What extra services do you use when shipping?

Vhehs2

Banned
What services would you use when shipping something worth about $150 (DS, PSP, iPod, etc.) through USPS?

Do you just stick wit hDelivery Confirmation, or do you upgrade to Signature Confirmation?

And finally, how does insurance work, and is it worth it?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I couldn't find a better place.

I would go with insurance. I believe that anything insured for over $50 has to be signed for, even though you don't get the tracking service that comes with signature confirmation.

The USPS website has an online claims process on their site that could probably give you a good idea of how the claims process goes.

I mailed a bunch of magazines and PSP memory cards to my brother when he was training in Wisconsin somewhere. I always make sure to put one strand of duct tape around the box when I ship to him. Reason being, if someone opens up the box, I like to know (and USPS people use there special tape). Well, lo and behold, the box got opened up in Michigan for no discernible reason and the two psp memory cards magically disappeared.

Well, I had the box insured for like 75 bucks, and priced the missing memory cards at 50 bucks. I had to fill out a claims form at the PO I mailed it from. Literally, that was all. Like 8 weeks later, I got a check from USPS for 50 bucks. Not too bad.

I agree with the first response, signature confirm should be good enough, and definitely used for anything $150+. As for insurance, I've never used it so I can't give you any advice, though I don't think it's necessary.

Delivery confirmation. But I don't send out anything more expensive that movies and games. I'd go with signature conf and maybe insurance against loss or damage if it was something worth say $200 or more.

always use delivery confirmation so you can track it and if its an expensive item insure it because if its damaged or lost usps wont do shit for you. ive had issues with tampared packages in the past and because they werent insured the gave me the old "theres nothing we can do about it". signature confirmation is good because it requires someone to sign for the package but sometimes they dont i guess it depends on the carrier.

[quote name='vince220']Do you know if USPS will allow someone under 18 to insure a package?[/QUOTE]

i dont think theres an age requirement to use the service but to be sure just ask the but you need to add insurance to if anything just to cover your ass for a worst case scenario. go to this link to figure out how much it will cost to send your package.

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm

bread's done
Back