What firearms do you own?

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I am just curious what CAG's here own any guns, and if so, what they are. I also would love it if someone could post deals on ammo and/or guns that they know of. After all, we are all cheapasses.

What I own:

2 Chinese SKS assault rifles. 7.62.39 mm
AR-15 assault rifle. 5.56 mm
Hi-Point 9mm pistol
Hi-Point .45 Cal pistol
Makrov (Hungarian) pistol 9mm
12 gauge shotgun
.22 cal pistol
.22 rifle

It would not surprise me if this turns into a gun debate thread, which is fine if it does. But hopefully we can get a few posts of what firearms people own before we start getting the "What a bunch of redneck's!!" posts from our more sophisticated and enlightened brotheren.

In the home where my 2 year old and 5 year old sleep and play, none.

The registered guns I can have in my possession within 60 minutes of driving, a few dozen.

The unregistered guns I can have in my possession within 5 hours of driving, a few.

The guns I can have delivered with one phone call, no comment.

[quote name='ananag112']Why do you own so many weapons? Do you use them for hunting or do you just like looking at them?[/QUOTE]

I go camping a lot. I shoot targets a lot. And, it's an investment.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
The registered guns I can have in my possession within 60 minutes of driving, a few dozen.

The unregistered guns I can have in my possession within 5 hours of driving, a few.

The guns I can have delivered with one phone call, no comment.[/QUOTE]

Now my interest is really piqued :). Well can you list a few of your more exotic or favorite guns? Are they actually yours or do you just have access to them?

31d-tbiJKWL._SS500_.jpg

That's cool. I am somewhat wii-ignorant (even though I'm making wii games), which game do yo use it for? Does that peripheral come with a game?

[quote name='thrustbucket']That's cool. I am somewhat wii-ignorant (even though I'm making wii games), which game do yo use it for? Does that peripheral come with a game?[/QUOTE]

Nope, $15 by itself. I've used it for House of the Dead 2/3 thus far, but I may try Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles at some point.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Now my interest is really piqued :). Well can you list a few of your more exotic or favorite guns? Are they actually yours or do you just have access to them?[/quote]

My father-in-law (less than 60 minutes out) has several full gun safes. A few antique Colts (some are operable) and far too many generic rifles and shotguns to keep track of.

My father (a few hours out) has a 30 year old .22 revolver and .22 bolt action rifle. The gun are old enough that they grandfather registration laws and are still legal.

I trained on my father's guns. I definitely prefer the revolver because it doesn't jam like the pocket pistols he bought my sisters when their neighbors were making improper advances.

Also, a few rounds of .22 pistol ammo can fit into your mouth without affecting speech. You can fold one or two under your scrotum, but I've never been comfortable with that.

Regarding guns, I don't need them so I don't own them. If the time every comes that I do need one, I can get them.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']My father-in-law (less than 60 minutes out) has several full gun safes. A few antique Colts (some are operable) and far too many generic rifles and shotguns to keep track of.

My father (a few hours out) has a 30 year old .22 revolver and .22 bolt action rifle. The gun are old enough that they grandfather registration laws and are still legal.

I trained on my father's guns. I definitely prefer the revolver because it doesn't jam like the pocket pistols he bought my sisters when their neighbors were making improper advances.

Also, a few rounds of .22 pistol ammo can fit into your mouth without affecting speech. You can fold one or two under your scrotum, but I've never been comfortable with that.

Regarding guns, I don't need them so I don't own them. If the time every comes that I do need one, I can get them.[/QUOTE]

KENTUCKY.JPG

Ruger Mark III Hunter (.22)
Remington Model 33 (.22)
AR-15 Varminter custom built (.223)
Beretta AL391 (12 gauge)
Sig P226 Equinox (.357 but have the .40 conversion)

Next on the list is an LRB M1A

[quote name='mykevermin']
KENTUCKY.JPG
[/quote]

My 12 point plan for a better Kentucky (circa 5/2007)

1. War will be declared on Illinois for referring Paducah as Illinois' ass boil.

2. All legal documents will be signed with an X.

3. Additional taxes for any cars with a MPG over 15.

4. Firearms for everybody. An addtional gun for every felony conviction.

5. If you can shoot it, it's in season.

6. New driver's license at every happy hour, tailgate or field party.

7. A tax on every tooth.

8. All medicine must be practiced while praying.

9. The age of consent is 16; 14 if she's family.

10. Colonel Sanders declared God.

11. Matt Damon!

12. Intentionally left blank.

I don't have any in my house, partially because my wife is scared to death of them.

