What games do you have Pre-ordered??

yashiroae86

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hmm All EB/GS thinks about aside from getting you to buy a discount card is getting you to pre-order a GAME!!! so i work at an EB and i have a few things pre-ordered.....so out with it guys and gals!!! What do you have pre-ordered??

Yakuza - PS2
Okami - PS2
Megaman ZX - DS
SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters - DS
Castlevania - DS
Black DS Lite

Not anything now, but waiting to see whats going to happen with the Wii. It will be my first pre-order since Zelda: Wind Wakers.

I haven't preorded anything since the PSP was released...

It was 10x more fun that it should have been because it came with a charge on the battery and I was able to play it in fron tof all the sorry bastards who didn't get one... :)

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - GC
Super Paper Mario - GC
Final Fantasy XII Collector's Ed. - PS2
Trauma Center 2nd Opinion - Wii
Red Steel - Wii
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 - 360
Gears of War - 360
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - DS

And I think I have more than that as well, I just can't remember off the top of my head. At least I'm close to paying all of them off.

Final Fantasy XII. No point to preorder something unless it's a special edition (who knows if this one will really be worth the extra) or comes with something you want. I tried to preorder that MGS: Subsistence one and didn't get it, although I got the Saga disc, but this is the first thing I've preorded for full price in several years.

FFXII:CE
PSU

That's it. Oh, wait, I have a Gears of War pre-order at Rhino, but that's mainly because I was doing a 2-for-1 and they by some miracle had a preorder for something I wanted, so I took it. ;)

ffxii collectors, i never really pre-order..last preorder i made before this was fatal frame 2..not because i knew itd sell out...but because i knew i wanted it and i wanted to put some cash down before id wind up paying for it

[quote name='dberuvides']Playstation 3 once they start[/quote].
The graphics on Warhawk blow away anything I've seen on 360.

[quote name='keithp']Nothing. That would mean I'd have to pay full price and it goes against my CAG-ness.[/quote]

:applause: At least someone gets it... although I MIGHT have to pre-order Twilight Princess... maybe.

[quote name='keithp']Nothing. That would mean I'd have to pay full price and it goes against my CAG-ness.[/QUOTE]

I completly agree, I only pre-order things that have trade-in deals and I really want them. There haven't been any of those in a long time, so nothing. I haven't payed full price for a game (including those that launched for $20-$30) in over 5 years.

Twilight Princess - GC
NHL 07 - 360
Gears of War
Mass Effect

I'll probably put some money down on Phantasy Star Universe before it hits.

I haven't pre-ordered anything yet, mostly because I'm still clueless as to what the launch day procedure will be for Wii items. If I can find a retailer that promises to do a voucher system for people in line on launch day, I'll forget about pre-ordering and go there. Otherwise, not sure what I'll do.

I usually pre-order the NBA 2K series, just to be careful...but last year I didn't and grabbed it with NO problems the morning it was released. I figure I'll just do the same this year instead of pre-ordering.

Last games I preordered were Marvel nemensis and XML II at Best Buy, and that was only because you get extra reward zone points since I was gonna get them on release anyway.
I don't preorder or get anything new from Gamestop because I don't like that the return policy on new stuff is 7 days.

Gears of War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Halo 3

I'm going to preorder Splinter Cell: Double Agent fairly soon.

I'll preorder a Wii, whenever those are offered.

EB
Dragon Quest Heroes (DS)
Contact (DS)
Children of Mana (DS)
Lunar Knights (DS)
Death Jr. (DS)
Zelda: PH (DS)
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii)
Trauma Center (Wii)
Red Steel (Wii)
Madden 07 (Wii)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Wii)

GR
Zelda: TP (GC)
Starfox Command (DS) - haven't picked it up yet
Mario Hoops (DS)
Contact (DS)
Magical Starsign (DS)
Children of Mana (DS)
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Yoshi's Island 2 (DS)
Castlevania: PoR (DS)

Overstock
Lego Star Wars II (GC)
Cooking Mama (DS)

For all you anti-preorderers out there, all of the items listed above are reserved at less than half cash value. i.e. a $30 preorder cost me around $10 at EB and about $15 at GR. Thank you EB and GR trade-in deals and the Overstock coupon!

