What games have you played all the way through more than twice?

Archaic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
More than once indicates that you're fond of a game (or that it's a short, arcade-like experience, like a fighting game) but playing through it more than twice (especially for adults) means it is truly a great game to you.

So what games IN THE CURRENT GENERATION have you played through more than twice?

For me, it'd be...

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Halo 1
Amplitude
Beyond Good and Evil
Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

And many misc. fighting games (SF2:Anniversary, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken Tag, etc.)

Wow, not too many, actually.

[quote name='Archaic']More than once indicates that you're fond of a game (or that it's a short, arcade-like experience, like a fighting game) but playing through it more than twice (especially for adults) means it is truly a great game to you.

So what games IN THE CURRENT GENERATION have you played through more than twice?

For me, it'd be...

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Buffy the Vampire Slayer :)-s )
Halo 1
Amplitude
Beyond Good and Evil
Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

And many misc. fighting games (SF2:Anniversary, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken Tag, etc.)

Wow, not too many, actually.[/quote]

pokemon blue
pokemon yellow
pokemon silver
pokemon tcg

yea, i beat all those games more than once when i was younger...don't remember any recent games i've beaten more than once

We have similar tastes in games Archaic. I played through Sands of Time as well as Halo 1 and 2 about twice each. I also played through Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Street Fighter AC, Soul Calibur 2 and D&D heroes.

Max Payne
Metal Gear 1, 2, 3
Halo
No One Lives Forever 2
Resident Evil
Onimusha: Warlords

If DC counts I also beat Shenmue twice.

Mafia (PC though, not the console port, too many times to count)
Super Mario Sunshine (4-5 times through)
Katamari Damacy (twice)
Zelda Wind Waker (twice)

I believe that's it for the current gen.

EDIT: Forgot about 'The Longest Journey' - one of the best adventure games on the PC. (played through too many times to count).

On this generation:

Gamecube:

Resident Evil Remake
Eternal Darkness
Madden 2002 (I consider seasons in franchise mode a playthrough)

Playstation 2:

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA VC
GTA 3 (nearly all the way)

XBOX:

Madden 2004
Madden 2005
Red Dead Revolver
Rocky Legends
Freedom Fighters

I can't really remember playing games more then twice finish 2 end, beside fighting games... but I did played Resident Evil 2 on PS1 like almost 10 times through...

because I wanted to beat it faster & faster...

If we're including PC games (which I didn't intend originally), my list is a bit longer.

For RECENT PC games (i.e. last 4 years) I've played...

Civ 3
Pirates (the new one)
Freedom Force
Max Payne
Call of Duty
Freedom Fighters
Baldur's Gate 2 (actually, this may be older)

It's cool that so many of you have mentioned titles that I love (i.e. Ratchet and Clank and Max Payne).

For a game to be so replayable, I think it's gotta be more than just a great game. It needs to have that 'pick up and play' aspect, where I can enjoy it for 30 minutes to an hour before dinner or whatever...

I love Kingdom Under Fire, for instance, but because it insists that you play it for hours at a time, I doubt I'll ever beat it even once.

I think the only game I've played through more then once besides fighting games and other games with really short single player modes that you have to play many times to unlock stuff is Baldur's Gate 2 for the PC.

None that I can think of. I usually make the first time count. :) I beat a lot of games and then start to play through a second time but peter out after a few more hours and move onto something new. Just too much stuff on tap to replay stuff.

Now, older generation is another story, but I won't go off topic. :cool:

Halo 1 & 2
Eternal Darkness
KOTOR 1
Baldurs Gate 1 & 2
GTA 3
Xmen Vs Street Fighter
Marvel Vs Capcom 1 & 2
Starcraft
Warcraft 2
Diablo 1 & 2
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Project Gotham 2
SSX Tricky & SSX 3
NBA Street 2
Blood Omen 2

Think that's it.

halo1
halo2
Luigis Mansion
Wakeboarding Unleashed
The Punisher
Half Life2
Max Payne
Chronicles of Riddick
Devil May Cry

Resident Evil 2

I beat that game Six times to unlock all the extra modes and weapons.
Hunt, Tofu, Infinity Ammo, Costumes.

That used to be my Favorite RE game but now I'm playing RE4 and this could be my favorite game of all time so far it is fantastic and I could see myself playing this one again! Currently on Chapter 3-2.

Halo 1
FF3
FF7
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
MGS
MGS 2
Resident Evil 2
NFL 2K5
Katamari Damacy
Zelda: WW
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: LttP

Devil May Cry 1 3 times
Bloodrayne 2 times
Max Payne 4 times
Max Payne 2 4 times
Freedom Fighters 2 times
Jak 1 3 times
Splinter Cell 2 times
Splinter Cell: PT 2 times
Maximo and the Army of Zin 2 times
Viewtiful Joe 1 2 times
Dead or Alive 3 numerous
Soul Calibur numerous
Soul Calibur 2 numerous
Street Fighter numerous
Mortal Kombat numerous
Tekken numerous
Parappa the Rappa 1 3 times
Parappa the Rappa 2 2 times
Red Dead Revolver 2 times

I don't think I've played through a single game of the current gen more than twice.

Splinter Cell (Xbox) is the only game I can remember playing through twice even. (And I didn't actually finish it my 2nd time through.)

In total - way too many to list. This generation - Prince of Persia: SoT and Metroid Prime... oh and Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 about a million times each...

Well, I went ahead and just listed things I beaten on the current consoles. There is way too many to list from the beginning of my gaming until now.

FFX almost twice I was about 3/4th's of the way through on my second game when I accidentally corrupted my save data. Oh well. Halo 1 also.

bread's done
Back