However my father has a HUGE collection of antique rifles and shotguns. I guess I'll one day be selling them, if it's still legal to sell guns should that unfortunate day come. Maybe I'll keep the elephant gun though.

[quote name='pittpizza']I have a M4 with red dot sight, martydom and stopping power.[/QUOTE]

M4? Is that a version of the AR15 or is that something else?

My oldest brother has a dealers license and quite a bit of guns. No idea what he has really, but I know he has an MP5 and several others. He used to a blued Walter PPK with full Nazi SS insignia, but he sold it years ago. He does all that because well, he loves guns, but its a good investment and has made damn good trades for other things amongst friends and such.

I know I'd love to have a Beretta 93R though. At least I know where to get a damn good deal whenever I want something.

Just a couple Walthers so far. A PPKS and P99.

I used to go target shooting a few times a week but I don't get out to the range very often any more.

I would really like to get a good deal on a Desert Eagle, just for the hell of it.

A buddy of mine actually won a gun in a raffle. He won "any gun priced less than $___ (I forget the amount) at Joe Schmoe's gun shop."

He showed it to me the other day and we were screwing around playing with it and shooting it at each other.

Nothing serious, just like close to each other, and at each others feet and ears and stuff. Then we took it outside and fired at random cars and bicyclists. It was fun.

Ahhhh....good times.

I own a M1903A3, though I have some paperwork to fill out before I take possession of it at my current residence. There's also a heirloom .38 revolver that belonged to my grandfather waiting for me to pick it up next time I see some family in Virginia.

[quote name='Magehart']Sig P226 Equinox (.357 but have the .40 conversion)[/QUOTE]

*sigh*

I don't feel like I need any more firearms than what I already have, but the Sig line is really excellent.

[quote name='trq']I don't feel like I need any more firearms than what I already have, but the Sig line is really excellent.[/quote]

I love the Sig. Nothing beats the feel of a solid handgun with wood grips.

[quote name='Magehart']I love the Sig. Nothing beats the feel of a solid handgun with wood grips.[/QUOTE]

I learned to shoot on a .22 Beretta, a S&W .44 magnum, the previously mentioned .38, and a Sig 226. I wasn't until I got to the two-two-six that I loved shooting a little. I very much envy my law enforcement buddies who have 'em standard issue ...

[quote name='SpazX']If only one of those people had a gun, then that never would have happened.[/quote]

Just like Virginia Tech right?

By this logic we ought to arm every man woman and child to the teeth, so that whenever some shit does go down, every person in sight is there to have their sights trained on em.

I'm so sick of this flawed logic it makes me want to puke.

Arming more people will only result in more deaths, and more incidents like VT and the one just mentioned.

[quote name='pittpizza']Just like Virginia Tech right?

By this logic we ought to arm every man woman and child to the teeth, so that whenever some shit does go down, every person in sight is there to have their sights trained on em.

I'm so sick of this flawed logic it makes me want to puke.

Arming more people will only result in more deaths, and more incidents like VT and the one just mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Heath, the hostage/suicide took place in a shooting range.

Spaz was taking the piss.

I think I recall that hostage/suicide. It led to, I think, some laws in states where you must go in a group to a shooting range (i.e., they want people coming into shooting ranges to have friends with them so they're far less likely to commit suicide in the range).