[quote name='botticus']
For all you anti-preorderers out there, all of the items listed above are reserved at less than half cash value. i.e. a $30 preorder cost me around $10 at EB and about $15 at GR. Thank you EB and GR trade-in deals and the Overstock coupon![/QUOTE]

The fact that you got the credit with less cash doesn't change the fact that you're spending $50 in credit on a lot of games. You could easily wait a little while and get them for cheaper at EB and GR (though I have no problem with your OS pre-orders).

I don't usually pre-order anything. Last things I did were Donkey Konga and Warioware Touched I believe. If I want to buy something new usually I'll wait for the ads to see if it's gonna be on sale (like Madden 07 on the 360 for $48).

FFXII Collector's Edition
FFXII Limited Edition guide

And I am thinking of pre-ordering Metal Gear Portable Ops so I can get that sweet MG PSP case

I preorder lots of shit. I'm in pretty good with the EB where I shop, so I figure helping them out with preorders from crap I'm likely to buy anyway doesn't hurt.

Current list (I think):

Mass Effect
Lost Planet
Lego Star Wars
Final Fantasy 12 CE (with Limited Guide)
Zelda, Phantom Hourglass
Castlevania, PoR
Final Fantasy 3
Zelda, TWP (Wii)

There's probably more, I just can't remember what else is on it.

TBW

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The fact that you got the credit with less cash doesn't change the fact that you're spending $50 in credit on a lot of games. You could easily wait a little while and get them for cheaper at EB and GR (though I have no problem with your OS pre-orders).[/quote] So, for example, if I had preordered Advance Wars DS at EB when it came out (I didn't, since I didn't have a DS at the time) for $30 or $35 (actual cost of $10-$12), whatever it was, that would have been foolish, because I could have waited till some indeterminate time in the future to get it cheaper (since it's still full price), or been one of the 1% of people to get it at CC's clearance?

I have tended to avoid getting console games for full price even with cheap store credit, because they will always get cheaper (though first-party Nintendo games will take exponentially longer, and in my list above, I will need something to play when the Wii comes out ;)), but any worthwhile handheld game takes ages to drop universally, and I'd rather not rely on my bad luck with clearances.

Why is this thread in the OT forum, anyway? :D

[quote name='Brak']Gears of War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Halo 3

I'm going to preorder Splinter Cell: Double Agent fairly soon.

I'll preorder a Wii, whenever those are offered.[/quote]

Pre-ordering games that are over a year away (Halo 3, GTA 4) seems a little excessive.

Phoenix Wright 2, Okami, and Yakuza.

I hope PW2 doesn't end up like the first one and gets reissued every now and then with limited quantities, so I went ahead and already put down $5 for it.

I preordered Okami for the art board, and Yakuza for the demo.

[quote name='dberuvides']Pre-ordering games that are over a year away (Halo 3, GTA 4) seems a little excessive.[/QUOTE]
Why? I'm guaranteed to get them, so I don't have to wait in line at Best Buy like a jerk off.

But it was fashionable to preorder The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess two years in advance.

[quote name='Brak']Why? I'm guaranteed to get them, so I don't have to wait in line at Best Buy like a jerk off.
[/QUOTE]

What line? I've bought almost every new game at Best Buy or Circuit City in the last three years and I don't remember there being any lines, or games selling out, or anything else. In fact, the local Best Buy gets games in BEFORE EB / GS. Best Buy will have a new release out by 11 am, EB / GS around here gets it in by about 2 or 3 pm, and the lines go alot quicker because the employees aren't chatting with each customer for 5 minutes about Halo 3 or FFXII or whatever.

I only have FFXII 12 + the LE guide preordered, but I'm thinking of cancelling it since it dosen't look to be too rare. IMO, preordering is stupid, because everything is cheaper at a store that's NOT EB / GS. I'll wait a day (sometimes I won't even have to) to throw down a GGC for $5 off a new release.

The best part is getting a game at Best Buy like Xenosaga 3, seeing Circuit City has it on sale a week after for $29.99, and getting my money back. If I got it at EB / GS I'm pretty much screwed. Also they don't ask 800 questions like EB / GS do when I try to return something.

