What feedback would you leave?

drfunk85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Recently, I was selling something on Ebay. This is how the auction went down:

-Item was sold on Sept 23rd. In my item description I said I required payment within 72 hours.
-Message sent to winner on Sept 27th indicating that they passed that time, and I was giving them 24 hours to pay before filing a dispute.
-Dispute opened on the 30th
-I was lazy and didn't close out the dispute, so it remained open.
-FINALLY, on Oct 13th, I received a message indicating that the buyer was waiting for her paypal limit to be increased and she needed to be verified (is this even a legit excuse?). She claimed she would pay on the 15th.
-Doesn't pay on the 15th, so on the 16th I close the dispute and get the Final Value Fee Credit
-After I closed it on the 16th, I was sent payment for the item, but less than was required (was short by a $5 shipping charge on a $27 total, paid $22)
-After communicating this, a few hours later was then OVERPAID (paid the same as the original amount, so about $44 total)
-I refunded the extra $17
-6 hours after the payment, she sent a message asking if I had shipped the item yet.
-I waited the full 2 days I stated I would take in my auction to mail the item. I wanted to give the funds enough time to clear out of my paypal account. I also paid for delivery confirmation myself. It was sent out the 18th.
-Yesterday, Oct 22, received a message asking if the item had been mailed and how. I replied yes, and via USPS priority mail. Hours later, received a message stating that they hadn't received it and asked if I had any sort of tracking of the item. I provided her with the DC number which stated that it had been delivered 2 days ago (Oct 20). She stated it wasn't. I told her to talk to her postman then.
-Hours after that I received a positive feedback from her on ebay saying she got the jersey.

So, my question is, what feeback would you leave in this case? I ended up getting paid the full amount. However, I have a feeling if I didn't she would have screwed me. The person has a low number of feedback, but not 0 (18 positive I think) and one negative from around the time my auction ended (I assume this seller wasn't as lazy to close the dispute).

I'd leave positive feedback. If you want you could put something in the text like "Took a while but did eventually receive payment."

I don't think the situation warrants a negative. MAYBE a neutral but that's pushing it since you were paid in full, albeit a bit later than you stated in your auction. Sounds like a newbie eBayer who didn't read your terms fully and flaked out a bit when trying to use PayPal.

Yeah, the worst would be neutral. Honestly if it were me I would leave a positive stating what happened with everything so others are aware.

I actually left a neutral before this thread started. I just wanted to see what everybody thought.

My reasoning was that I could have closed out the deal a week or two before she ever paid me and left a negative and been perfectly in the right. I also couldn't shake the feeling that I was going to be somehow scammed by the way the buyer acted, and if I didn't at least note that I would feel bad for not warning other sellers.

[quote name='drfunk85']I actually left a neutral before this thread started. I just wanted to see what everybody thought.

My reasoning was that I could have closed out the deal a week or two before she ever paid me and left a negative and been perfectly in the right. I also couldn't shake the feeling that I was going to be somehow scammed by the way the buyer acted, and if I didn't at least note that I would feel bad for not warning other sellers.[/quote]

Be careful with that neutral feedback. I've left those before, and the fucker who sold me the item then left me negative for leaving him neutral. We both agreed to withdraw the feedback, but it was pretty annoying. Sometimes submitting no feedback is better than leaving neutrals.

[quote name='shieryda']Be careful with that neutral feedback. I've left those before, and the fucker who sold me the item then left me negative for leaving him neutral. We both agreed to withdraw the feedback, but it was pretty annoying. Sometimes submitting no feedback is better than leaving neutrals.[/quote]

I realized that. I only left it after she left me a positive (and partly because she left me a positive so quickly after claiming she didn't receive the package and then me telling her I used delivery confirmation)

bread's done
Back