What games should I get for Christmas?

necrojustice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
My girlfriend is buying me 2 games for Christmas.
One slot is reserved for Gears 2.

I have all the current consoles.

Some other games I am interested in:
Call of Duty: World at War
Saints Row 2
Mirror's Edge

I've already played:
Dead Space
Fable II
Fallout 3
LBP

What do you guys suggest and why?

As bad as it is, I always think of gifts in terms of opportunity cost. I generally try to pick things that I don't expect to go down in price much in the future (like game hardware, controllers, limited editions, etc), or I pick gifts that are universally cheap and I would buy them myself at that price . Since I wouldn't buy most games at full price, I don't generally ask for full price games, when I could ask for multiple cheap games. Most of the people shopping for me aren't cheapassgamers like me, so they are probably going to buy gifts at full price regardless of what I ask for.

Well, that probably didn't help you at all. I would tell her all three choices and let her surprise you with the second game, since you already have gears 2 set as one choice.

Yeah I agree with pimpinc333 since games like that usually don't last very long, and are just there for the story.

[quote name='necrojustice']Any thoughts on Resistance 2. I didn't care much for the first one but if it has gotten better I could consider that too.[/quote]

Single player is awful, and Multiplayer has connection problems.

[quote name='Chacrana']None of those. And Saint's Row is GTA for Mexicans.[/quote]

I don't know what that's supposed to even mean. But if it means what I think it means, I wouldn't agree. There's plenty of appeal to Saint's Row that GTA does not have and vice versa. Art style, gameplay, and tone are completely different, and not necessarily for the worse. I've played through both series and like them for the qualities they each bring to the table.

Saints Row is the best alternative title he has on his list and a good supplement to Gears. I'm using his choices to make a judgment call.

Based on his game choices, he might not like Persona 4. Not everyone loves JRPGs. I'd never throw that suggestion into the mix without knowing that first, considering the hatred that some people seem to share for them.

[quote name='Chacrana']None of those. And Saint's Row is GTA for Mexicans.[/QUOTE]Then I guess I'm Mexican, which is weird because I'm also Scottish. You don't see a lot of Mexican-Scottish Americans.

But yeah, I'd highly recommend Saints Row 2. It's just a crazy amount of over the top fun. Lots of missions, plenty of activities and diversions, and as usual with this kind of game, a lot of fun can be had just wandering around wreaking random havoc and chaos.

Can't comment on the other games you listed because I haven't played them, but you can't go wrong with SR2.

bread's done
Back