What have you received recently?

This morning I turned on my Xbox 360 to download Tomb Raider, and I saw about ten days ago I got a message from Xbox Live saying I was selected as one of the Xbox Live Gold members to get Joy Ride Turbo free. Between this and all the recent Gold sales it's like Microsoft knows I'm going to let my Gold finally expire next month.

7x - Free - Used - Tablets - ASUS Nexus 7 - Freecycle.org

20x - Free - Used - Tablets -  ASUS Transformers TF300T - Freecycle.org

1x - Free - New - Comic Book - World Of Warcraft: Curse of the Worgen - Drink, Meet and Draw prize

7x - Free - Used - Tablets - ASUS Nexus 7 - Freecycle.org

20x - Free - Used - Tablets - ASUS Transformers TF300T - Freecycle.org

1x - Free - New - Comic Book - World Of Warcraft: Curse of the Worgen - Drink, Meet and Draw prize
You always get the best stuff for free Megazell. I wish some good stuff like tablets that I could use would pop up where I live. I never see anything that I could use on like craigslist or freecycle. Whats your secret?

You always get the best stuff for free Megazell. I wish some good stuff like tablets that I could use would pop up where I live. I never see anything that I could use on like craigslist or freecycle. Whats your secret?
1) Persistence

2) Don't ever flake - A LOT of the stuff that I get is not even posted but they come from people that I met on freecycle for something in the past. So a good example is a connection I got in Manhattan where a non-profit went out of business and the landlord needed everything out within a short time frame. I gathered ppl together and we went and took everything in one shot (PCs, Printers, Chairs, Tables, Supplies, ETC). I passed the landlord my card and from then on when she bumps into things - she shoots me an email. Too many ppl on freecycle and craigslist say they will show up and flake out. I don't.

3) Follow Up - I often tell the ppl that give me free stuff that I donate the excess to low income kids and what not. I follow up by sending them photos or videos of the kids or adults (elderly) via email getting them. They often respond with other stuff they may have that I can use or connect me to another person or org that wants to donate stuff too.

Hope this helps and happy hunting.

Is freecycle different now? When I did it, they were yahoo groups and people had broken printers and stuff.
I don't ever remember it being with Yahoo Groups. It's it own site from what I know. I do know from my work with non-profits that it's the GO TO site to get stuff removed from offices in a timely fashion. I work for an IT firm that supports charter schools and other non-profits. We had one office go paperless and they got rid of 3 working copiers through freecycle but they refused to use craigslist. Most of the times when I am getting multiples of something it's a non-profit or company that has to vacate FAST.

Last edited:
Had a lucky streak in the last month. Won a Pop figure, a bottle opener, a Doctor Who action figure, and some Titan Breaking Bad figures. All from facebook giveaways.

So basically a lot of toys, The good kind though.

this seems as good a place as any to ask this.  what sites can you guys recommend (other than this one) that has lists of compiled contests?

my son's boyscout troop gathers donations to put together raffle baskets during their annual fund raiser.  I'd like to start taking contests more seriously in an effort to win some nice swag for them to raffle off.  Variety is cool but things like steam codes and intangibles would be useless to the people that attend.

Had a good month or so winning different game giveaways. Won The Escapists and Zombie Army Trilogy on twitch and won Hand of Fate last night on Twitter.

Got an XBox One Master Chief Collection entirely free from using Swagbucks (took me about 5-6 months of saving amazon credit) as well as a cheap HDMI switcher since my cable company makes me use a box now.

Also got the Groot Bobblehead Pop from Disney Movie Rewards

Max: Curse of the Brotherhood for the XBone from that M&Ms promotion.

A NASA window decal from Pepsi Points.

2x - Free - Used - Laptop - Dell Inspiron N4110 - Craigslist

1x - Free - Used - Toy - Voltron II Deluxe Gladitor Set - Craigslist

Last edited:
Whhhha? You were able to get all of that free from FYE? Man, I might have to drive an hour to check out my nearest one. :(

Whhhha? You were able to get all of that free from FYE? Man, I might have to drive an hour to check out my nearest one. :(
FYE is dead in my area of NYC. I went on the last day before they closed shop and they had thrown out a ton of DVDs, headphones and other stuff. It was too much of a mess for me to go through but it looks like it was a good drop the day they tossed.

this seems as good a place as any to ask this. what sites can you guys recommend (other than this one) that has lists of compiled contests?

my son's boyscout troop gathers donations to put together raffle baskets during their annual fund raiser. I'd like to start taking contests more seriously in an effort to win some nice swag for them to raffle off. Variety is cool but things like steam codes and intangibles would be useless to the people that attend.
I use this site when I'm on my contest kick - http://www.sweepstakestoday.com/

They break down between categories of prizes (one time, instant win, daily, weekly, etc.) and by kinds of prizes (toys, electronics, furniture, etc.). You don't have to create a login but if you do then you can track the different categories like daily and weekly so you don't have to hunt for them each time.

