what do you think they should ad to the XBL community?

Because a server for each multiplayer match isn't costly at all.

[quote name='anomynous']The ability to fix XBL[/QUOTE]

Yes, all else is moot until they fix this damn shit.

It's been sucky for over 3 weeks now. Ridiculous downtime for a service we pay for.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yes, all else is moot until they fix this damn shit.

It's been sucky for over 3 weeks now. Ridiculous downtime for a service we pay for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. He should have put the cool "/thread." like the other guy so we knew this was the big item.

[quote name='musha666']Yeah. He should have put the cool "/thread." like the other guy so we knew this was the big item.[/QUOTE]
ok, I'll go back and change it

[quote name='alongx']The marketplace is organized like shit.[/quote]

you would add a shittily organized marketplace?

i like the way it is since the fall update

[quote name='Malik112099']you would add a shittily organized marketplace?

i like the way it is since the fall update[/QUOTE]

but there's no alphabetical search...it's like they leave stuff out so they can add it later and make people think its special.

I would add a lot to XBL, but more importantly, I'd take away the fucking advertisements for gold users. As soon as you sign in to Live, Doritos owns your dashboard.

[quote name='Apossum']I would add a lot to XBL, but more importantly, I'd take away the fucking advertisements for gold users. As soon as you sign in to Live, Doritos owns your dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Let's be realistic in the things you'd like to see change, though. Ads won't go anywhere anytime soon, because that affects revenue far more than, say, reorganizing something.

My biggest pet peeve w/ XBL involves unlock key "DLC" - those 108KB files that contain entire DDR songs, or a whole slew of levels for Godfather. But, again: revenue. We won't see that kind of DLC go away unless people don't buy it - and then they'd "force it" on users by adding unlock key "DLC" to a game where people show their thin skin and lack of willpower - a COD4, Halo 3, or Bioshock content, y'know?

Unlock keys piss me off more than anything else, but to be realistic, what I'd add to XBL is better organization of the marketplace. If I haven't picked up a game in a number of months (say Saint's Row or Dead Rising) and want to see what DLC has been added, wading through the crap to see what genuine in-game content (no trailers, walkthroughs, gamerpics, themes, or any assorted junk) has been added is such a fuckin' chore. That shouldn't be such a hard thing to do, right?

All Games->(Grouped by letter folder)->Game Title->4 subfolders: game content, game videos, themes/gamerpics, and one other just in case.

[quote name='mykevermin']If I haven't picked up a game in a number of months (say Saint's Row or Dead Rising) and want to see what DLC has been added, wading through the crap to see what genuine in-game content (no trailers, walkthroughs, gamerpics, themes, or any assorted junk) has been added is such a fuckin' chore. That shouldn't be such a hard thing to do, right?

All Games->(Grouped by letter folder)->Game Title->4 subfolders: game content, game videos, themes/gamerpics, and one other just in case.[/quote]

most newer games have an in game option (usually from the start menu) to view all the content they have on the marketplace and if you dont want to put the game in you can see content for all games you have played which is a much shorter list than wading through every game

[quote name='Malik112099']you would add a shittily organized marketplace?

i like the way it is since the fall update[/QUOTE]

It's organized like shit now, I don't see how it could get much worse. I'd like to see one organized intelligently.

Case in point: I want to buy Rock Band songs. I go to "new content" and see Rock Band. I go into it, and I can only see the latest 3-6 songs; if I want anything older, I have to go three levels back in menus just to drill down to Rock Band in historic content. Browsing could and should be much more intuitive than that. Also, some kind of search would be nice.

fix xbox orginals so that they have acheivements and online play. 15 bucks for games you can find for 4 isn't a really great idea. Make me really wanna re-buy it.

[quote name='alongx']It's organized like shit now, I don't see how it could get much worse. I'd like to see one organized intelligently.

Case in point: I want to buy Rock Band songs. I go to "new content" and see Rock Band. I go into it, and I can only see the latest 3-6 songs; if I want anything older, I have to go three levels back in menus just to drill down to Rock Band in historic content. Browsing could and should be much more intuitive than that. Also, some kind of search would be nice.[/quote]

it defaults to the newly added stuff....of course you can only see the latest....if you want it all then go all content for that game.....does rock band not have an in game option to go directly to all the downloadable content?

i thinkthe wrapper setup for the menus makes it much quicker to get to what you want - yes you have to get used to it but once you do it is faster than the old way of endless scrolling....

you guys have to remember that this stuff is setup for people using controllers..not a mouse and keyboard with the built in ability to search for keywords if you want to....they probably think of what the vast majority of people are using (controller only) and try to make a system (using highlighted areas instead of a pointer) that can browse quickly and efficiently...

you would think that if it was THAT bad then someone somewhere at microsoft would have said "hey, this shit aint cool"...im willing to bet there is a lot of testing/user interface to determine what works best with what they have to use

[quote name='mykevermin']Let's be realistic in the things you'd like to see change, though. Ads won't go anywhere anytime soon, because that affects revenue far more than, say, reorganizing something.
[/QUOTE]

I'll take any opportunity I can get to bitch about the money-suck that is the 360 dashboard when online.

but ads for silver users, no ads for Gold is both fair and should be realistic, but as you say, MS wouldn't give it up. even though they already milk us on everything else under the sun (and even that isn't good enough to keep the service freaking running.)

