What do you think the next Treyarch Call of Duty is gonna be?

MrPiggles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
We all know that Infinity Ward's thing is Modern Warfare, and that's their series, but Treyarch jumps around with WWII to the Cold War, so what do you think Treyarch's next COD game is gonna be? Do you think they're gonna make Black Ops 2 or try another setting? I personally hope they make Call of Duty: Civil War, but that's just me :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']I want Vietnam, badly.[/QUOTE]

Did you even play Black Ops, or were you just asleep during the Vietnam levels?

As for Treyarch, I can see a few possibilites: Black Ops 2 (not with Alex Mason, though), possibly one during the Gulf War (which I think would be pretty awful, anyway), or a futuristic one (who knows what the hell'll be in it).

After playing Black Ops' Vietnam levels I never want to see Treyarch do Vietnam again. fuck going down that hill.

[quote name='diddy310']After playing Black Ops' Vietnam levels I never want to see Treyarch do Vietnam again. fuck going down that hill.[/QUOTE]

That was a fucking nightmare. I wasn't even on Veteran and it took me an hour.

I was so excited when Khe Sanh popped up as a level, then I got trolled hard.

I think the next one is going to be Black Ops 2. I think there's still a sense of weariness around WW2. I'd be curious to see someone try and do the Korean War.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Enhanced Edition Super HD Tournament including all but one map pack. (Haha just had to)

Probably another cold war game--aka Black Ops 2.

Isn't the first the best selling game of all time now? I doubt they'll take a chance on another setting with the next one.

[quote name='ZForce']Call of Duty: Same old shit in a different Skin[/QUOTE]

More less this.

Mini bootcamp scenario, introduction level where things go to shit, attack on foot, attack on foot, ride in a vehicle, defend posistion, attack on foot, sniping, attack on foot, attack and or run through a area that has unlimited enemies, ride in a vehicle you shoot at foot soliders with a very big gun, defend area, sneak attack, attack on foot, someone on your side dies in this tragic way, defend area against impossible odds until backup shows up. The End.

That right there is every single call of duty game ever made dating all the way back to the first game. Even the multiplayer has the exact same kinetic action feel to it. Weapon reloads feel the same, has the same fast paced feel to it, cramped levels, closest thing to strategy it has is put down claymore and stand behind claymore and shoot at people.

I liked call of duty till modern warfare came out and I just couldnt stop thinking "This is exactly like the ww2 call of duty games, only with better graphics.......this is the exact same thing"

I still want someone to do a WW2 shooter set entirely on the eastern front with both a Russian and German campaign but it'll never happen. Stalingrad has been done before but never from the German viewpoint (at least not on consoles, maybe on some PC exclusive).

Maybe a more spy influenced Cold War one? Mostly just saying that because I want them to get another shot at a Bond game..they did a decent job with Quantum of Solace and want to see what they could do without a movie tie in.

[quote name='thegreek']Treyarch blows. Infinity Ward much much gooder.[/QUOTE]

Like your grammar, IW sucks hard. Treyarch has always tried its hardest to make a good game while IW gets respect for 1 decent title recently (MW2 was god awful).

i remember back when Halo was the game that people immediately think about when they hear xbox. now its call of duty.

i barely see anything halo related except for halo ce now.. i mean there are more threads in gaming forums on call of duty than halo

[quote name='advanced']Like your grammar, IW sucks hard. Treyarch has always tried its hardest to make a good game while IW gets respect for 1 decent title recently (MW2 was god awful).[/QUOTE]

Come see me when MW3 is out.

[quote name='thegreek']Come see me when MW3 is out.[/QUOTE]

Sales don't speak for quality. I'll be avoiding MW3 like the plague this year due to the superior shooter, Battlefield 3, releasing before it.

someone needs to do the korean war. many amazing battles as well. I think it was called the ticonga pass but 300 marines held a pass against 50,000 chinese solders for 3 days so a large contingent of army solders could escape and not get slaughtered

[quote name='floormat']someone needs to do the korean war. many amazing battles as well. I think it was called the ticonga pass but 300 marines held a pass against 50,000 chinese solders for 3 days so a large contingent of army solders could escape and not get slaughtered[/QUOTE]

This is Sparta!!!
On topic,- I would love an all zombies game with storyline. Treyarch, make it happen!

[quote name='Rosterking']This is Sparta!!!
On topic,- I would love an all zombies game with storyline. Treyarch, make it happen![/QUOTE]

I'd rather see this than a new COD game from them. Let Sledgehammer take over the second year titles and let Treyarch shine.

As tired as I am of the CoD series, I will admit that the idea of an all zombies game with a storyline would grab my interest again!

For instance, each place have there own theme and special gun, but keep tactical grenade. New perks, new zombies. 14 zombie maps (3 diff stories for 4 maps and the last 2 being were they all meet up. $10 DLC for new storyline (3 new maps).Just an idea

I think that full zombie campaign idea has some merit. You have the chunk of levels in left for dead that are great and dead nation was a pretty good low budget game but other than maybe dead island i cant really recall a "major production" full zombied story game.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']CoD: Warriors of rock[/QUOTE]

As long as I can buy the priciest edition of it for $15 at TRU when the game is less than a year old, I'm down.

[quote name='Halo05']I still want someone to do a WW2 shooter set entirely on the eastern front with both a Russian and German campaign but it'll never happen. Stalingrad has been done before but never from the German viewpoint (at least not on consoles, maybe on some PC exclusive).[/QUOTE]
:applause: I've actually been saying for a long time that it'd be interesting if a developer made an MMO type of game for consoles/PC where you could play through all facets of warfare, from the grunt in the trenches all the way up to the generals giving the orders.

bread's done
Back