what game to get?

sportsmaniac095

CAG Veteran
going to get a ps3 in like 30 minutes an want to get a game with it. I was thinking of getting skate or unreal tournament for 19.99 and maybe mercenaries 2. Also should i return madden 08 (got it for 12 dollars) and use the money toward a ps3 gam? thanks!

I really liked Unreal Tournament III. I'd recommend the Darkness, it's cheap and it's good as well. Resistance would be another good title, and the sequel is out soon.

I'm biased but I second ut3. If you do get it come join us for ut3 night. The public scene of ut3 night is a little on the low side.

Here are the eleven games I own for the PS3 and a quick opinion:

The Darkness: Cheap, enjoyable, nothing stellar but I had a good time with it. Looks like a FPS but it really isnt.

Ratchet and Clank FToD: This sucked my life away. I highly recommend it.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Came with my ps3, MGS3 is still on my backlog so I haven't gotten to it it yet.

Condemned 2: Enjoyable, but it has some clunky and frustrating combat.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: It doesn't exactly scream next gen game, but it is a fun button smasher if you can find it cheap. lacks the extras of the platinum version on the 360 though.

Devil May Cry 4: Next game on my list to play. I've only done the install on it.

Assassins Creed: I started it up but got bored and went on to a different game. I plan on giving it some better attention in the near future.

Grand Theft Auto 4: I live with women, I'm waiting on getting a HDTV so I can play it in private because I know one of them will walk into the living room the second I have to go to a strip club in it.

Dark Sector: It just recently arrived in the mail. Enjoyed the demo but I haven't even opened it yet.

FEAR: Looks like ass compared to the 360 and PC versions, has a few minor (to me at least bugs). But I still enjoyed this game a lot.

Resistance Fall of Man: I initially didn't want to get this game after not being thrilled by the demo. I picked it up anyways when it dropped to 29.99, currently playing it and really enjoying it.

Depends on what genre you want, if you want a shooter check out Warhawk (be warned, online only) or COD 4 (assuming you don't have a 360). MGS 4 is great, but I'd imagine it will go on sale during the holidays if you can wait.

I'd recommend looking at some downloadable games, Pixeljunk monsters and eden, bionic commando, ratchet and clank, super stardust, and tekken are all good games, and you can share them for 1/5th the cost (check out that thread) which makes them excellent deals (all of them together would be under $20 if you share them all).

[quote name='sportsmaniac095']going to get a ps3 in like 30 minutes an want to get a game with it. I was thinking of getting skate or unreal tournament for 19.99 and maybe mercenaries 2. Also should i return madden 08 (got it for 12 dollars) and use the money toward a ps3 gam? thanks![/quote]

Football is football is football is football. To me, they don't change enough about the game on a year to year basis for it to be worth it. Of course, my opinion could also be this way because I watch maybe 10 minutes of football a year anymore and that's usually during the Super Bowl and only usually towards half time.

Mercenaries 2 has supposedly TONS of bugs, though I haven't gone out and specifically went looking for them, there's tons of videos of them on YouTube.

Grand Theft Auto IV is the first game(and the only game I seem to be playing, even though I own Mercs 2)I bought for my PS3. It's fun as can be and it's only about $34.99 used from Blockbuster. For $35, you can't go wrong, since the online play alone will get you more than that in value.

I also own Godfather: Don's Edition for the PS3. I played the PS2 and Xbox versions prior. It's a sandbox type game where you take over mob turf bit by bit. For an EA developed/published game, it's solid and ALOT of fun.

Assassin's Creed is a game I don't currently OWN, but I do intend on buying sometime. It's $24.99 almost universally(USED) at most places(Gamestop, Circuit City if you store is selling used games) and well worth it from what I've seen thus far.

If you want to get some really cheap games, I'd suggest to check out the Kmart, Target and Toys R' Us threads, since I've nabbed games from all of those stores before for WAYYYY under $59.99. It's the ONLY way to buy games really.

I will get madden in a few years but all I need right now is GTA 4 and MgS4. I plan on getting call of duty 4, ninga gaiden sigma, soul caliber 4, the new resistance, Ratchet and Clank, and probably the new call of duty. Although I will probably only pay full price for resistance 2 unless i get it for my B day on 11/12.
If your looking for a cheapy I here burnout paradise is really good.

It all depends what you like. Do you have a 360 already?

R&C was really fun
Drake is a solid choice
GTA4, MGS4
Madden 09 is good
NHL 09 is a GREAT game (at least the demo ruled)

bread's done
Back