What happen to amazon.com Prime Memeership?

simple put

only people in the same household can have it. People were abusing it so they stopped it.

i called amazon up yesterday about an order and asked

Why dont you have 2 plans

1 year for 79

6 months for 49

yes i know the 6 month would cost more but its a way to pay less and amazon would still make more in the long run (then again everyone would probaly just join oct 1 - march 31)

they said they have no interest in making a 6 month prime ... i know i would buy 6 months before a year

[quote name='slidecage']i called amazon up yesterday about an order and asked Why dont you have 2 plans 1 year for 79 6 months for 49[/quote]
You asked them the wrong question.

Correct question is:

"Why don't you have Prime for $29/year so people will actually buy it?"

Yeah, right on Kerig. There's no way in hell I'm paying 80 dollars for Prime. In fact, the amount of games that I buy to use for filler for free shipping is probably less than Prime. Yes, faster shipping, but I'm a pretty patient guy.

[quote name='slidecage']simple put

only people in the same household can have it. People were abusing it so they stopped it.[/quote]

True that was part of the problem (not only were lots of CAGs doing it but so were lots of others from Slickdeals and Fatwallet). The "bigger" problem though was the fact that Prime account sharing is against Amazon's TOS and with Amazon being probably CAGs biggest affiliate that had to go. It's one of those things that you can still do it , but you can't talk about it in threads and it's at your own risk. Nobody will be held responsible if anyones account gets closed for Prime sharing.

[quote name='Kerig']You asked them the wrong question.

Correct question is:

"Why don't you have Prime for $29/year so people will actually buy it?"[/quote]

Cause someone buying lots of things < shipping all that stuff through UPS/FedEX/DHL.

It all comes down to how much do you buy and are you patient?

bread's done
Back