What game would you like to see on the Virtual Console?

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
N64 - Bangai-o
screen05.jpg

For me, this game was Treasure's finest hour. You control a ship, which is slowly drifting down due to gravity. You have two weapons, a geometric laser, that bounces off walls, and homing missiles which you can toggle between. Using those two weapons, you basically blow the shit out of everything in 44 levels.

Also, included is a bomb; its power is directly related to the amount of enemy fire in the air. Wait until theres a swarm of missiles and fire around you, and discharge, sending the screen into one large orgasmic firework combo.

[quote name='bordjon']uniracers![/QUOTE]

That was a very simple, yet deep game. I remember trying to do loops to get the extra bit of speed to cross the finish line before my buddies.

1. Startropics- A really awesome game that has Zelda like dungeons and well is 10x better than any nes Zelda IMO.

2. Donkey Kong Country 2,3 (basically any nintendo game they haven't released yet)...

3. Street Fighter II (the one with all 16 characters not 8).

4. Any Square RPG

5. Streets of Rage 2,3

[quote name='Duncanzits']Illusion of Gaia
Here's to hoping :([/QUOTE]

Published by Nintendo so it has a 100% chance of showing up.

Most of this thread so far is games that will come in due time :rofl:

I guess I'll go out on a limb and say that I'd like some of the more obscure NES games to show up... Shatterhand, Power Blade, Jackal.

[quote name='Roufuss']
I guess I'll go out on a limb and say that I'd like some of the more obscure NES games to show up... Shatterhand, Power Blade, Jackal.[/QUOTE]

Problem for me is with these prices I'm not going to buy any obscure games I've never played.

The prices aren't very friendly for impulse buys of random games. Pretty much limit me to just buying the classics I know and love, and not even as many of them as I'd like.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Problem for me is with these prices I'm not going to buy any obscure games I've never played.

The prices aren't very friendly for impulse buys of random games. Pretty much limit me to just buying the classics I know and love, and not even as many of them as I'd like.[/QUOTE]

lol... these prices?

Even if you bought these games for a dollar on Ebay, after shipping you're paying $5 anyways. The VC isn't expensive at all (at least for NES). For NES games, the price is just perfect, since many people's alternative is Ebay. I think the Genesis is overpriced by about $2, though.

Plus... it's pretty easy to "sample" these games, if you know what I mean ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']lol... these prices?

Even if you bought these games for a dollar on Ebay, after shipping you're paying $5 anyways. The VC isn't expensive at all (at least for NES). For NES games, the price is just perfect, since many people's alternative is Ebay. I think the Genesis is overpriced by about $2, though.

Plus... it's pretty easy to "sample" these games, if you know what I mean ;)[/QUOTE]

That's the point, the prices are too much when I can just emulate them for free.

I'm willing to pay to for the luxury of playing them on my couch on and the TV (hate gaming on the PC as I set at a PC all day at work), but not so much at the current prices.

More like $2 NES, $3-5 SNES/Genesis/Tx16 (obscure games cheaper), $6-8 N64 games and I'd be willing to buy more.

$5 for NES isn't terrible I guess, but I just don't have much desire to play those crappy looking games for the most part as with few exceptions they just didn't age well. SNES/Genesis games on the other hand still look and play great.

Similarly for the 3D systems I don't have much desire to replay PSX/N64 games, but I'm sure the GC/PS2/X-box games will hold up years down the road.

Dragon Warrior IV
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Radiant Silvergun (i can dream...)
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (i can have wet dreams...)

I expect to see most of these on their at some point in time, well excluding the first one (Even though it is so fricken good (Im serious (Very Serious))).
NES:
Ducktails (its so awesome so dont act like its not)
Tetris
Dr. Mario
Contra
Bionic Commando.
M.U.L.E.
Bubble Bobble

Rock N Roll Racing (this is on the GBA too)
Shadowgate
Ikari Warriors II
Blades of Steel
EVO
Illusion of Gaia
Killer Instinct
Chrono Trigger
Jackal
Joe & Mac
Turok: Rage Wars
Battletoads (Any iteration, preferably SNES) Rare..arghh
RC Pro Am...Rare..arghh
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Edition
Clayfighter
Rad Racer
Super Off Road
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Final Fight
Super Ghouls N Ghost

[quote name='strayfoxx']
Battletoads (Any iteration, preferably SNES) Rare..arghh
[/QUOTE]

This just can't happen, unfortunately, because of the license. Rare has admitted itself that it has no idea what the deal there is.

I would love...

GUNSMOKE!

being an old time puzzle game fan id like to see:
tetris attack (heck even pokemon puzzle league would be nice)
tetris
dr. mario

and for non puzzle, if sonic and knuckles combined with sonic 3 could be released it would be total awesomeness!

Over the next 4-5 years I'm sure the vast majority of us will have our wishes granted. 4-5 years, and 1-3 games per week = lots of games.

Right now, I just want Mario 2, 3, World, Yoshi's Island, Mario Party 1-3, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 64.

I kind of wish they'd make the Game Boy one of the available platforms as there's some games I'd pick up in an instant (Wario Land, Kirby's Dream Land)-- maybe they'd be downloadable for the DS later on?

Anyway... other than that, I'd like to see:
Donkey Kong Country
Tetris Attack
anything by Square (Chrono Trigger most of all)
Harvest Moon
Sonic 2
Adventures of Lolo
Aladdin (Genesis)
Actraiser

*cracks knuckles*

NES
Bubble Bobble, River City Ransom, Duck Hunt, Zelda II, MANIAC MANSION *ahem*, Paperboy, Rampage, TMNT, any of the gameshow/board game types

And Dirty Harry: The War Against Drugs... why? Because I just saw it on Wikipedia... and I'm LMAO thinking about Clint Eastwood saying "Just say no"...

Those are mostly ones I have fond memories of... I had NES and SNES, but my parents never really got many games for them... later I had N64 but only ever played Mario Kart and Mario Party on that. Really I'm interested in seeing any quality titles... since it will be the first time around for me on most of them.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness for the N64. I had a lot of fun with that game...although it did have tons of issues...but I still loved it.

Arcana. I love that game, and HAL made it (so if Earthbound has a chance, so does Arcana-oh, and by the way, VotesForEarthbound++) Because it's an old RPG, somewhat difficult, and is pretty much on rails, people will complain about it. I don't care, though, because I thought it was fun.

Other stuff:

Earthbound Zero/Mother (I wonder if this is part of the holdup on getting Earthbound? Wouldn't be necessary to have, but I'd like to play an actual version)
Tetris Attack
Super Scope games (for when the light gun attachment releases)
Sega Menacer 6-in-1 (ditto, and it has a Toe Jam and Earl game too. Not only that, but the breakout-type game they released would be perfect for the Wii remote, since its original incarnation just had you pointing the gun at the screen anyway. The games are quirky and fun...perfect for Wii)

And this will never happen, but since it's a dream topic: Star Fox Weekend with Internet rankings.

Killer Instinct, Killer Instinct Gold, Turok, Turok 2, Donkey Kong Country, StarFox 64, Super Mario World, GoldenEye 007, etc.

Do we know if we'll ever be able to play VC games online? I would love an online Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES.

But even offline, I'll take

Tecmo Super Bowl
Bubble Bobble (NES version, all the GBA games emulate the arcade version)
Earthbound (I'd like to see what the fuss is about)
Super Smash Bros.

bread's done
Back