that bad. The one I have is at least 15 years old. I say keep one just in case you want a back up for a kids room or something.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Whenever I need to get rid of old working electronics I put them just outside my front yard fences and people will take them within 10 mins.[/quote]
well not all of us live in el monte, california ;)

the trash has certain days,i think once a month in my area, where they pick up all of the old electronics: printers, monitors, tvs etc and recycle it. check the blue pages and call your city offices that have the number for sanitation

I have a yard sale and sell them that way, and it doesn't matter how old of a television it is, someone will buy it for at least $20.00

Check out www.freecycle.com for a group in your area that might be willing to accept those items as donations.

In addition, Dell, HP, and Apple all have their own electronics recycling programs that you might want to look into.

Take it out to the back yard with some of your friends and take turns beating the shit out of it with a Louisville Slugger all while listening to "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta."

bread's done
Back