What GAMING SITES do you Frequent?

Ronzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I was wondering what Video Gaming websites that other CAG's visit frequently
to get their breaking news & info(other than CAG of course)?

I check CAG, Kotaku, Destructoid, & Twitter for just about all my gaming
news. Is there any other websites you care to share?

This one is it for me.

I'm not into gaming enough these days to frequent any others. I'll occasionally check a review at gamespot or IGN for something I'm on the fence about.

• G4's "The Feed". They also have a TV network (G4TV), which is all about games (X-play) & a comedy show (Attack of the Show). G4TV also provides some normal TV like the show "Cops" & they showcase a weekly movie.

1. I prefer these guys, since "The Feed" has an iphone version.
  • IGN. It's the same thing as G4, but without a TV network. Although the website is alot better with the layout/design & it's news it delivers.

[quote name='dmaul1114']This one is it for me.

I'm not into gaming enough these days to frequent any others. I'll occasionally check a review at gamespot or IGN for something I'm on the fence about.[/QUOTE]

I actually do the exact same when I'm on the fence too. I'll hit up
Gamespot and check their review and then IGN. Usually will sway me one
way or the other if I should get it. :D

Forgot to mention gametrailers.com for all Gaming videos.

[quote name='blader16']
  • G4's "The Feed". They also have a TV network (G4TV), which is all about games (X-play) & a comedy show (Attack of the Show). G4TV also provides some normal TV like the show "Cops" & they showcase a weekly movie.[/QUOTE]
G4 was so much better when it was TechTV. The Screen Savers was way more informative than Attack of the Show without trying too hard to be cool and they had almost all original programming instead of repeating shows like Cops that already appear on multiple other networks. At least they still have X-Play and the good former TechTV people have landed on various internet networks (mainly TWIT and Revision3).

Anyway, I check IGN, Nintendo World Report, and here, only for Nintendo stuff since I only own a Wii and a DS. I also listen to the Joystiq podcast to stay somewhat up on what's going on with the other platforms, and of course the Cagcast. Finally, I check metacritic whenever I'm curious about reviews a game I'm interested in has gotten.

Destructoid
Wired Game|Life
Ars Technica
Giant Bomb

Listen to Giant Bombcast, CAG cast, Rebel FM, Podtoid cast, Extra Life Radio; watch CO-OP, gametrailers video podcasts.

Kotaku is pretty much it for me. I used to visit Joystiq until I realized they sux dix. I really only go to Destructoid for The Videogame Show What I've Done.

Right now, the sites I visit every day are CAG, GameLife, Penny Arcade, GameSniped, RPGamer, the Square Enix Products Blog (which is almost never updated, unfortunately), and the Square Enix Members Blog. The only gaming forum I frequent is this one.

At least once a week, I'll hit up Nintendo Life for WiiWare/Virtual Console updates, and the P.S. Triple blog at 1UP. I update my Backloggery frequently, and my simExchange account rarely. I also subscribe to feeds for the Let's Play Archive, Castle Vidcons, and the 1UP Yours Listen UP 4 Guys 1UP podcast.

I sporadically visit a lot of other sites as well.

I love GiantBomb's quick looks, they're 10-30 minute straight up no editing gameplay sessions. They're unscripted and are extremely informative and you get a grasp on gameplay.

Aside from that, here, IGN and the Gaming page of Reddit.

The only sites I regularly frequent (almost daily) are CAG and Kotaku.

*edit* I forgot about Shoryken. I dont go there daily, but often enough.

I'll visit IGN, Gamasutra, and a few others once in a while, and I'll check out links to anywhere on reccomendation.

I don't listen to podcasts or watch videos. I listen to music on my MP3 player so no time for gaming talk, and I use the PC mainly at work and can't really watch videos. When I'm home I'd rather play games than read about them or watch vids of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the big blogs daily as well as Offworld and TIG source. I sort of just glaze over all that content though.

However I probably spend 20 minutes a day each on TinyCartridge and NeoGAF. I'm backlogged pretty badly right now so I don't spend as much time here so as not to get tempted by deals.

