What game genres do you dislike?

Archaic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
There are several genres that I cannot for the life of me get into, and I've been playing games since the 2600.

For example, I'd really like to enjoy racing games, what with cool looking titles like Midnight Club- DUB and Burnout 3 out there, but I have never and likely will never enjoy a racing game. Same thing with sports games. No matter how cool it looks or how hyped it is, I know that upon trying it I will not be drawn to it in the least. Sometimes I try anyway, though, always with the same result.

What game genres can't you stand, and, more importantly, has any game from that genre ever pulled you in regardless?

Im probably alone on this here, but I cannot stand the majority of first person shooters.

Every so often one will come along that I will enjoy (golden eye 007) But for the most part I cant stand them. Keep your Halos and halo clones away from me please=-)

I agree with FPS's. The only one I have ever really enjoyed and finished is Turok Evolution.

The genre that I hate above all others though is RPG's. I cant stand the stupid things.

I can't get into the Survival Horror but it's because of the controls. I hate walking into a room at the top of the screen then it jumps to a new screen and I'm on the upper left walking down. I don't know if this is still true of the genre, but the few I tried that did this really annoyed me.

Also not a fan of the MMORPG. I just don't have that kind of time to devote to a game.

MMORPg-- I don't want to pay 50 bucks for a game, then 10-15/month. Plus I'm not really into the 'social' aspect. I am interested in Guild Wars, however, and my wife and I both have computers that would run it, that might be fun.

Regular racing games. I like things like Speed Devils, but I don't get into the sim-racers.

Most sports games--last baseball game I enjoyed was RBI 95 for 32x. I can deal with 'alternative' sports, like Mutant League Hockey, and I liked Rumble Roses.

RTS. Just don't like them.

Stealth Action - I alack the patience for thsi type of gameplay. I prefer more straightforward action-oriented gameplay.

Sports (Though I do enjoy "wacky" ones like Mutant League Football/Sega Soccer Slam/etc)
Tactical RPGs (some are just way too complex for me to get into)
MMORPG (I refuse to pay to PLAY a game I've already PAID for and I really can't commit that much time/money to ONE game)
RTS (I had to do a Warcraft 3 map for my Gaming class last quarter and I realized VERY QUICKLY how much I ABSOLUTELY HATE this type of game)

I'll go in on FPSs too although I keep buying 'em when they are cheap on the off chance that they will get me back into them again. I used to love them when Goldeneye came out for N64 but lately they give me motion sickness. That's really the only reason I dislike them. I must be getting old. Or maybe I need to sit farther away from the TV.

I used to like RPG but all of a sudden with work and being married, I just cant play them anymore. I like them but its that one genre that I can't play anymore.

Sports games especially the sim type - I use to like the Madden's on the Genesis but that was because I would play it against my younger sister and it was a lot simpler. Now the controls are so complicated.

Strategy games and RTS - FFT, Phantom Brave, etc. They took out the fun parts of an rpg (like town explorations) and just gave us the battles.

FPS - the only one I really liked was timesplitters 2. I hate using both analog sticks to control the camera.

Survival horror - silent hill 2 was completely boring. The tasks like finding a key are too long that I seem to forget what was happening with the story.

I really dislike Sports Game period...

I mean most games I buy will keep their value for some time... incase for trade or resale value...

but I have seen sport game only 6 month old, you can get for under $5.00 new...

I use to hate FPS, cause it made me really dizzy when playing... but Halo 2 changed all that... Now I'm playing Halo 2 along with Doom 3 & waiting for Half-Life 2 for xbox....

I cant get into any RPGs. Most are way too complex for me. I enjoyed FFVII and Kingdim Hearts but I cant stand 95% of RPGs.

FPS's (Halo? Never even seen it, don't want to - though I do like Metroid Prime, which I hear is similar), fighting games (these are what killed going to the arcade for me during college in the late 80's - all the games became fighting games), most sports (though I do like NCAA Football and NBA street, and all the wacky Mario variants), Horror/Mature games (will try Shadow Hearts though soon, but I guess that's more an RPG), online games, rhythm/music/dance games, and, uh, I guess that about covers it :D.

What DO I like? Most Nintendo games (Mario, Pikmin, etc), RPG's (just getting into these on the console side with Tales of Symphonia and my new PS2), some racing (though mostly I've just played Burnout and PSP Ridge Racer and Wipeout - haven't tried GT4 yet), Rogue Squadron (and similar like Starfox Assault), platformers (though I am getting tired of these after all the Nintendo ones + Pac-Man World 2 + Pitfall + 1/2 way through the Jak games).

I really don't like RPGs. I try to get into them but I just don't see the appeal... I guess I like a little more action... I'm also not a big fan of the kart racer genre but I can get into it with friends around...

MMORPG and RPG's I tried to like them but no way I can do.

I used not like much FPS but now I do like them more since I kinda forced myself and now I love it. Halo, Halo 2, and Doom 3, next Half-Life

My main dislikes
1) Sports
2) Sims(like The Sims)
3) MMOs
My only objection with MMOs is that they absorb your life.

Secondary dislikes would be,
1) games that force you to sneak(Tom Clancy),
2) hack and slash diablo-ish games.
3) Most platformers/3d action (Jak, Ratchet and Clank)
4) RTS

Its good to not like a lot of games, I still dont have enough time to play just a handful of games, I wouldnt want to be overwhelmed by liking everything.

[quote name='javeryh']I really don't like RPGs. I try to get into them but I just don't see the appeal... I guess I like a little more action... I'm also not a big fan of the kart racer genre but I can get into it with friends around...[/QUOTE]

kart racing? there are only a handful of titles even in the genre

mario kart, chocobo racing, maybe that one bandicoot game?

Survival Horror Games...I've tried playing many of the RE games, and just don't like them.

FPS's to some extent.

I've never played any MMORPGs, but I would imagine that they would be cool. Like an RPG, but the world is composed of real people and the world is dynamic.

People that don't like them, what's wrong with them?

Platform action games
However I absolutely love the Ratchet and Clank series and Metal Arms( not really a platformer though)
I also have Jak and Daxter but haven't started playing them yet, so I might like that series too.

bread's done
Back