2 free hair dye coupons

free bath and body work item and travel size item

free mars chocolate

$10 off a $10 purchase at pennys 

free item from vs

a pack of shaving razors 

I think thats it 

Sounds out of topic, but I received a free lipstick from MAC. I saved up the empty containers and had been given a free one when I bought a new one. 

I got two big square pieces of metal with a hole in them from Marlboro today, apparently as a birthday gift. Very odd. I assume they're supposed to be coasters that double as bottle openers.

been a while sense i last updated oops lol

what i got RECENTLY was the following: 

Two $10 AMC movie theatre gift cards from a work thing

a copy of sniper elite 3 ultimate edition (digital code) for PS4 

5 Fandango movie Vouchers from MCR 

A bunch of comics from free comic book day as well as serial Digital #1 marvel issues from an avengers Doritos promotion

2 Fandango movie tickets to age of ultron from the same Doritos promotion and two collectors comics.

a Captain MURRCIA avengers pop figure for free from pop tarts (they messed up my account with kelloggsfamilyrewards and sent me one of the pop figures for free for the loss of my avengers codes) 

and various birthday presents earlier this year. 

Two boxes of VS Hair Dye, Bath and Body works travel sized lotion, pizza pan, wine set, gatorade coupon, bbq sauce, tostino chips, spatula, siracha ketchup, and a marinade :)

14 x - Free - Used - Desktop - Dell Optiplex 170L - Craigslist Free Section

14 x - Free - Used - Monitors - Dell E1914H - Craigslist Free Section

05 x - Free - Used - Desktop - Dell Optiplex GX150 - Craigslist Free Section

05 x - Free - Used - Desktop - Samsung SyncMaster 150MP - Craigslist Free Section

19 x - Free - Used - Keyboard - Acer SK-9020 - Craigslist Free Section

40 x - Free - New - Hard Drive - Seagate 500 GB SATA ST500DM002 - Craigslist Free Section

06 x - Free - Used - Laptops - Apple MacBook Pro MC118LL - Craigslist Free Section

01 x - Free - Used - Server - Dell PowerEdge 800 - Craigslist Free Section

01 x - Free - New - Desktop Case and Powersupply - No name brand and/or model - Craigslist Free Section

06 x - Free - Movie Tickets - Loews Theatre Vouchers - Movie Trivia Winnings - Brune's Bar

01 x - Free - RiteAid - $200 Gift Card - NYC E-Cycling Voucher 

01 x - Free - Staples - $200 Gift Card - NYC E-Cycling Voucher 

1 x - Used - Desktop PC - Compaq CQ5110YPC - Craigslist NYC Free Section

Specs - http://www.cnet.com/products/compaq-presario-cq5110y-athlon-x2-7550-2-5-ghz-3-gb-320-gb/specs/

1 x - Used - Monitor - Compaq WF1907 - Craigslist NYC Free Section

Specs - http://www.cnet.com/products/compaq-wf1907-lcd-monitor-19/specs/

1 x - New - Laptop PC - ASUS x205t - Freecycle Bronx

Specs - http://www.engadget.com/products/asus/eeebook/x205/specs/

1 x - New - Laptop PC - HP STREAM 11 - Freecycle Bronx

Specs - http://www.engadget.com/products/hp/stream/11/specs/

1 x - New - Monitor - Polaroid 1521-TLUB - Freecycle Bronx

Specs -  http://www.engadget.com/products/hp/stream/11/specs/

6x - Used - Wireless USB Adapter - Tenda Mini11N Wireless USB Adapter - Microcenter Sale + E Points

6x - Free - Movie Tickets - Fantastic Four - Riverdale Reading Club

I have been doing fairly well with swagbucks and have received $100 in target gift cards in the last couple months.
I also won the MaxEzzy & Leaptrade giveaway that I saw on here for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Got a copy of Omega Ruby yesterday.

