What do you think are the top three games for the PSP and the DS?

TheHiei

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Each in their own category of course. Both have decent libraries so far, but nothing really amazing size-wise. Based off of what I own, I'd have to say...

DS:
1. New Super Mario Bros.
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World
3. Mario Kart DS

PSP:
1. Metal Gear Ac!d
2. Wipeout Pure
3. Have no third game, >_>.

DS: Haven't played Metroid Prime Hunters yet.
1. Mario Kart DS
2. New Super Mario Bros.
3. Meteos

PSP: The original release were incredible and I was expecting the next wave to blow them out of the water. I am still waiting. In fairness I haven't played Daxter yet.
1. Lumines
2. Ridge Racer
3. Twisted Metal

[quote name='TheHiei']Each in their own category of course. Both have decent libraries so far, but nothing really amazing size-wise.[/QUOTE]

Size-wise? What the hell does that even mean?

DS:
1.New Super Mario Bros
2.Mario Kart DS
3.Phoenix Wright
Honorable Mentions: Mario and Luigi: PiT, Metroid Prime Hunters, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Ouendan

Does anyone still play the pissp? pissp is an old nickname for it my friends and I used during it's release. It's great to call stores and act like you're a parent trying to find something for their kid called the pissp (like psp, said phonetically) and see what responses you get... lol

I own both and love both. Here are my top picks for both systems:

DS:

1) New Super Mario Brothers DS
2) Advance Wars DS
3) Metroid Prime Pinball

PSP:

1) Wipeout Pure
2) Daxter
3) Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

And yeah jer7583, people still play the PSP. In fact, I play my PSP more then I do my DS. I also use the PSP to listen to music and watch movies every so often.

In no particular order:

DS (I haven't played the newer games):

Meteos
Castlevania
Phoenix Wright

PSP:

Lumines
Daxter
Pursuit Force

I just picked a PSP back up a couple weeks back, and I'm absolutely loving it. I've managed to get 10 games for it, thanks mainly to the buy-2-get-1 sale, and it's very hard for me to pick favorites between the ones I've played. Others I'm really enjoying include Monster Hunter, Gripster, Mega Man: Powered Up and Exit. I think the software library for the system is really starting to take off.

DS:

1) Tony Hawk American Sk8land
2) Mario 64 DS
3) Fifa 05

Have not played: Animal Crossing, New Mario, Metroid Hunters, Sonic Rush

[quote name='argyle']In no particular order:

DS (I haven't played the newer games):

Meteos
Castlevania
Phoenix Wright

PSP:

Lumines
Daxter
Pursuit Force

I just picked a PSP back up a couple weeks back, and I'm absolutely loving it. I've managed to get 10 games for it, thanks mainly to the buy-2-get-1 sale, and it's very hard for me to pick favorites between the ones I've played. Others I'm really enjoying include Monster Hunter, Gripster, Mega Man: Powered Up and Exit. I think the software library for the system is really starting to take off.[/quote]

it is.. the tough part is waiting for price drops.. every once in a while I'll catch a good price for a title or two.. but it's tough pickings for

DS:

Super Mario 64
Spider-Man 2
Tetris DS

Honorable Mention: NSMB, Star Wars Episode III, RE Deadly Silence, and Tony Hawk.

PSP:

Syphon Filter
Spider-Man 2
Hot Shots Golf \ Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max

DS:
new super mario bros.
castlevania:dos
metroid prime hunters

mario kart and animal crossing are worth mentioning too, i just wanna play LoZ:phantom hourglass already :[

I was surprised at how good Star Wars: Ep 3 was for the DS.. it was like those old TMNT beat-em ups, but I got a kind of devil may cry feel from it too, with all the cool moves and force powers. That one really surprised me. The 3D space battles were pretty good too.

DS
1 Castlevania
2 Mario Kart
3 Animal Crossing

PSP
1 Xmen Legends 2
2 Lumines
3 Street Fighter Alpha 3

DS
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Metroid Prime Pinball
Mario and Luigi: Partners In Time

I only have two PSP games...Lumines and Ridge Racer (at launch) but Ridge Racer was killer.

PSP:
Metal Gear Acid 2 (everyone get their heads out of their asses and go get this game! You're missing out on a great canon side story...)
Lumines
GTA: LCS

DS:
Meteos
Animal Crossing WW
Metroid Prime Hunters (even though I sold my copy)

Tough choices for the DS.

Local:
1. Trauma Center
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World
3. Advanced Wars Dual Strike
and at least fifteen other games I'm kicking myself for not having on the list.

Import:
1. Osu! Takakae! Ouendan
2. Jump Superstars
3. Prince of Tennis: Crystal Drive 2005

PSP
1. Lumines
2. Mega Man: Powered Up
3. Virtua Tennis (can't beat the 10 buck price tag)

It's hard to narrow it down to 3 on the DS, there are just so many great games. I don't have a PSP and don't plan to buy one anytime soon, so I can't be much of a judge of quality PSP titles.

DS
New SMB
Mario Kart DS
Castlevania

bread's done
Back