what game do you think will win Game of the year

S

starmask2k3

I think it should be

Enslaved

What do you should be

If the critics were to choose: Mass Effect 2.

The casual gamer (Spike TV Awards) would probably choose Black Ops sadly just on the value of the "Call of Duty" franchise.

Have we all forgotten Reach already? I'm gonna say it's gonna be between Reach and Black Ops. I'd love to see something like Mass Effect 2 win just to see the CODftw kids upset.

If you have not played enslaved play it its goty for sar

[quote name='starmask2k3']If you have not played enslaved play it its goty for sar[/QUOTE]

Will you give me a refund if I don't like it;)

Although I enjoy it, it better not be Black Ops. Reach was pretty good, but not sure it would get my GOTY vote.

I have yet to play both Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2. I look forward to seeing what all the hype is about.

My guess is that it will either go to Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption.

However, I'll cast my vote for Bioshock 2 :applause: (even though I know it won't win).

I'm gonna say it will be either Black Ops or Reach, just because of the franchise factor.

If I had to pick, I'd pick Reach.

I have only played 4 360 games that released this year, though, so I don't have much base to pick from. (Blur, Reach, Black Ops, and Conviction)

EDIT: I was speaking 360 only.

If overall, I'd pick Bioshock 2 since I own it on PC.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Probably Gran Turismo 5 considering people have been waiting 6 years for it.[/QUOTE]

If the amount of time spent waiting for a game is the determinate factor(I know you were joking), then we might as well call Duke Nukem Forever GOTY 2011 already.

My vote is for Mass Effect 2, but Bayonetta is a very close second(came out 1/5/10!) I have Enslaved and have not played that yet. I also have Reach but haven't been impressed with it either, I'll probably trade it in soon.

My vote for flop of the year goes to Fable 3, though. I loved Fable II, despite how short it was and Fable III took such simple things such as npc interaction and managed to ruin it. It is entirely jarring to have to change camera angle and cut scene just to shake someone's hand. No thanks.

Flop #2 I'd like to give to Fallout : New Vegas. 6 hours in I got a DLC corruption bug that corrupted all my saves and I'm not going back to that until I know that issue has been fixed. Boy, am I sure glad I picked that up release day.

[quote name='Spanky']Have we all forgotten Reach already? I'm gonna say it's gonna be between Reach and Black Ops. I'd love to see something like Mass Effect 2 win just to see the CODftw kids upset.[/QUOTE]

Haven't forgotten Reach, loved it, but the correct answer is still Mass Effect 2.

ME2, if you add up all the DLC and bonus content added to it it's pretty mighty...and I'm also giving it points for coming out so early in the year and still being such a great game.

RDR is my 2nd pick, because unlike ME2 it has online multiplayer and a social network. the cerberus update isn't like the rockstar social club at all.

wild card: Halo Reach.

(these are console picks, PC pick is Star Craft 2 the heavy weight)

I'll have to try Mass Effect 2, but some of the others mentioned here are terrible.

Black Ops is a huge step back from MW 2. Enslaved is a movie with crappy interactivity shoehorned in. Come on people...

[quote name='willardhaven']Enslaved is a movie with crappy interactivity shoehorned in. Come on people...[/QUOTE]

How can you say that have you played it

360 - Mass Effect 2 (Halo Reach a Close 2nd)
PS3 - Gran Turismo 5
Wii - Super Mario Galaxy 2
DS - Super Scribblenauts
PSP - God of War: Ghosts of Sparta (SMT:p3P Close 2nd)
PC - Starcraft 2
Multi-Platform - Rock Band 3 (Yet to play Black Ops. No real interest in Red Dead.)

Overall GotY - Mass Effect 2.

Depends on who does the voting. If its open to anyone it'll be CoD:BO or perhaps Reach. If its gaming journalists I'd bet Red Dead Redemption, Starcraft 2, or Mass Effect 2. Personally, I like Mass Effect 2 not only as my favorite game of the year but my favorite game of this generation so far. Then again, I'm a big fan of story-driven games and they don't get much more story-driven than Mass Effect 2.

exclusive or non? black ops or reach you know will get tons of votes but I still like mass effect 2. other games I enjoy alot are bioshock 2 & borderlands but borderlands is from last year ;/

I'm not sure why so many people are wanting ME2 to get GOTY. I played through it, but I enjoyed ME1 more (although the combat is much improved in the 2nd).

[quote name='Danil ACE']I'm not sure why so many people are wanting ME2 to get GOTY. I played through it, but I enjoyed ME1 more (although the combat is much improved in the 2nd).[/QUOTE]

Correct, me1 was way better I say but what else is there to choose from really? Fable 3? Sims 3? C'mon, son!

I am going to go in a different direction, my GOTY was Limbo. It put a cheeky smile on my face while I was playing, especially the first half. I have ME2 and RDR, but haven't played them yet.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I'm not sure why so many people are wanting ME2 to get GOTY. I played through it, but I enjoyed ME1 more (although the combat is much improved in the 2nd).[/QUOTE]A) Because it's the game that deserves it the most.

B) Because it improved upon every aspect of the first game.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I'm not sure why so many people are wanting ME2 to get GOTY. I played through it, but I enjoyed ME1 more (although the combat is much improved in the 2nd).[/QUOTE]

People have different tastes. I fully enjoyed Mass Effect, but Mass Effect 2 improved everything I liked about the first game, and removed everything I disliked.

Yes, I did like exploring unknown planets, much more than scanning them for minerals, but every planet you went down to in ME2 was far better designed than the many, many cookie-cutter buildings and mining caves that ME1 had. That's a worthy trade in my book.

This is what I think the GOTY games should be:

GOTY: Final Fantasy XIII
RPG GOTY: Final Fantasy XIII
Action GOTY: Mass Effect 2
Sports GOTY: NBA 2K11
Shooter GOTY: Halo: Reach (For now...)
XBLA GOTY: Monkey Island 2 and Snoopy Flying Ace

Biggest Letdown: Red Dead Redemption

These are my picks, seriously doubt any of them will win. And remember that this is just based on games I played

I'm going to say that when the time comes the critics will be torn on Red Dead and Reach. Everyone went nuts for RDR and IIRC(despite the detractors on this forum), most reviewers felt Reach was the game was everything Halo 3 and ODST should have been. ODST and Halo 3 weren't really on the table for GOTY in their respective years, so I think the fact that Reach is Bungie's last Halo game will be an pretty big factor.

Personal GOTY: Bioshock 2 - while the game's environment and story weren't as fresh as the first, everything else about the game was improved on in every way.

[quote name='ubernes']If you don't say Mass Effect 2, you haven't played Mass Effect 2.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played any mass effect games so I'll go with Alan Wake.

Alan Wake was the best game experience I played this year.

I tried the Mass Effect 2 demo and didn't make it to the end of it before losing interest, so I guess it's not my GOTY. :) I have a hard time picking GOTY's, though, so I'll abstain.

My favourites of the year are Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, and although I didn't really like it at the start Red Dead is growing on me slightly.

Well there will probably be like 10 games with "Game of the Year" editions next year, so that goes to show you how many games will think they are "Game of the Year."

So what is up with the way this question is phrased. What do you mean "win game of the year." From who? You know there, like, isn't a singular officiated organization that decides that, right OP?

Anyways, tie between Gridrunner Revolution and Super Meat Boy.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Mass Effect 2.

Game of Forever.
[/QUOTE]
This this this, forever.

But I'm with CoffeeEdge... there is no official Game of the Year, only individual magazines and websites that give awards, and games that use it as a marketing slogan. So it's kind of a strange question to ask.

bread's done
Back