What has been the best item packed in with a video game you've ever encountered?

ave1

CAGiversary!
So what's your favorite item that came packaged in with a video game? Is it the COD Rc car or maybe night vision goggles? Maybe you liked the Helghast helmet, Halo Master Chief helmet, or Darksiders II skull-mask. . . or coud it be that you like wearing those polka dotted "Catherine" boxer shorts while playing with your Assassins Creed jack-in-the-box? Can you honestly say you weren't tempted to buy the PS3 Move Socom 4 bundle which came packaged with the Sharp Shooter gun?

I spent quite a bit of time researching the great pack-ins of video gaming, so check out my NerdkO article and see if you agree with me on what I think is the greatest pack-in of all time...

http://n4g.com/news/1133453/the-best-stuff-to-ever-have-been-packaged-with-a-game

Speak up!

Punching Puppet Ghaleon, no contest.

ghaleonpuppetxs4.jpg

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Punching Puppet Ghaleon, no contest.

ghaleonpuppetxs4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I've got the complete PSX editions of both Lunars, but I've never owned that thing. I'm furious about it.

ghaleonpuppetxs4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's not a pack in... that's a preorder bonus. I think the swag WD included in some of their games could be considered as a pack in though. I loved those extras they included (even if you paid for them), especially the pendent from Lunar 2 EB Complete.

While I don't know about older PC games, The PC Version of Witcher 2 has a ton of stuff. I am talking the standard retail version. Hell for the $50 I paid for it, I got more content than a lot of special editions nowadays.

[quote name='Vinny']That's not a pack in... that's a preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]
Man. I'd forgotten that preorder bonuses were even a thing back then.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Man. I'd forgotten that preorder bonuses were even a thing back then.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? We still get awesome pre-order bonuses... like different colored guns. And content that's removed from the final game and then offered only to those who pre-order.

All jokes aside, I hear ya man. I have a TON of swag from the good old days. We still get something decent every now and then though from the smaller publishers.

[quote name='j-cart']
6535634671_31af236a68.jpg

And Gnost-Dural's journal were totally worth the $20 I paid for it :D[/QUOTE]

I second all the SWTOR: CE stuff. In many ways, the statue and everything else was better than the game itself.

I think I remember reading in a thread long ago about someone who bought a used game from Gamestop and found a condom inside the case.

ghaleonpuppetxs4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

yes! mine is still in the box, i played with a second one i had, till it broke.

[quote name='Kerig']I think I remember reading in a thread long ago about someone who bought a used game from Gamestop and found a condom inside the case.[/QUOTE]

What worse then finding a condom in your game-case?..............Finding a used condom.

[quote name='ave1']

http://n4g.com/news/1133453/the-best-stuff-to-ever-have-been-packaged-with-a-game

Speak up![/QUOTE]

Click a link, to click another link. :roll: To save everyone else the trouble:

10. Deluxe NES (R.O.B., zapper, etc)

9. Console microphones

8. Cameras: EyeTV, Move, Kinect, N64 Camera

7. Random Shit 1: Halo Cat Helmet , Gears Lancer, RE Leather jacket, etc.

6. Random shit 2: Borderlands Bobblehead, Assassin's Creed belt buckle, Black OPs RC car, Skylanders, etc.

5. controller add ons: N64 Rumble Pak, Wii Motion+, Guitar Hero DS, etc.

4. Console expansions: Sega's parade of shit, N64 Expansion, etc.

3. Random Controllers 1: Mario Paint, uDraw, band controllers, etc.

2. controllers for your feet: DDR pad, Power Pad, WiiFit, etc.

1. Random controllers 2: racing wheels, arcade fighting sticks, gold Nintendo controllers, Steel Battalion, etc.

Hate to be an ass, but you have an arbitrary list of 100 things crammed into a top 10 list. I get what you're going for but calling it a "Best of" list is misleading. There are plenty of things named that would never make a "best of" anything list.

Pick 10 items and roll with it, or just write an article and leave out the "top 10" part. As it stands it's not "the [10]best stuff included with a game" it's a "dozens upon dozens of random shit included with a game(not accounting for quality)" list.

I will give you props for actually picking a single item as your favorite, and devoting a paragraph to it. That's what the rest of the top 10 should have been, IMO.

The backpack from the inFamous 2 Hero Edition. I use it everyday since it's not too large a backpack for taking stuff to and from work.

The Growlanser (I think it was Generation) for the PS2 that came with the huge box and a watch . I still have it sealed.

Also, my Ultima IX Collectors Edition for the PC. The Box is as big as my desk.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the Commodore 64.

Amoung other silly things it came with there was the microscopic space fleet (a tiny empty plastic bag.)

The duffel bag in the GTA4 collectors edition, I still use it

I hope GTA5 has a similarly awesome special edition

bread's done
Back