what games do you regret trading

avalone

CAG Veteran
for me it's rapsodia AKA Suikoden tactics & Xenosaga Episode III & Now If I Want Them Back i'm Going To Be Broke

Loooong ago, I needed money for College, and I sold a buttload of NES games to this girl I was dating, they were for her little brother. Some of the choicer titles she grabbed were Final Fantasy, Super Dodgeball, River City Ransom, etc... Ive gotten most of those titles back since then, but I still dont have Super Dodgeball! =(

-DodgeBall for my NES and GBA
-Spellcaster for my Sega Master System
-Dark Wizard for Sega CD
-Dragon Force & Guardian Heros Sega Saturn
-Ikagura for Dreamcast & Gamecube
-Star Ocean for my PS

I needed those high eBay bucks for a car :(

I still have Vay. It wasn't Working Designs great RPG. Too damn hard and the battles were so non animated compared to their other games.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Street Fighter Collection for PS1. Worst. Decision. Ever.[/quote]

Ouch. I can't recall all the juicy games I traded, I think I blocked out the memory of that incident. Only one time, but that was enough to make me thoroughly regret it.

Bought final fantasy II w/box for $10 at a resale shop a few years ago. Traded it for some garbage. Man, that was a horrible decision!!!

Shining force 3 sega saturn complete mint didnt have a scratch on the disk also Marvel vs capcom 2 for xbox/ dreamcast I keep my stuff mint and if I could go back in time to see myself sell those again I would have punched myself in the face and took my games so they wouldnt be sold.

All of my Sega CD and Sega Saturn games, especially Snatcher, Dark Wizard, Lunar: The Silver Star, Astal, Shining Force CD, Guardian Heroes, and Clockwork Knight 1 & 2. Hopefully by the end of this generation or the next generation of consoles, they'll have viable console emulations of these.

Someone mentioned Vay earlier; I thought it was a total letdown from Lunar but to each his own I guess.

All were complete and mint... :cry:

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Valkyrie Profile (PS1)
Star Ocean: The Second Story (PS1)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Ogre Battle 64 (N64)

[quote name='willardhaven']Okage Shadow King[/QUOTE]
oh man, i feel your pain... wait what? that game is horrendous. I happily traded that game in for a dollar. what makes you regret trading it?
i only ask cuz i've come across a cheap copy at my local EBgames.

A box filled with my Sega Genesis and dozens of games, my Sega Nomad, my N64 and several games.. among some other miscellaneous items. I was really desperate for money at the time.

Sad thing is, aside from the N64 and a few of it's games, I never got most of that back again.

This was something my mom did.

When I was in ... third grade, my mother traded in my Game Gear and all my games for it so she could get me Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, for my birthday. It was pretty lame that she took something away to give me a present.

Oh, and the worst part was that I already had LttP. C'est la vie.

Ugh, I'll probably get killed for this. (More so sold then traded) I'll try and point out the rare games I had for each system.

NES
2 NES II's with 4 dog bone controllers
A few original NES's
Countless random controllers
Over 300 carts including Dragon Warrior 3,4 Super Dodgeball, Maniac Mansion, Bubble Bobble.

Genesis
System with a bunch o' accessories.
over 60 games

SNES :(((
Original system with accessories
Over 100 complete games including. Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 2,3, Breath of Fire 1,2 Lufia 1,2, 7th Saga, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Super Punchout, Super Metroid, Aerobiz Supersonic, PTO...

Sega Nomad + Super Battery Pack

Sega Master System (Complete) with 5 games

Turbo Graphix 16 complete with Streets of Rage/Bonk/some ninja game that I forgot the name.. but was great.

Original Gameboy with over 20 complete games. Zelda/Mario Land 1,2/Metroid 2

Jaguar (complete) with Aliens vs Predator

N64 with over 60 complete games

Over 100 Xbox Games. Including Marvel vs Capcom 2/Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2

Virtual Boy with Mario Tennis

Donkey Kong Mini Arcade Game (The mini stand up)

Sega CD

Sega 32x (actually I don't miss this though)

Atari 2600 with 50 games

----

On the bright side I still have Xbox/Xbox 360/PS1/GBA/Dreamcast

Probably be selling all the GBA stuff soon though.

[quote name='Caliburn']All were complete and mint... :cry:

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Valkyrie Profile (PS1)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Ogre Battle 64 (N64)[/quote]

Did Ogre Battle 64(still have mine) have multiplte endings?

