What do you think of this deal? (PS3 related)

Craig

CAG Veteran
I have a post how a 60GB PS3 and extras for a Wii.

Well a guy emailed me and asked was I still looking for a PS3, because he had one with 8 games. Some new and some unopened. I told him I got one already but would he sell some games seperate.

He said sure. This is what I got: (All original)

Call of Duty 3
Def Jam Icon (New and Sealed)
MLB 2K7 (New and Sealed)
Wireless Controller (New and Sealed)

$150.00

I did Pay Pal on Craiglist once and it went well. Usually I do in person deals but the guy seemed on the up and up and have a verified Paypal account. He sent me a tracking number yesterday after mailing it.

I got it sent to my job and the dumb mail lady put a slip in our mail slot instead of coming to our office. Now I have to hope that she returns before 5pm so I can pick up. Lucky the Post Office is around the corner.

Think $150 is cool?

In my opinion, no. Those three games aren't the greatest ever, and - $40 for the controller, $110 for all three isn't great, unless you really want the games. It's actually a pretty good deal, but what I'm saying is that you can get a lot of better games out there for that same price.

Not trying to be a pig by saying "Dumb Mail Lady"

But the reg. mail carrier will bring packages upstairs. She fills in on peoples days off and she did that with a PC I ordered.

She also didn't get back until 6pm and I was off of work at 4:30.

She's known to do things like this. No biggie I'm about to walk around and pick it up right now. Sorry if I offended anyone.

And you are right it isn't the best deal around. But 2 of those games will be sold and possibly the controller since I have 2 already. I will easily make $150 off of the 2 games and controller and have a game for free.

[quote name='Craig']Not trying to be a pig by saying "Dumb Mail Lady"

But the reg. mail carrier will bring packages upstairs. She fills in on peoples days off and she did that with a PC I ordered.

She also didn't get back until 6pm and I was off of work at 4:30.

She's known to do things like this. No biggie I'm about to walk around and pick it up right now. Sorry if I offended anyone.

And you are right it isn't the best deal around. But 2 of those games will be sold and possibly the controller since I have 2 already. I will easily make $150 off of the 2 games and controller and have a game for free.[/QUOTE]

Those items average about $38 each on eBay, brand new. I highly doubt you'll make back $150 selling 2 of the games and a controller...

Sorry to say but this wasn't such a good deal. You beat retail price but overall, you probably could have done better.:)

bread's done
Back