[quote name='pittpizza']
Arming more people will only result in more deaths, and more incidents like VT and the one just mentioned.[/quote]How would it lead to MORE? Nobody is saying we should make it easier for the crazy people to get guns. The Va Tech shooter was certifiably nuts, and he still had no problem getting the weapons he needed. So then how do you propose people protect themselves from the raving lunatics who, no matter how much gun control this country will have, will find a way to be armed to the tits with firepower when they go on their shooting sprees? There has to be a solution found in the middle, between "Let all law abiding citizens carry guns" and "No guns for anyone but police". Yes, that style works for some countries, but just because of the culture of those societies allows it to work, they are used to it. But we can't change the culture in the US, it's far too late for that.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How would it lead to MORE? Nobody is saying we should make it easier for the crazy people to get guns. The Va Tech shooter was certifiably nuts, and he still had no problem getting the weapons he needed. So then how do you propose people protect themselves from the raving lunatics who, no matter how much gun control this country will have, will find a way to be armed to the tits with firepower when they go on their shooting sprees? There has to be a solution found in the middle, between "Let all law abiding citizens carry guns" and "No guns for anyone but police". Yes, that style works for some countries, but just because of the culture of those societies allows it to work, they are used to it. But we can't change the culture in the US, it's far too late for that.[/QUOTE]

It's quite simple, really: allowing firearms possession in a greater number of places increases the probability of both accidental firearms-related fatalities, as well as inappropriate firearm usage criminally. Allowing firearms to be carried on campuses, then (traditionally a location where firearms are prohibited) increases the domain in which firearms can be accidentally used.

Accidental firearms fatalities bear this out: they happen in locations, primarily (the home, police stations, autos, shooting ranges), where people have firearms, and less in places that they don't (campuses).

So, the simple equations are twofold:
1) Do you really think that something like VT will always be stopped if firearms are permitted to be carried on campuses? Or, what is the more realistic success rate?
2) Is the approximate number of "lives saved" from stopping a college shooting *greater* than the logically necessary *increase* in firearms-related fatalities (to speak nothing of accidents) on campuses?

(sorry to hijack the thread, but this is a pretty simple issue that, I don't think, interferes with gun rights so much - though some of y'all may disagree).

[quote name='mykevermin']It's quite simple, really: allowing firearms possession in a greater number of places increases the probability of both accidental firearms-related fatalities, as well as inappropriate firearm usage criminally. Allowing firearms to be carried on campuses, then (traditionally a location where firearms are prohibited) increases the domain in which firearms can be accidentally used.

Accidental firearms fatalities bear this out: they happen in locations, primarily (the home, police stations, autos, shooting ranges), where people have firearms, and less in places that they don't (campuses).

So, the simple equations are twofold:
1) Do you really think that something like VT will always be stopped if firearms are permitted to be carried on campuses? Or, what is the more realistic success rate?
2) Is the approximate number of "lives saved" from stopping a college shooting *greater* than the logically necessary *increase* in firearms-related fatalities (to speak nothing of accidents) on campuses?

(sorry to hijack the thread, but this is a pretty simple issue that, I don't think, interferes with gun rights so much - though some of y'all may disagree).[/quote]I suppose I could say we should educate people more on proper gun use, but who would I be kidding? If people are too stupid to not know about gun safety already, then they shouldn't have guns in the first place.

I don't have any answers to these questions. Like I said, it would be nice for people to have a chance at protecting themselves, then again, accidental deaths and "spur of the moment" shit would happen too.

Oh, and as far as getting back on topic goes, I don't own any guns, but my cousin owns a handgun, and some kind of assault rifle (he went out and bought it right when the Government allowed them). He's got a completely clean record, and pretty much only has them because they are "toys" to him, as in, he buys a bunch of shit now nobody really needs because he didn't have shit as a kid.

Well since it was posted in the vs. thread, and since the OP had the word "gun" in it, I highly doubt anyone can gripe that this turned into a gun debate.

Spaz, forgive me if I misinterpreted your post.

Regardless, Myke's post hits the nail on the head.

Look at gun deaths in Canada, England, or any other country where it is illegal to own firearms. Then look at the number in the U.S.

What can we conclude? Basically that we value guns more than lives, and that is fucked up.

More guns equals more gun deaths no matter how you look at it. The "owning a gun will prevent gun toting maniacs from killing more people" argument is idiotic and I have a hard time believing anybody makes it seriously. Hence the vomiting reaction: poor logic and stupidity make me want to puke. I can't help it.

