What have you received recently?

I too got a $25 GameStop gift card, but mine is from MyView.

Today, I got a $168 check from MovieTickets.com. Langers Juice was running a promotion where you'd send in 3 proofs of purchase along with $1.99 and they would send a movie ticket vouchers for Journey 2 in return. Crappy movie, I know, but I wanted to treat everyone to a day at the theater. Anyway, I ordered 12 of these things and when they got here, I found out that they're not valid in my town because none of our theaters participate. Because I was out 36 proofs of purchase (they take UPC's and receipts, so it was 18 bottles of juice) and $11.94 in checks and stamps, I e-mailed Bruce Langer and asked if I could get a refund or different prizes or something. I wasn't expecting to get the $42+ back for the juice because I drank and enjoyed it, but I didn't want to lose all of those proofs of purchase for nothing!

Anyway, Bruce talked to the folks at MovieTickets and they offered to send me a Visa gift card, which I accepted. I figured it would be no more than $50 to cover my expenses and a little extra for the inconvenience. I was very surprised and pleased when I got the check (so I can put it in the bank!) for $168. That basically covers my $11.94, the cost of the juice, and the full value of the movie tickets! Sorry for the long unnecessary story, but I'm totally stoked about how this turned out. This is some of the best customer service I've ever encountered.

I recently received Maxim, Playboy, Some Physics posters, Uncharted 3 SE from fb contest, and ESPN.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I too got a $25 GameStop gift card, but mine is from MyView.

Today, I got a $168 check from MovieTickets.com. Langers Juice was running a promotion where you'd send in 3 proofs of purchase along with $1.99 and they would send a movie ticket vouchers for Journey 2 in return. Crappy movie, I know, but I wanted to treat everyone to a day at the theater. Anyway, I ordered 12 of these things and when they got here, I found out that they're not valid in my town because none of our theaters participate. Because I was out 36 proofs of purchase (they take UPC's and receipts, so it was 18 bottles of juice) and $11.94 in checks and stamps, I e-mailed Bruce Langer and asked if I could get a refund or different prizes or something. I wasn't expecting to get the $42+ back for the juice because I drank and enjoyed it, but I didn't want to lose all of those proofs of purchase for nothing!

Anyway, Bruce talked to the folks at MovieTickets and they offered to send me a Visa gift card, which I accepted. I figured it would be no more than $50 to cover my expenses and a little extra for the inconvenience. I was very surprised and pleased when I got the check (so I can put it in the bank!) for $168. That basically covers my $11.94, the cost of the juice, and the full value of the movie tickets! Sorry for the long unnecessary story, but I'm totally stoked about how this turned out. This is some of the best customer service I've ever encountered.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that's awesome!

The Hangover from club.bing
IntelliExplorer Mouse from club.bing
Popular Mechanics from recyclebank
Everyday Food from recyclebank

Oh, and a free box cutter I found on the side of the road by the school. The lock mechanism is broken, but it'll still cut boxes.

1x - Free - Mobile Device - Amazon Kindle + 150 Free eBooks from Amazon - Saturday Reading Program Mott Haven Library
1x - Free - Book - A Brief History Of Time by Stephen Hawking - Saturday Reading Program Mott Haven Library
1x - Free - Comic Book/Graphic Novel TPB - Planetary Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories - Freecycle.org
1x - Free - Comic Book/Graphic Novel TPB - Planetary Vol. 2: The Fourth Man - FreeCycle.org
1x - Free - Comic Book/Graphic Novel TPB - Planetary Vol. 3: Leaving the 20th Century - FreeCycle.org
1x - Free - Comic Book/Graphic Novel TPB - Planetary Vol. 4: Spacetime Archaeology - FreeCycle.org
6x - Free - Movie Tickets - Wrath Of The Titans - Village Voice Promotions
1x - Free - Used - Desktop - Lenovo 3000 J Series 8460 - Craigslist.org

Last edited:
[quote name='boagman']"War of the Titans"

Are you sure you don't mean "Wrath of the Titans"?[/QUOTE]

Ah, I stand corrected. I have no interest in seeing it going to hand them off to my cousins tomorrow.