Actually, I take it back, the only time I preorder is when I can amass the credit with my shit games through the Trade 3 get $10 extra deals.

I don't preorder at all anymore. The EBGames near my house has an awful habit of hiding people's preorder bonuses in the back and only giving them out if you absolutely push for them. Sure enough 90 days after the game comes out the staff/staff's friends score all the schwag. Whoever the lead buyer is at the Best Buy up here has good taste and knows enough to stock the hot shit (plenty of Phoenix Wrights, Castlevanias, Disgaea 2, DDS, DDR:Mario, etc.). I never have a hard time finding what I want there.

I'll probably preorder a Wii and some games at the local Best Buy just so I can walk in and pick it up on launch day without any hassles. Buh...this box is unique as the one where I come from originally (NH) is pretty shite.

Right now, I have these games on pre-order:

Supreme Commander (PC)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN) (probably switching to WII version)
Powerstone Collection (PSP)
Spectral Souls (PSP)
Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion (WII) (Will probably switch to SSB:B)
Tales of the Abyss (PS2)

A bit excessive by my standards, but I'm still building my PSP library, and I'll need some games for the WII when it gets released. I'll probably wait for all of the other "big" releases until they drop to $30-40.

I haven't preordered in years until last month. I've got FF XII CE preordered at EB and Valkyrie Profile 2 preordered at Overstock because I got $20 off.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']I haven't pre-ordered anything yet, mostly because I'm still clueless as to what the launch day procedure will be for Wii items. If I can find a retailer that promises to do a voucher system for people in line on launch day, I'll forget about pre-ordering and go there. Otherwise, not sure what I'll do.

I usually pre-order the NBA 2K series, just to be careful...but last year I didn't and grabbed it with NO problems the morning it was released. I figure I'll just do the same this year instead of pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

Nadine fan? Nice!!

Um... I'm interested in FFXII:CE but other than that, maybe a Wii if they even have pre orders!

Hmm... well I don't preorder games that aren't limited unless there's a deal of some sort because, well... it's pointless. You miss out on a potential deal by preordering at a place like EB or Gamestop and it's not like there's some greedy bastard waiting to steal that last copy of some random game from every single Best Buy and Circuit City. Anyway, what I do have preordered is:

Final Fantasy XII CE - Gotta get that CE...
Tales of the Abyss - $20
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria - $30

With pretty much everything else that I'll buy when it initially comes out, I'll just PM the Fry's ad since that guarantees that I save between $5-15 when the game initially comes out. When the Wii and PS3 preorders are finally available, I'll definitely preorder the Wii and maybe the PS3 if there's anything really great coming out at launch (aka: DMC 4... so it's doubtful.)

This is what I have left:

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Triology with Bonus (360)
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2)
Baten Kaitos Origins (GC)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

I had most of the big summer releases preordered too (Xenosaga 3, Final Fantasy VII: DOC, Dead Rising)

[quote name='botticus']EB
Dragon Quest Heroes (DS)
Contact (DS)
Children of Mana (DS)
Lunar Knights (DS)
Death Jr. (DS)
Zelda: PH (DS)
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii)
Trauma Center (Wii)
Red Steel (Wii)
Madden 07 (Wii)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Wii)

GR
Zelda: TP (GC)
Starfox Command (DS) - haven't picked it up yet
Mario Hoops (DS)
Contact (DS)
Magical Starsign (DS)
Children of Mana (DS)
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Yoshi's Island 2 (DS)
Castlevania: PoR (DS)

Overstock
Lego Star Wars II (GC)
Cooking Mama (DS)
[/quote] Add Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 to the EB list!

[quote name='Yumemiru Hito']Cooking Mama. I'd preorder others, but think I can pretty easily walk into a store and get most of what I want.[/QUOTE]

Cheaper, too.

It would be different if EB / GS price matched, I'd preorder alot more stuff there, but when BB / CC consistently beat them by $5 - $10 dollars on new releases I don't see the point to it.

BB / CC get in more copies of games than any of the EB / GS's too... local Best Buy had about 12 copies of Disgaea 2, I think the local EB got in 5 or some shit. Same with Xenosaga 3... BB had roughly 30 copies, one EB I went to only received 6.

bread's done
Back