What do you think will be 2005's most anticipated game?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I know this year's was contested by quite a few games. Games like Halo 2, GTA: San Andreas, Half-Life 2, and Metal Gear Soid 3 (etc. not to leave any out) were all at the top of most people's list. But I'm sad to say that Halo 2 was the one that won this year with its obvious record amount of sales and in short time as well.

For 2005 though, I'm expecting it to be Devil May Cry 3. I know the anticipation rate isn't going to be as high as to say Halo 2, but I think many enjoyed the first and want to see this franchise succeed and return to its former glory. Tekken 5 could be up there in terms of fighting games are concerned. I really don't see to many fighters next year that are really appealing.

Edit: Lost my train of thought there for a second. But the one game that I believe will trump all these every othre game this year has to be Kingdom Hearts 2. The expectation rate for that game is just so high and so many people loved the first, I included.

Devile May Cry 3? Highly doubtful. The Devil May Cry series sells well, but I think the game is only anticipated in gamer circles.

I would say Final Fantasy XII.

I won't be anticipating it, but the media will make a big deal out of Gran Turismo 4. The field looks pretty thin for next year, hopefully that means we'll be getting some good original games from semi-independent studios.

DMC 3 is my most anticipated game for next year (God of War is probably a close second) and that is all that matters! :D

Jade Empire might beat it out with the lack of RPGs on the Xbox.

GT 4 might garner some votes as well.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']My vote is RE4. Is the new Zelda due in 2005?[/quote]

I believe it is Morrigan Lover.

I believe that Jade empire is probably the most anticipated Xbox title out next year. It's even close to the top but I think that kingdom Hearts 2 stil beats it.

And cag1000, I believe that Mechassault 2 is coming shortly before the end of this year, so I don't think it counts.

[quote name='cag1000']omg morgan webb lover has returned from the dead and obscurity (and the memories of old school cagers)[/quote]

I don't think it's the same person.

Resident Evil 4
Xenosaga II
Devil May Cry 3
Killer 7
Gran Turismo 4
MidNight Club 3
Zelda (how could I forget)

off the top of my head that I can remember that I'm looking forward too.

The new Zelda game, and Jade Empire both look pretty good. And maybe Ubi will release a non "baditized" PoP game. I just finished playing the Warrior Within demo. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect it will be between GT4 and FFXII, as these will both have major PR campaigns attached that will generate wide anticipation among those who aren't yet paying attention.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']The new Zelda game, and Jade Empire both look pretty good. And maybe Ubi will release a non "baditized" PoP game. I just finished playing the Warrior Within demo. WHY!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

reminds me alot of the Jak and daxter series

[quote name='CaseyRyback']RE4 and Killer 7

I think when we see more of Killer 7 people will be all over it[/quote]

I forgot about Killer 7, they seriously need to put out more info about a game that looks that awesome. Killer 7 is definatley one of my most anticipated games for 2005.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']The new Zelda game, and Jade Empire both look pretty good. And maybe Ubi will release a non "baditized" PoP game. I just finished playing the Warrior Within demo. WHY!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Where can I get a Warrior Within demo?

[quote name='cag1000']omg morgan webb lover has returned from the dead and obscurity (and the memories of old school cagers)[/quote]

I never left

T40412091846081.jpg

Zelda without a doubt. Zelda was huge at E3 this past year when Nintendo unvieled it, I think once its release gets closer you will see a lot more hype for this game.

I am also looking forward to RE 4 and Jade Empire

Zelda, FFXII, and KH2 are the best hands down, but casual gamers will probably go after GT4 or RE4. In short, me:
LOZ
FFXII
KH2

Most of the gaming world:
GT4
RE4

While RE4, DMC3, and FFXII are all on my list, Zelda tops them all. It can't come soon enough...

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='CaseyRyback']RE4 and Killer 7

I think when we see more of Killer 7 people will be all over it[/quote]

I forgot about Killer 7, they seriously need to put out more info about a game that looks that awesome. Killer 7 is definatley one of my most anticipated games for 2005.[/quote]

I think that due to the low amount of info. and barely any PR campaign so far that Killer 7 will turn out to be one of the year's most under-anticipated games much like XIII. Killer 7 seems to be very much in the vain of XIII, with their both similiar cel shading, etc., and XIII was very under appreciated.

I'd say #1 New Zelda, #2 FF 12, #3 Kingdom Hearts 2 as far as popular anticipated titles. Oh yeah, and GT4. Maybe that should be #3 instead.

Zelda-cube
Zelda Minish Cap- GBA
FFXII-PS2
Kingdom Hearts 2-PS2
Conkers live and Reloaded-XBOX
Mario Kart DS-DS
Mertroid Prime-DS
Animal Crossing DS-DS
New Mario DS-DS
NBA Street Vol 3
Madden 2006

I'd say the next Zelda is the only game that could cause the sort of frenzy that Halo 2 and GTA SA received this year, though if FFXII does show up, it will steal some of Link's thunder. RE4 should also make a strong showing, and Gran Turismo 4 should be a success, though the lack of online play is going to piss off a lot of people. Devil May Cry 3 should dry off the franchise after it was pissed on by DMC 2. Finally, the next installment in the Halo franchise will try to repeat the success of this year, if the XBox Next does release at the end of 2005. Whether it succeeds or not will depend on how many people Microsoft can con into buying an XBN. But you know it will happen: if the console is to have a snowballs chance in hell in succeeding, it needs a killer, must-have launch title. There's no brighter jewel in Microsoft's crown than Halo.

Jade Empire.

Definitely the game I'm most looking forward to in 2005.

With Xenosaga - Episode 2 and Suikoden 4 close behind.

I'm going to give a cope out answer here. But, I really think its too early to tell what will be the most anticipated 2005 game. First, too many people haven't played and beaten their biggest 2004 games yet (many of us will be receiving big games for Christmas). So, with 2004's biggest games still too top of mind, its hard to turn to 2005.

Secondly, we don't know everything that will be released yet. So, right now, its just big sequals and Jade Empire that are getting mentioned. I think after more details are released around E3, we will know what the most hyped game will be. With the new systems potentially scheduled for the end of the year 2005, I could see one or 2 big surprises that will start gaining hype in May.

bread's done
Back