VG, the "thats just the way our culture is" argument is pessimistic and tautological. It won't be that way if the law doesn't allow it.

Moreover, stupid kids, depressed emos, maniacs, people with bad tempers, teens who like to blow shit up, or any other category of persons who either (1) kill people with guns or (2) get killed by guns don't wear T-shirts labeling them as such. So NO, you can't just assume that a nice balance could be struck.

IF guns weren't as abundant as they are in this country it wouldn't be so easy to get them. THis basically brings us back to square one: More guns equals more gun deaths no matter how you look at it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']So... Mykevermin, PitPizza, do you not believe in or want the second amendment?[/quote]

We've evolved as a society where we don't need guns anymore. Governments that suspend basic rights would reinstate said rights if we politely ask them to, right?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']We've evolved as a society where we don't need guns anymore. Governments that suspend basic rights would reinstate said rights if we politely ask them to, right?[/QUOTE]

I assume that must be the case. Most anti-gun or anti-second amendment arguments seem to boil down to that.

"Oh shit, our government just turned into an authoritative dictatorship? Hurry, write your elected official and ask him to give our gun rights back!" - Some German Citizen, circa 1939

[quote name='thrustbucket']I assume that must be the case. Most anti-gun or anti-second amendment arguments seem to boil down to that.

"Oh shit, our government just turned into an authoritative dictatorship? Hurry, write your elected official and ask him to give our gun rights back!" - Some German Citizen, circa 1939[/quote]

Actually the argument I always hear is that the govt has the bombers, tanks, and nukes, so what difference does a gun make.

They always forget that while the govt does have the heavy ordinance, the citizens' possession of guns would make martial law much harder to implement effectively for an indefinite amount of time.

It's like I said: some people (I guess FOC and thrust included) just value guns over lives. The successful gun bans in most other Western Democracies prove this empirically and conclusively. Believe it or not, England, France, Canada, Denmark (the list goes on and on) have not yet raped and pillaged their populace, even though their populace isn't armed.

Hmmm...? Makes you think doesn't it.

"Waaaaaahhhh! But my whole idiotic argument for keeping gun deaths up in the US was based on the ability to fight the government, and when other nations do it and still function correctly (i.e. don't turn into Nazi Germany) it ruins my point! Waaaaahhhhhh! Now I don't have ANYTHING to justify the thousands of lives lost every year due to gun violence!"

It's like all these fuckheads think that the tens of thousands of deaths every year are the deaths of oppressive government officials. It just amazes me that people (some seemingly smart) buy this load of crap.

Anybody wanna try another argument?

Pizza, I'm all for banning guns as long as you make them so illegal that cops and military can't have them either. While your at it, lets ban cars, because several hundred times more people die from cars than guns.

Oh wait, cars aren't made for killing people is your next argument, right? Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of families with dead car death victims. Tell them their kid didn't die by a violent crime and is safe from statistics - I'm sure they will feel better. It doesn't change the fact that less cars on the road would have given their loved on a statistically higher chance of living, does it? And it doesn't change the fact that other countries with less cars have less car deaths so they must be doing something better, right?

Throw all the statistics out there you like, but none of my guns have killed a person, and that's all that matters to me. That makes me immune from your statistcs. Just like the probable fact that you haven't killed anyone with your car, makes you immune from the above. You aren't going to convince me that the more guns I personally own, the more people will die, that's the lowest of the low lawyer logic.

Your argument that we value guns over lives is bordering on insane. Try wrapping your head around this one: We value guns BECAUSE we value lives. Shocking isn't it? Can you even comprehend that? Probably not... I doubt that computes for you at all in a brain that so easily seems brainwashed to equate guns with death and nothing else.

Answer me this: What do you invest in, or have faith in, to protect the lives of those you love? And explain to me how it is more efficient than having the training and means to do so yourself.

As long as guns are out there, and bad guys have them, I should be able to have them to. And so should you. That's all I'm saying.

And you still continue to avoid my first simple question: Do you support and believe in the second amendment or don't you? It's a yes or no question. If you would like to see us scrap the second amendment, then man up and say so.

bread's done
Back