What else do you guys collect or spend your money on?

I still have lot of 1980's vintage GI Joe and Transformers stuff stowed away in the attic. I'm beginning to wonder if some of it might be worth something.

$200 shoes? Try some Chuck taylor, converse baby. Those are styling shoes.

Anyway, I usually spend it on movies or games. Other then that pretty much nothing, sometimes CD's, but I'm saving up for University, and a car so I can't spend. At one point i was on a Rampage for Godzilla, and I bout 8 movies.

i used to collect pokemon cards back in the day... looking back now, i see they were a huge waste of money. but for some reason they brought happiness back in the 6th grade.

[quote name='Pootie Thang'][quote name='Stu_sjb137']Wow all that money on stuff u are going to grow out of or lose intrest in.Just wow it amazes me.But keep doin what make u happy man.Its your money, spend it how ever you wanna.[/quote]

Actually I can make a lot of money back by selling them in the future. The Jordan 1's from like 1987 are selling like crazy. Prices even go past $300 on ebay.[/quote]

thats quite a slow investment... it took 17 years... it upped $17 per year on average... uh.. you should collect bear stocks, you'll earn more money that way.

[quote name='EggViper']i used to collect pokemon cards back in the day... looking back now, i see they were a huge waste of money. but for some reason they brought happiness back in the 6th grade.[/quote]

You know, people saying "back in the day" and "in the 6th grade" about Pokemon makes me fell really old. During my first few years of college, I worked weekends at a Toy store, and every week the store ran the Wizards of the Coast sanctioned Pokemon Trading Card League... and I was and thier "Gym Leader" (Per wizards documentation... you actually had to send them your info, fill out paperwork, and show you had at least a working knowledge of the game).

Of course, it was probably one of the most fun parts of the job... it beat the heck out of running the register.

It was great to see all the kids come in and play with all of the other kids... and it was even better when you saw kids that were getting stomped on go back an win some games after coming up to me and asking why they kept losing (sometimes in near tears... these were 6-12 year olds.) I would sit down with the kids, and help them fine tune thier decks, and if they were old enough, it try to explain more complex ideas like probability, statistics and the importance of card advantage.

Geez. I guess I actually am old.

Zombie movies
Randy Moss stuff (figures, jerseys)
Boba and Jango Fett figures
Tony Hawk and Steve Caballero stuff

I vent my obsessive compulsive disorder towards pokemon cards.

I literally have so many I can't count them, and I spend hours sorting them.

[quote name='paz9x']my kid and tattoos[/quote]

You collect kids omg sick dude and quit spending money on tats.

:lol:

Pokemon cards and Transformers! :D I used to collect Beanie Babies, but it got old. I still have two boxes worth I need to sell.

[quote name='Ben_F'][quote name='paz9x']my kid and tattoos[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

yeah you should really spend more money on drugs o_O

[quote name='Darke Katt']I used to collect Beanie Babies, but it got old. I still have two boxes worth I need to sell.[/quote]

Yeah good luck with that! I tried selling of mine a few years ago, and they are worth nothing. No one's buying. They're cute though, I don't mind keeping them now.

I stopped buying jerseys every time i get on the son of a bitch goes to another team ,and i am out 70 bucks.I will just keep my money and buy plain t-shirts from marshalls.

There's stuff to buy besides games? Well, uhhh, I buy.... errr... let's see... I buy ps2 stuff. Oh, yeah, those are games I guess. Nevermind. Well, I also by xbox stuff. Oh yeah, those are games too. Umm, how bout gamecube stuff? I buy that too. Crap, I guess those are games as well.

So I ask again: There's stuff to buy besides games?

[quote name='Ben_F'][quote name='paz9x']my kid and tattoos[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

I spend money on kids, not my kids just kids I see.
Usually little boys, I entice them with wine and sleep overs.
Its not sexual, its liek I see god in their eyes.

Wait do you know Jordan's hot spot ended some 8 or so odd years ago? He sucks now...He's a legend and they insist on ripping people off to this day with those damn shoes...WOW theyre Jordans?!! HOLY SHIT!!! I wore them in 3rd grade! Grow up and spend money on food and important shit! "Ballin" is something made up by MTV(the new MTV old school MTV kicked ass!) and BET...material things mean nothing...Im amazed that you feel cool and have to put up a thread about your f***ing shoes! WTF?! Get over it and buy a friggin videogame! Stop the ballin and start playing!

Books, manga, CDs

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='paean']DVDs (not really collecting, just buy what I want to see/missed from theatres), some books (George R R Martin), that's about it.[/quote]

Yeah I forgot to add George R. R. Martin to my list, can't wait til A Feast For Crows comes out. I also used to collect CD's.[/quote]

And I'm another GRRM fan. :) Have you guys ever read any of his non-ASoIaF books? I've seen the Wildcards books in bookstores, as well as another book that he co-wrote with someone, but I've heard that he wrote other books and I've never seen any in bookstores. Are they out of print or something? Do you think they're worth trying to find?

So who are your favorite characters? Mine are Tyrion and Jon.

EDIT: How bizarre is this? I just went to GRRM's website and apparently about a week ago he announced that his older books are about to be republished. :shock: :D

[quote name='Quackzilla']I vent my obsessive compulsive disorder towards pokemon cards.

I literally have so many I can't count them, and I spend hours sorting them.[/quote]

Is that a fact? We need to meet. :twisted:

Other than games... I collect rocks, minerals, and fossils. It's a fun hobby, I've learned quite a bit, and I've been fortunate to acquire some nice pieces. Also, I like to add to my DVD library.

A lot of my money goes into my '98 Chevy Blazer, you can check it out at here.
Pretty soon it will go into the BMW my parents are getting me. Other than that I have no job so I'm a poor high school kid entering college next year.

I used to collect comics and sports cards but I haven't done that in awhile. Currently, I collect Jackie Chan movies (I also collect others like anime and other martial arts movies but I have more Jackie Chan than anything else). I have the following so far...

Accidental Spy, The
Crime Story
Dragon Fist
Drunken Master
Fantasy Mission Force
Fearless Hyena
Fearless Hyena 2
First Strike
Gorgeous
Half a Loaf of Kung Fu
In Eagle Shadow Fist
Jackie Chan: My Story
Killer Meteors
Miracles
Mr. Nice Guy
New Fist of Fury
Operation Condor
Police Story
Project A II
Rumble in the Bronx
Rush Hour
Rush Hour 2
Shaolin Wooden Men
Shanghai Noon
Shanghai Knights
Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin
Snake Fist Fighter
Spiritual Kung Fu
Supercop
Ten Fingers of Death
The Legend of Drunken Master
To Kill With Intrigue
Tuxedo, The
Twin Dragons
Who Am I?
Young Master

i really liked operation condor for some reason, that thing with the spinning dog tag at the end, it just made that movie my favorite of his. 2nd has to be the legend of the drunken master, and 3rd is rumble in the bronx.

^^wow, thats a vast collection of jackie chan movies.
i noticed you don't have the medallion....
(thats a good thing!)

Yeah, I heard Medallion wasn't that great but I'll still probably get it. Even in his less than stellar films, I always find something in it that entertains me. The main ones I want to get next are City Hunter, Police Story 2, and Meals on Wheels.

bread's done
Back