[quote name='Caliburn']All were complete and mint... :cry:

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Valkyrie Profile (PS1)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Ogre Battle 64 (N64)[/QUOTE]

Ha, what is crazy is I just sold all of those games and I don't regret it for a minute... all of mine were complete and mint too ;)

I already have FF and VP elsewhere, Star Ocean 2 is coming to PSP, and eventually the world will see ports / remakes / re-releases of CT and OB 64.

Hell, you could have bought them all again from me ;)

I've probably sold more rare games in the last year than most people in this thread have in their life time!

Needed the money for college / moving, and I figure i'll either stumble upon the stuff cart only, and we live in a world where everything old becomes new again so I'm not really sweating it.

If I busted out the list if everying I've sold this past year, there would probably be plenty of angry collectors ;) Almost every Square RPG complete and mint, almost every PS1 RPG, MGS 3 LE brand new, Samba De Amigo with maracas... actually, I had about 150 Dreamcast games that I sold.

I don't think I regret any of them... I can't even remember most of them =/

Well, maybe some of my Saturn games, like X-Men vs Street Fighter, but not enough to rebuy them.

Where to start...?

Last Blade kit, Samurai Shodown 2 kit, Blazing Star, Final Fantasy VII, Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, countless GBA, PS and PS2 games. :cry:

I sold a mint/complete black label FFVII only months before Advent Children hit for $22. Then, a week after AC hit, I sold an incomplete FFVII GH version (discs, manual with tons of missing pages, and the back insert) for $76. I was kicking myself for that one...

I also traded a sealed copy of Fire Emblem for Phoenix Wright only months before it was reprinted.

I guess I didn't really make bad trades/sales but my timing sure sucks ass.

my brother and i sold our atari 7800 for cheap in a yard sale so that we could buy a super nintendo (mom: "If you want to get ANOTHER video game system then you need to sell either your nintendo or atari"...tough choice).

I bought mario party 2 for n64 for .50 at a yard sale a year or so ago and sold it for $22 on ebay. Probably should have kept it.

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil Zero... maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. All for gamecube, all mint and non PC.

None, I rarely trade in or a sell a game and it has been a select few PS2, Dreamcast, GBA and GBC games that I have sold. If I have even the slightest thought I will want to play the game again, I will keep it.

One example is Marble Madness for GBC. It's a horrible port that is so choppy it is unplayable so I didn't think I would ever want to play it again. Same with THPS for GBC. It was $2.48 at TRU but it was horrible and I have superior THPS games on GBA to play.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']None, I rarely trade in or a sell a game and it has been a select few PS2, Dreamcast, GBA and GBC games that I have sold. If I have even the slightest thought I will want to play the game again, I will keep it.[/quote]

That's pretty much how I am now. If I think I'll want to play it sometime, I'll keep it.

But there is one game I regret selling, Super Mario RPG w/ guide. Sold it to a friend for $35 and a few months later, regret doing that. Now I'm searching for another copy.

Roufuss -- I knew you would start to regret selling your Saturn fighters sooner or later. Maybe if we can ever get a NYC CAG meet up, I'll bring my Saturn and we can throw down on XvSF.

[quote name='Moses144']I traded in Alundra 2 and Shadow Madness when I was a youngster. WHAT A FOOL I WAS!!![/quote]

How can you feel remorse for trading Shadow Madness? I paid ten bucks for that game and I'd be lucky if I could get a double cheeseburger at McDonalds for it.

i don't really regret anything.. the only thing i really truely regret is NOT buying earthbound when I could have..I mean when this sucker was new and in stores in 95 or 96 (i think it came out in that tail end year of the SNES) but I could have bought it with a guide.. I chose something else instead I don't remember.. years later.. I regret not getting into Suikoden... and I only recently recieved some classic PS1 era RPGs like Xenogears (which i've been wanting FOREVER) and Thousand Arms..

The only game I have really sold/traded.. was that Firefighter game.. I came across 6 sealed copies that i bought for 100 bucks and turned it into 700 bucks.. that was pretty neat.. although I kinda regret not keeping one for the collection.. I also regret not getting into Magic Online sooner..but thats the way it goes sometimes..

for all the deals i may have passed up.. sometimes amazing things happen.. like a few weeks ago when i got a in box (missing instructions otherwise complete) Super Mario RPG for 5 bucks.. also got.. Wild Arms, Thousand Arms, and something else I can't remember.. but also for 5 bucks each.. good day..

