What do you guys use to hold your UMDs?

FuzTurtle

CAGiversary!
I figure I ask my fellow CAGS about this? I need some advice on this b/c I have the Pelican slide in cases and b/c it doesn't protect the whole UMD, 1 of my UMDs got squashed. I had to push the clear window part of the UMD back up. Haven't tried playing it yet, but hopefully it works.

[quote name='soxfan4525']I use an altoids tin. Holds at least 4 UMD's + my memory stick and cleaning cloth[/QUOTE]

I've seen pics of this. What size are these tins?

[quote name='FuzTurtle']I've seen pics of this. What size are these tins?[/QUOTE]
They can only hold 2 UMDs, if you put 3 in they will get stuck.
And they rattle.

Just get the airform UMD case.

best thing to do is take one game at a time, as you usually wont want to change your UMDs outside much. just take the game you want to play. seriously the best case for them are the cases they come in, even if they are a bit big. I just took my cases with me in my bookbag on campus last simester and I was fine.

Maybe he needs a case for UMD movies? Oh wait, the battery dies after playing one movie... so that can't be it.:p

[quote name='Vinny']Maybe he needs a case for UMD movies? Oh wait, the battery dies after playing one movie... so that can't be it.:p[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can get through almost 2 movies on one full charge.

[quote name='Quackzilla']The Airform UMD case is excellent, it holds 5 UMDs and it is really durable.[/QUOTE]

can you show us some picture of this infamous case????

[quote name='Quackzilla']They can only hold 2 UMDs, if you put 3 in they will get stuck.
And they rattle.

Just get the airform UMD case.[/QUOTE]

I fit four in and there was no rattling at all.

psp411_com-product-304-2.jpg

And it only costs $8.

I use an Altoid can. It works perfect, no rattling at all either. And someone here said that only 2 can fit, and if you put in 3 they will get stuck, that is totally false. They may fit a bit snug, but I expect that so my UMDs are protected. Plus, instead of paying $8 for a case, you can pay $1.50 and get a nice snack to go along with your case. It should only be able to hold 4 UMDs and a memory stick, but for $1.50 and some tasty Altoids, it's worth it.

[quote name='Quackzilla']
psp411_com-product-304-2.jpg

And it only costs $8.[/QUOTE]

looks pretty Fukken sweet!!!

Maybe after few RPG's is release I'll pick up one...

I'm a lazy bastard and just use the boxes that the UMDs came in, plus, I only have 2 games, so theres no real need for atleast a couple months

I only have one UMD now, so it never comes out of the PSP. But when I get more (hopefully SmackDown vs RAW 2006, GTA: LCS, Lumines, etc.) I will probably just toss them in my pocket when I take them somewhere.

I use two of the small black cases that hold 3 UMDs each, and I put those inside an old intec GBA case I had. Theey fit perfectly into the back pocket of the case, and the front pocket of the case currently holds a small memory stick case with two extra sticks. There is space left for another memory stick case, or one or two single-protected UMDs (the Death Jr LE sleeve cases will serve well here, I'm predicting).
Everything fits well in my (fairly small) purse.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I use an Altoid can. It works perfect, no rattling at all either. And someone here said that only 2 can fit, and if you put in 3 they will get stuck, that is totally false. They may fit a bit snug, but I expect that so my UMDs are protected. Plus, instead of paying $8 for a case, you can pay $1.50 and get a nice snack to go along with your case. It should only be able to hold 4 UMDs and a memory stick, but for $1.50 and some tasty Altoids, it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

I must have the wrong size altoid case. I have the Cinnamon 1.76 oz tin and it is too small even for one. I got all excited and dumped my altoids into a baggy, then found out they don't even fit. :bomb: I will be on the lookout though for a different sized altoid tin. Haha, man I'm cheap. :oops: But you can't beat a couple tins of altoids for $3 and a place for 8 games/umds.

[quote name='natedog8']hey quack where can you buy those airform cases[/QUOTE]
I got mine on ebay because none of the local stores carried it.

It turned out to be a bootleg, but at least the quality is good.

And the way I see it, airform had no interest in selling me their product if the stores in my city didn't have it, so it is no loss to them that I got a bootleg.

Nevermind, I found the right altoid tin. It's the round ones with the fruit sours in them. I had one at home and I just tried it. You can easily fit 3, and when you put the 4th one in it is a little tight, but the 4th one helps to keep the others from rattling around.

It's kind of a ghetto way to store your games, but it works. I am now going to get another tin (different flavor, so I can tell them apart) for my other 3 umd's. I think I will put the polishing cloth in the one with 3 to keep them from rattling/moving around until I get more games/movies. Just be sure to clean them out real good so your games/cloth don't get sticky.