[quote name='Malik112099']you would think that if it was THAT bad then someone somewhere at microsoft would have said "hey, this shit aint cool"...im willing to bet there is a lot of testing/user interface to determine what works best with what they have to use[/QUOTE]

Heh.

[quote name='Apossum']I'll take any opportunity I can get to bitch about the money-suck that is the 360 dashboard when online.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. My system's setup for auto sign-in, and since I'm on my third console, I no longer have the privilege of playing XBLA titles offline (so I could use the dashboard without getting a doritos visual assault). I can appreciate that. Shame it's not on the "things that will ever happen" schedule.

my biggest pet peeve.....

be able to turn off notices about people coming online while being able to KEEP notices about getting achievements.

it was driving me crazy during Mass Effect, every time someone came online I couldn't see the damn conversation wheel.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Fair enough. My system's setup for auto sign-in, and since I'm on my third console, I no longer have the privilege of playing XBLA titles offline (so I could use the dashboard without getting a doritos visual assault). I can appreciate that. Shame it's not on the "things that will ever happen" schedule.[/QUOTE]

same here (about multiple consoles.) well, besides E4, which I bought on this console. Some people have said they've had success in convincing MS to refund their points to allow them to buy back their games on a new console-- I tried calling MS about this once and hit a complete brick wall of a manager who wouldn't listen to me at all.

[quote name='Brak']Because a server for each multiplayer match isn't costly at all.[/quote]

Well, we do pay a yearly fee, and the PS3 network has dedicated servers for some games, and they don't pay jack.

[quote name='help1']Well, we do pay a yearly fee, and the PS3 network has dedicated servers for some games, and they don't pay jack.[/quote]

the problem with dedicated servers is that they are eventually taken offline....as long as xbox live is a service you will always be able to go back and play your buddy online on any live enabled game

:applause: [quote name='doc_zaius']
be able to turn off notices about people coming online while being able to KEEP notices about getting achievements.
[/quote]:applause:

Yeah that would be awesome! i hate when people cant decide if they are going to be logged on or off.

[quote name='help1']Well, we do pay a yearly fee, and the PS3 network has dedicated servers for some games, and they don't pay jack.[/quote]

Yeah but sony can use their own console as a server. I got a good feeling if a 360s could be used as a server, a room full of them would either explode or start on fire very quickly.:hot:

[quote name='doc_zaius'] it was driving me crazy during Mass Effect, every time someone came online I couldn't see the damn conversation wheel.[/quote]

I think you can set where that info will display - just make sure it's not on the bottom of the screen

[quote name='doc_zaius']
[/QUOTE]

Yep, that would be great! I couldn't care less who is online. All that should pop up are game invites and achievements.

[quote name='jonny_ebe']:applause: :applause:

Yeah that would be awesome! i hate when people cant decide if they are going to be logged on or off.[/quote]

I think that has to do with connectivity issues. Since XBL has been shitty so much this past couple weeks, I've had to log back in and what not.

And plus updates for games log you out automatically to download the patch then log you back in.

[quote name='Liquid 2']4-way private chat.[/quote]

Yes, I would love that. I think it really is just a gameplay issue though, since that would be bad in a game like GOW, because the dead could then speak to their teammates.

My big hit list:

- be able to turn off notices about people coming online while being able to KEEP notices about getting achievements. I've wanted this for a while. Once your friends list grows beyond 20 or so people, people are always hopping on. It gets very annoying.

- 4-way chat: Damn this would be sweet in Halo.

- Removal of Ads for Gold users: Simple concept. I already pay, I should be paying for ads. OR since the ads cover up the themes and gamerpics we have to pay for, make those free to Gold subscribers.

I don't mind the ads. Maybe because I rarely navigate around XBL or the Marketplace. Used to do it a lot back in late 05/2006. Perhaps there's a reason?

I've got some older games that hardly anyone plays online anymore. I wouldn't mind some type of sign up system that matches you with a date and time other players would also like to play these older classics.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Why stop at 4? Bring back the 16-man chat that the original Xbox had.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, the original had 16!? I thought that the original only went up to 4.

Yeah, 16 sounds a lot better.

bread's done
Back