What do you think this CN Year's Gold/Platinum prize will be?

thereefernander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
On top of having probably hundreds and hundreds of coins of sueveys expire I actually still have gotten Platinum status for the last 3 years, so pissed I missed 2011 and didnt get that Mario statue though thats the only one I have really wanted.

Can anyone specualte or have any ideas what Nintendo might offer this year? Maybe with how far they have gone this year with the Free Pokemon 3DS game promo and the free Wii U game promo with MK8 maybe we'll see some more game download prizes.

What do you think CAG?

I think they should let all platinum members vote for what the prize should be.  But since they hate us: a calendar.

Just hoping for a decent 3DS VC game like Link's Awakening last year.

I'm platinum, and was last year, but always go with the game usually as I have no interest in gaming knickknacks, soundtracks etc.

Well, I'm pleased. Per above I figured best I could hope for was a 3DS VC game I was interested in since I have zero interest in figures, posters, soundtracks or other crap I don't collect and wouldn't display in my home.

So getting DKCR 3D is awesome for me.

I usually hit Gold and get the calendar. I actually like them. There was one year I missed-- I think it was 2011-- but otherwise I've been getting those calendars and have been cool with them.

The 2013 reward calendar's quality wasn't up to previous standards, but I still expected Nintendo to continue the general tradition of exclusive physical gifts this year. It was pretty startling to see that both the Gold and Platinum gifts for 2014 are all downloadable games.

I thought I had hit Gold again, but upon checking my account, I came short. Oh well, but it's not like any of the gifts were all that exciting to begin with. Here's hoping that the regular Club Nintendo physical rewards don't go away as well.

Saw a theory someone had on Twitter that next year's gifts might include Amiibo figures. Guess we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I think about it, the more dis-heartening these "rewards" are. If you can only select downloadable games which you can also get for purchase, then this is nothing more than a rebate program. (And I don't want to know how worthless the points really are by doing the calculations!) The physical items were much better because at least they felt special.

From what I can tell our rewards this year are just digital games?

Eh Im not surprised really. CN has been steadily going to shit over the years. I wish they would have given us a choice for a physical item or a game. Not only do none of those games interest me, but I can just buy them digitally if I wanted them.

They should have offered like either 2 digital games for people who don't collect stuff, and offered a physical item for those who do like me. Then everyone is happy.

bread's done
Back