I also don't regret missing out on the whole Genny-Saturn.. theres not much there I would like playing anyways and whenever I try to play something on the Genny I just can't do it.. I'm about the same way with my NES.. SNES.. I don't think it'll ever get old heh..

In college I regreted that I had gotten rid of my Genesis and NES so I started rebuying things via eBay, what I had plus way more. Ended up with every Sega and Nintendo system ever made.

Now, in the past 8 months or so, I've sold almost everything, save for the choicest of GB/C/A games, DS games, and some stuff that will play on the Wii and 360. I still have the NES and Genesis not because of any great attachment to the systems or games (save for Mario 3 perhaps), but because they aren't worth a darn thing so it's easier just to keep them.

How much do I regret it? Zero.

[quote name='daroga']In college I regreted that I had gotten rid of my Genesis and NES so I started rebuying things via eBay, what I had plus way more. Ended up with every Sega and Nintendo system ever made.

Now, in the past 8 months or so, I've sold almost everything, save for the choicest of GB/C/A games, DS games, and some stuff that will play on the Wii and 360. I still have the NES and Genesis not because of any great attachment to the systems or games (save for Mario 3 perhaps), but because they aren't worth a darn thing so it's easier just to keep them.

How much do I regret it? Zero.[/quote]

I'm to the point that I am reducing too. It just isn't worth my time and money to collect everything in sight anymore. I'll still purchase games I really want, but I'm not going to buy just for the sake of buying anytime soon. I'm putting most of my disposible income in anime now because get a lot more enjoyment out of it than I used to with games.

[quote name='depascal22']Roufuss -- I knew you would start to regret selling your Saturn fighters sooner or later. Maybe if we can ever get a NYC CAG meet up, I'll bring my Saturn and we can throw down on XvSF.[/QUOTE]

I don't really regret it, because I never really want to go back and play them over anything else I currently have, and I never would have gotten around to hooking up the Saturn again.

Plus, besides the Vs games, I have all the fighters on my PS2 that I did on my Saturn, and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 scratches the Vs itch nicely ;)

I'm about ready to dump the rest of my collection, I think the only games I'm saving is my Mario's on NES because Mario 1 was my first game, and any game that doesn't even get 99 cents on Ebay even though it's complete, like Top Gun. It's not worth the hassle of shipping to *maybe* get a dollar, because there are plenty for 99 cents that didn't sell, and I don't feel like doing another lot for them.

Like Daroga, I don't really regret or miss anything, I thought I would, but I hadn't honestly thought of those Saturn games since I posted that since I just read this post :lol:

[quote name='depascal22']Roufuss -- I knew you would start to regret selling your Saturn fighters sooner or later. Maybe if we can ever get a NYC CAG meet up, I'll bring my Saturn and we can throw down on XvSF.[/quote]
Hmm...I'd have to drive up for that with my Modded Saturn and Vampire Savior, and mop you guys up.

As for the games I regret selling/trading - Burning Rangers for the Saturn, Alundra 1 & 2, Suikoden 1, and a few others, maybe Dragon Force.

I used to work at a video game exchange store and then EB for several years in the mid-late 90's, so I had so much gaming shit. I've had multiple copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga Radiant Silvergun, all the Final Fantasy games and SNES RPGs...I still have my NES II with 2 dogbones and a bunch of games (golgo 13 complete in box FTW! and Super Dodgeball complete for both NES and GBA!), SNES II, and a bunch of stuff.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Does throwing away a C64/128 computer and a ton of games count?[/QUOTE]
I'd say it depends on whether or not it was functional.

Personally, I've made a total of maybe three trade-ins in my life, and they were almost all games bought specifically for that purpose (maybe two titles from the TRU 90% off clearance about two years ago, and a copy of King of Fighters Maximum Impact that I found on clearance at a Meijers).

The only trade-in I've made that doesn't fall into that category was a copy of the GBA version of Herbie Fully Loaded that I got for free. Something tells me I won't regret that one. :)

I've still got everything else - all of the PC games I played in elementary school, my broken Atari 2600, and who knows how many NES, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, GB/GBC/GBA, and GameCube games. :D

[quote name='daroga']In college I regreted that I had gotten rid of my Genesis and NES so I started rebuying things via eBay, what I had plus way more. Ended up with every Sega and Nintendo system ever made.

How much do I regret it? Zero.[/quote]

Well, with the Wii, you don't need all those old systems now. You can just download the games you really love.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast. Got $19 for it. It had everything and the discs were flawless.:cry:

Also a complete Paper Mario. I realize after I sold it that I loved that game.

bread's done
Back