What have you received recently?

Got an Iron Man 2 comic from LG in the mail today. (I think its related to the LG Iron Xbox Live contest)
And then I got a 'green' T-shirt from Coca-Cola and Target thats made from recycled coke bottles

This weeks been slow, but in the past couple weeks got:
Gillette Razor
:360:
Aqua XBLA code
Puzzle Chronicles XBLA code
Toy Soldiers XBLA code
Split/second
Supreme Commander 2
Halo ODST

Aside from ODST and the Razor, I want to thank twitter for everything else. Who knew you could get soo much for practically sitting in your ass!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='e Skrilla']I just received my free copy of ODST :D I thought I was beyond the 5000 something people that entered. I didnt even enter with a student email. Win[/QUOTE]
I also got ODST ... :) Except I almost missed it because UPS kept marking my package as "moved" when I kept telling them I still live at the address...

314c16ae84ba18d.jpg

a spicy chick fil a sandwich (worth buying), maybe 20-30 free food coupons at chick fil a, some granola bars, Half Life 2 Deathmatch from steam for Nvidia users :D.

I got a Robin Hood Prize pack in the mail today. Hat , Guy shirt , girl shirt , mini poster.
IDK where it came from(entered half a dozen 'swag' giveaways.)

[quote name='slowdive21']Curb Your Enthusiasm Seasons 1-6, a bag, and a TV Guide snuggie! I guess I won the contest with my story.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Curb is one of my favorite TV shows ever, although the quality has gone down noticeably the past few years.

Got a few Blu-Ray movies from some "Blu-Scenes" contest on Slickdeals. My problem is that I have no Blu-Ray player. (The first place prize included one.)

Got $50 in amazon gc's coming. Took a good while with their cc, but im finally gonna have $75 to spend toward my new laptop on amazon...

A few days ago I got a bumper sticker that says "I don't trust the liberal media" and I also got 800 ms points from the spalding contest. A few weeks ago my NRA sign up bonus pocketknife came in the mail and yesterday my NRA Membership packet arrived.

[quote name='boagman']What'd second place get? Two of them? $500 my eye...[/QUOTE]

lol thats what I said. The price tag is ridonculous. Sideshow was actually giving away a bunch of much cooler stuff. It was all in conjunction with comic con. If you hurry on over there I think some of the giveaways are still ongoing

[quote name='EdRyder']I just received notification that I won a LE Marlon Brando Godfather bust from Sideshow.
Look at this crazy thing, hes kinda scary
[/QUOTE]

how much did they charge for shipping the prize-

"All winners agree to pay shipping on any prizes granted by Sideshow Collectibles "

[quote name='superman26']how much did they charge for shipping the prize-

"All winners agree to pay shipping on any prizes granted by Sideshow Collectibles "[/QUOTE]

They havent told me yet. Supposed to contact to me with a quote in the next 7 days. I'm operating under the assumption (hoping)that this aspect might only pertain to international shipping. If not, I'll let you know

Edit: It's going to be $30.47 to ship. I believe its originating from Thousand Oaks , Cali

Last edited by a moderator:
This week was a good week:
Male Cog Armor for my Avatar
Gold Lancer add on for Gears 2
Earthworm Jim HD for XBLA
Toy Soldiers DLC: The Kaiser's Battle
Naughty Bear for :360:

WOW EdRyder you have to pay for shipping??? Whats the point of winning if you have to pay your own shipping? Thats BS IMO!

[quote name='EdRyder']They havent told me yet. Supposed to contact to me with a quote in the next 7 days. I'm operating under the assumption (hoping)that this aspect might only pertain to international shipping. If not, I'll let you know

Edit: It's going to be $30.47 to ship. I believe its originating from Thousand Oaks , Cali[/QUOTE]

I call BS. I wouldn't pay that to ship that monstrosity, unless I had it pre-sold to some other poor schlub who honestly buys into the "It's worth $500!" mentality, and was only buying it for, say, $300 or more.

Something about this seems amiss.

[quote name='EdRyder']Awesome wins w/ Earthworm Jim HD and Naughty Bear!
To me, the shipping price is nominal.
Still plenty of great stuff bein' given away over there if you hurry.
[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks! Have fun with creepy Marlon Brando! ;)

You could be right, its like paying tax/tags if you win a car. Still with me having limited funds I cant take a chance of winning. However with the amount they charge for their products and all the contests, I wonder if the shipping really is to get a little bit back.

[quote name='boagman']I call BS.

Something about this seems amiss.[/QUOTE]

I think the shipping quote has more to do with the weight rather than the value of the piece. If its comming UPS or FE the quote seems right to me.

As for the other part,. Its Vito Corleone... I am that 'shlub'

i won some swag from Red Faction on twitter.. and since I'm still in the Can and I won't be back ot the US for a while. I'm bragging now.

bread's done
Back