The way I see it, these are great if you have more than just a 5 or 6 UMDs. Most of the cases out there don't accomodate more than 5 or 6 and then you have to buy another case. This way I can get $1.50 worth of candy with a free case anytime I'm at the store. Plus these are very compact compared to the other UMD cases. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: To the guy that figured this out. This truely is a CHEAP ASS GAMER accessory.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Hori is a good brand, Death Jr came with 2 Hori cases and they are great.[/QUOTE]

What kind of Hori cases did Death Jr. come with is it for the game? are they bonus items?

[quote name='Swanton']I will probably just toss them in my pocket when I take them somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Then you would be a fool. The open window of the UMD lets in all sorts of dust. Carrying them without a case is asking for a scratched disk. Why didn't Sony just use their existing MD cartridge technology? I house my UMDs in my old MD cases.

Keep them in the cases, but I might get some Altoids tins and use those, the sour ones are only $1 right now at my grocery store.

I just ordered the Airform case. It looks pretty nice and compact. $10 shipped - not too bad. I could have gotten it for $8 from eBay but all the sellers were from HK and reading the fine print they said there may be some additional duty taxes levied at the border which I would be responsible for. I'm sure it's nothing but for $2 I can save myself a potential headache.

i bought 2 of the Airform cases on eBay. Got 2 shipped for around $13.50 or so. Awesome cases, but i need more since i have 18 games and 8 UMDMovies =D

6/4/89=Teinnamen Square (spelling, I know)

As for storage, I really recommend the Score UMD-8. EDIT: Price=$12.99

I've copied/pasted my review from TXB if you aren't members:

Well, I have to guess it is made by Score, as it's hard to tell just by looking at the product. As 'Score' was the biggest word in print on the packaging, I'll give them the credit.

It's a well thought out case, holding up to 8 UMDs. I say 'up to,' because there is, included, an insert that will hold two MS Duo cards. It is the exact dimensions of the PSP (tested by placing in my Logitech PGP) in all but the height. Wagering a guess, I'd say the total height of the closed unit is about 50% greater than a PSP, roughly equal to that of a closed PGP. I bought this item at Wal-Mart, but it appears to also be available through Gamestop.com.

I have to say this is what I've been looking for. Aside from not holding the PSP headphones, or the Sandisk MS adapter, this fits all of my needs (the two products mentioned are now in my previous mode of UMD transport, the Altoids tin). While it is still inconvienent to carry three things around, I could ditch the Altoids can and go with two PSP-sized items rather easily in a briefcase or backpack. While not offering the portability of a PGS, it does give you a good alternative if you already own a PGP.

Rating: 4.5/5
+Up to 8 UMDs stored securely
+2 MS Duo slots (in place of 1 UMD)
+Tough hard plastic shell
-No storage for anything else

Pics:
c054c149.jpg

925b1042.jpg

dbb0e17c.jpg

I use a case logic MiniDisc case. Holds 12, since UMD's are about the same size as a minidisc, I think you can double up the spots as well, so that would make 24.
Not sure of a link for it, I've had it for years w/ my minidisc player.

I have these Intec cases:
psp411_com-product-173-1.jpg

They hold 3 UMD's each. They are really cheap too....I think they were like $5 for 2 or maybe $10 for 2 but anyway they do the job.

My Airform UMD case arrived today. It's great and well worth the money. And mine says "Universal Magical Disc" on it!

Hi guys, I am new to these forums but I love my PSP and wanted to share some words with you about the UMD cases.

There's not ALOT of good ones out there but I did find what I think is the best one for overall price, durability, convenience and portability.

A company called SCORE just came out with one called the SCORE UMD-8 Case and it is really the most awesome UMD holder I have found. Hard to find? Not at all! Just go to Yahoo! and type in "UMD-8 Case" in the shopping field. You'l get results ranging from 9.00 t o15.00 plus shipping, and even some pictures. I ordered mine online but I hear they have them at Gamestop in stock.

708056010027F.JPG
708056010027B.JPG

Pictures from Game Express (

It looks cool and all but I don't see where it says "Universal Magical Disc" on it so I'm not sure it is as cool as the Airform one...:D

[quote name='Gamer_X_']...[/QUOTE]

Is it that hard to look on the previous page where I not only told people where to get it, but did a review and took pictures? Geez, I mean you didn't even have to search for it. It's in the same thread!

Not to mention the previous thread I made about it and cross-referenced to this thread.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Is it that hard to look on the previous page where I not only told people where to get it, but did a review and took pictures? Geez, I mean you didn't even have to search for it. It's in the same thread!

Not to mention the previous thread I made about it and cross-referenced to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it IS that hard - wading through all the JUNK that gets posted is a waste of time and energy.

[quote name='Gamer_X_']Yes, it IS that hard - wading through all the JUNK that gets posted is a waste of time and energy.[/QUOTE]

Even in the SAME thread?

Lame. Perhaps you should try somewhere else if it's too hard.

bread's done
Back