[quote name='rlse9']
[/LIST]G4 was so much better when it was TechTV. The Screen Savers was way more informative than Attack of the Show without trying too hard to be cool and they had almost all original programming instead of repeating shows like Cops that already appear on multiple other networks. At least they still have X-Play and the good former TechTV people have landed on various internet networks (mainly TWIT and Revision3).

Anyway, I check IGN, Nintendo World Report, and here, only for Nintendo stuff since I only own a Wii and a DS. I also listen to the Joystiq podcast to stay somewhat up on what's going on with the other platforms, and of course the Cagcast. Finally, I check metacritic whenever I'm curious about reviews a game I'm interested in has gotten.[/QUOTE]
More like TechTV was better when it was TechTV.

I really wish G4 had never bought them.

I actually did really like it when it was G4TechTV and they were all about video games all the time. I never had to do anything to find any other gaming news, I got all I needed from them.

[quote name='dmaul1114']This one is it for me.

I'm not into gaming enough these days to frequent any others. I'll occasionally check a review at gamespot or IGN for something I'm on the fence about.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
There is no need to frequent other sites, There is all the information that you ever need right here.

Joystiq and Kotaku. In the past, I used to go to IGN, Gamespot and 1UP, but for whatever reasons, I really can't stand those sites anymore.

Just IGN pretty much. I'm not a fan, at all. I heard the "they get paid for reviews", which, make them very untrustworthy, but I never listen to review scores and judge the game by those alone anyway, so no big deal.

I mainly like it for the news. I like gametrailers reviews a lot more anyway.

CAG
Gametrailers
Magic Box
and Gamefaqs just for tips and info

My friend and fellow CAG Brian Moy is trying open up a nice community of gamers at his website SpecialtyGamer.com Check it out

SiliconEra.

My friend frequents GAF so if anything interesting happens he lets me know so I don't have to waste my time on Slowtaku (see what I did there?) or the like.

CAG is about it for me, unless I'm on the fence on a game, then I'll check out YouTube videos of the game in action and a review or two from Gamespot or IGN.

From past experience, which gaming site post the news the fastest. Joystiq seems to take a couple days, Destructoid is a day faster, and Kotaku seems to be the best. Anyone have this observation, too?

Kotaku and Silicon Era (for more Japan-centric stuff) seem to be the fastest, followed by Destructoid, then Joystiq and 1UP bringing up the rear. It's a tradeoff though-- seems like it's not uncommon for Kotaku's articles to be riddled with typos and errors since they are scrambling to get the info up before everyone else. IMO Destructoid is probably the best balance between speed and reliability.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Kotaku and Silicon Era (for more Japan-centric stuff) seem to be the fastest, followed by Destructoid, then Joystiq and 1UP bringing up the rear. It's a tradeoff though-- seems like it's not uncommon for Kotaku's articles to be riddled with typos and errors since they are scrambling to get the info up before everyone else. IMO Destructoid is probably the best balance between speed and reliability.[/QUOTE]
Ok, thank you.
Does Joystiq post things that Destructiod and Kotaku miss, or is it safe to unsubscribe?

[quote name='Nebenator']Ok, thank you.
Does Joystiq post things that Destructiod and Kotaku miss, or is it safe to unsubscribe?[/QUOTE]IMO Joystiq posts much of the same stuff Kotaku and Dtoid do, but they get more insightful developer interviews than either of them. I wouldn't unsubscribe from them.

I frequent pretty much all the sites on gmachina except for 1UP and GameVideos (unless I see SFIV stuff posted from them). Kineda has also started to post more gaming-related stuff lately so I check that from time to time.

I'll check in to gametab once or twice a weekday to see if any headlines interest me. Also like to check out indiegames.com blog and co-optimus

I hit up vgchartz a lot. Largely because I don't really haev time to play games anymore so I find myself more itnerested in the sales side.

CAG obviously
Gametrailers for the HD trailers n stuff
Gamespot, they have the most legit reviews IMO
EpicBattleAxe for their epic show

bread's done
Back