I won a hard copy of The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 from a contest someone posted here on CAG. 

They sent me an email saying I won and needed my address, I replied, and after almost a month I got it in the mail.  I never thought it was going to come BUT IT DID to my amazement!  I NEVER win contests, it was great!

1 x - Free - Used - iPad 1 Tablet (Perfect Condition - Original Box + Carrying Case) - 16 Gb - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - Samsung 730B Syncmaster 17 - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - Turtle Beach AudioTron AT-100 - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - Motoral Droid 2 (Perfect Condition - Original Box + Carrying Case) - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - 16 GB SD Card - Kingston - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - Samsung Galaxy S4 Sprint/Credo - Cracked Screen - Working Unit (Friend repaired it for me for free)- Freecycle.org

^ Turned it into a PSP/Gameboy Color/Game Gear/NES and other gaming unit with Cyangenmod + FDroid - No Google Apps allowed and got LinkPlay up an running.

1 x - Free - Used - 64 GB SD Card - Sandisk - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - Harman Kardon Soundsticks II (Desktop Speakers - They are so fucking good!) - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - Gateway Desktop PC DX4380 - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - Used - Acer Gateway ACRNE52213U Laptop - Freecycle.org

1 x - Free - NEW - Dell Inspiron 14 3000 - Linux Edition - OpenSource Fair NYC @ NYU - Free NYC Event

^ So fucking in love with this laptop. I got mine running Linux Mint 17 XFCE. So smooth. So fast.

16 x - Free - NEW - Lysol Disinfecting Wipes - RiteAid +Up Rewards

1 x - Free - STEAM KEY - Hook - Reddit's Game Devs Handout

1 x - Free - STEAM KEY - Stealth Inc 2 - Humble Bundle Handout

1 x - Free - STEAM KEY - Mecha Ace - Reddit Random Acts Of Gaming

Last edited:
Taco Bell Gold PS4, VIP Wizard World tickets, The Good Dinosaur tickets, a bunch of Mars Coupons, and now this. I'm on a roll. 

Congratulations!

Your Crystal Pepsi 6-Pack was shipped on 12/16/2015 via the US Post Office. Please allow up to 1 week for delivery.

Thank you for participating!

The Pepsi Pass Team

Taco Bell Gold PS4, VIP Wizard World tickets, The Good Dinosaur tickets, a bunch of Mars Coupons, and now this. I'm on a roll.

Congratulations!

Your Crystal Pepsi 6-Pack was shipped on 12/16/2015 via the US Post Office. Please allow up to 1 week for delivery.

Thank you for participating!

The Pepsi Pass Team
How did you win the wizard world tickets?

This was for the Louisville Wizard World. I signed up through a radio contest for tickets, went to a Verizon and got 2 free tickets, and saw a sign that you could text Verizon to win 2 VIP tickets so I thought it was worth a shot. Got a call a few days later that I had won the radio station tickets and then the day before the con I got a call from Verizon that I had won the VIP tickets. William Shatner was supposed to be there but then pulled out a week before. It would have been awesome to meet Shatner but I still got to get my picture taken with Bruce Campbell. It was so much smaller than the Chicago one which I went to a couple of times a few years back. And then you see that the New Orleans one is getting everyone and their mother. But for free tickets I can't complain. It was a good time. 

Within the last month I've received a Batman vs. Superman prize pack from Galaxy Theaters (hat, shirt two sizes too small, and Batman & Superman Dorbz figures) and a Chewbacca shirt from FYE (also two sizes too small).

Got a number of things today, all from PAX.
From Kinecticon, code cards for a Cortana avatar prop and energy sword avatar prop, which were the original prizes. However, they also threw in a Mass Effect Normandy avatar prop. On top of that, when I opened the package from them today, they'd also thrown in a Halo Fest badge w/ xbox 360 lanyard and an inflatable omni-blade. Very cool prizes.

I also received a Mass Effect 3-themed room key one of the Seattle hotels were using during PAX from a different contest.
How's your day today is the inflatable omni blade still their

I just received a key for Dungeon Defenders II from Cheapassgamers .

Went to the steam store and the game is free already :0

Is this Cheapassgamers been ironic :p

It's not a ton but last week I won a $5 Amazon gift card in a contest on Reddit. Also won a GPT referral contest in the same week. So it added up to a bit more than $20 in amazon credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back