What do you think of these XBLA sales purchases?

mike.m

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
I already picked up Monkey Island 2 at half off.

I'm debating on these. I've still got about 3000 points so its not a matter of if I can afford them. Its more a matter of how good they are or if they're worth the price of admission.

Puzzle Quest 2 - 800 points down from 1200 - I still have to finish Puzzle Quest 1 and I'm certain at some point in the future this will go on sale for at least half off. I can hold out.

Serious Sam HD 1 and 2 - Part 1 is 800 points down from 1200 and part 2 is 600 points down from 1200 - I like Serious Sam. Part 1 seems to be an unadvertised special at 800 points. Not sure that this would go on sale for lower anytime soon. 600 seems to be a really good price point on part 2.

Magic: The Gathering - 400 points down from 800 - Never played Magic. No reviews on Gamerankings for this game. From what I've read, its user friendly. No idea why I want this other than, card games are intriguing to me and 400 points is a great price.

What do you guys think of these games? Maybe rate them on a purchase scale based on these prices from 1 to 10.

Again:

Puzzle Quest 2 - 800 pts
Serious Sam 1 - 800 pts
Serious Sam 2 - 600 pts
Magic: The Gathering - 400 pts

Thanks for the input

And yes...I bought the Dudley avatar costume for half off...

Never played Puzzle Quest, but for MtG, it's a decent card game. It's limited in the sense that you can't construct decks from scratch, but if you're like me and never played MtG before, it's a good way to get into it.

As for Serious Sam, to put it simply: I fucking love that game. One of my favorite shooters of all time. It's nothing but pure chaos and it's fairly comical at parts as well.

I was kinda interested in Serious Sam HD but meh, I just don't see myself playing it much.

If I didn't have The Orange box I would def jump on Portal Still Alive for 400 msp.

Wait, are these going on right now? I didn't even know about Puzzle Quest 2 and Serious Sam 2 being on sale!

I'm not so sure about Puzzle Quest 2 ever selling below that; 1200 games usually only go half off if they are less popular or they don't sell well (like Blade Kitten), and Puzzle Quest was one of the most successful games on XBLA if I'm not mistaken. Still, 800 points is a fair price and I'll probably pick it up even though I haven't beaten the first.

Serious Sam 1 I made the mistake of paying full price for; while it's still fun, it's not as fun as it used to be, and it really wasn't worth the $15. The achievements are a bitch too. SS2 was a better game though, and I think 600 points is a decent price point for it; I'll probably get that as well haha.

Can't say anything about Magic, though it is only 400 points.

I've got them all and have enjoyed playing them all as well. online & offline and if ya need people to play with, check each games thread and you can find people to play with or pm me. all are worth buying @ that sale price.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wait, are these going on right now? I didn't even know about Puzzle Quest 2 and Serious Sam 2 being on sale!

I'm not so sure about Puzzle Quest 2 ever selling below that; 1200 games usually only go half off if they are less popular or they don't sell well (like Blade Kitten), and Puzzle Quest was one of the most successful games on XBLA if I'm not mistaken. Still, 800 points is a fair price and I'll probably pick it up even though I haven't beaten the first.

Serious Sam 1 I made the mistake of paying full price for; while it's still fun, it's not as fun as it used to be, and it really wasn't worth the $15. The achievements are a bitch too. SS2 was a better game though, and I think 600 points is a decent price point for it; I'll probably get that as well haha.

Can't say anything about Magic, though it is only 400 points.[/QUOTE]

The sale is live as of today.

[quote name='Kreutz']Mega Man 10 for 400 as well. That's peaked my interested.[/QUOTE]

Thought about it, but I regret buying Mega Man 9. Its just too unrelenting for me.

[quote name='mike.m']Thought about it, but I regret buying Mega Man 9. Its just too unrelenting for me.[/QUOTE]

FYI, MM10 has an "easy mode". Now, it's not exactly easy, but it is a lot easier then MM9. In MM10 on "Easy" I was able to get most of the way through the final boss levels, though not quite able to finish the game. Mind you it took me a long time to achieve that, but in contrast I never completed even a single level in MM9. Perhaps I could have had I stuck too, but it was just too damn hard to be fun. MM10 I found fun.

[quote name='crunchewy']FYI, MM10 has an "easy mode". Now, it's not exactly easy, but it is a lot easier then MM9. In MM10 on "Easy" I was able to get most of the way through the final boss levels, though not quite able to finish the game. Mind you it took me a long time to achieve that, but in contrast I never completed even a single level in MM9. Perhaps I could have had I stuck too, but it was just too damn hard to be fun. MM10 I found fun.[/QUOTE]

Really...that makes it interesting. I'm all for a challenge, but I don't think I have patience for the old school insanely hard NES difficulty anymore. I agree. I like to have fun

I bought Puzzle Quest for my PC, probably one of the most addicting puzzle games I've played since Tetris...if you like RPG aspects, and puzzle type games it's digital crack. PQ2 is only even better graphically. Definitely a solid pick, MtG if you like the game and want to play it without having to buy decks of real cards it'll easily make many many hours go by. It's good solo play and online, though less forgiving online if you don't have a good grasp on the timing and timer. I bought it at full price, no complaints. 400 is even better...and 160 pts for Splosion Man is epic win.

As for the rest? Why bother? Why are you spending almost $20 on 2 dated HD FPS games for your xbox console? You're better off spending $17.50 on a platinum hit triple A title or waiting for Christmas XBL specials.

I'll probably get Mega Man 10, Puzzle Quest 2, and Monkey Island 2 at these prices.

With the Fable 3 DLC that'll be 2000 points I need.

bread's done
Back