I just got my sweet "Heroes of Ruin" T-shirt in the mail (yesterday) from Square Enix (via facebook giveaway). I think the only reason I was "randomly" chosen, is because I looked like the only one who would fit in a size small t-shirt.

burton.jpg

won a weekly prize in the Burton Snowboards Now Boarding Facebook contest

Burton Travel Wheelie Bag
Burton Hackett Jacket
Burton Jeans Snowpants
RED helmet

I've earned $105 in Amazon credit from Swagbucks since January

So far I've purchased...

Gears of War 3
Modern Warfare 3
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

and a few older titles :D

[quote name='tmw214']I've earned $105 in Amazon credit from Swagbucks since January

So far I've purchased...

Gears of War 3
Modern Warfare 3
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

and a few older titles :D[/QUOTE]

check the guide in my signature on tips to earn more

[quote name='Tony Stark']check the guide in my signature on tips to earn more[/QUOTE]

Nice tutorial

I just discovered the Sc-s.com site about a week ago and it's helped a lot.I also realized the surveys aren't a complete waste of time.I gave up on them a long time ago for always being DQ'd. I went back to them a few days ago and have been making double what i normally do.I've already made 259 SB today :D

I received an email notification today that I'd won a Vespa scooter from Mello Yello's current text-to-win sweepstakes. I'm a 39-year-old man getting a scooter designed for a 20-ish person, but I'm still plenty geeked about it!

[quote name='boagman']I received an email notification today that I'd won a Vespa scooter from Mello Yello's current text-to-win sweepstakes. I'm a 39-year-old man getting a scooter designed for a 20-ish person, but I'm still plenty geeked about it![/QUOTE]

Ride it with a sign that says 'It was free too.' Just to piss off the hipsters.

[quote name='Megazell']Ride it with a sign that says 'It was free too.' Just to piss off the hipsters.[/QUOTE]

I would also ride it sidesaddle if possible.

[quote name='slowdive21']I would also ride it sidesaddle if possible.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Wow.

Lucky me, I live in the same area as the prize fulfillment company, so on my way to visit my parents' house today, I dropped off the paperwork, and I've already got the confirmation email that I've been authorized and all that. So, by June 30, I'll be rocking a Mello Yello Vespa! Or selling one! Who cares? It's fun!

Just got my free Kid Icarus AR cards and set of Legend of Zelda posters from club nintendo (posters were 400 points). They are some really good quality and good sized posters. Would recommend them to anyone who uses club nintendo. Gonna work towards getting the other Zelda set as well as the Donkey Kong and Mario Set.

Poster Set I got: https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/11502.do

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gram']and a sample of Quaker Oatmeal squares.[/QUOTE]
I got that too. I don't even remember ordering it, but it's one of our favorite cereals, so I can't complain.

Kinect Rush Adventures
9784fe3bab.png
Razer Onza
4d7df4a7eb.jpg
1600msp, Bub Blocks & Craftimals from Roppy Chop Studios
Happy Action Theater
Fusion Genesis
South Park:TR
Shoot Many Robots
Blackwatch Pilot Uniform Prototype 2 Avatar outfit
(4) Dominoes Artisan Pizzas
$30 Fandango
$25 Serve
$15 Mastercard gift card (from Camel)
and some 160msp codes ;)

I got these over the past month or two, these are probably the best prizes I've gotten.

Here's what I got:
$250 worth of games from Raptr (Dead Space 2, EA MMA, Madden 12, Need for Speed: The Run, Battlefield 3, Starwars: The Old Republic)
Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition (Find the ring)
Uncharted 3 Standard Edition (Find the ring)
Modnation Racers

Just a couple days ago I won the first season of Game of Thrones on Blu-Ray as well as a $50 Amazon Gift Card.

I'm quite jealous of you Tankyroo...

I got a copy of The Witcher 2 for 360 that was given away to 1,000 people. I gave them the truth, that I post a lot on CAG and like to help people make informed buying decisions and that apparently qualified me. I never got an email saying I was in, but I guess other people did. It came USPS first class from Oxnard, CA and was mailed on Friday if anyone else is waiting on one.

Well I wish we had a "random code" page on here.... I received a 40% off gohastings.com code and I don't want it so here...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AP1040SRCW[/FONT]

[quote name='crazedimp321']Just got my application accepted for E3 2012. I would consider it a win because it is a free pass to go to biggest gaming convention of the year.[/QUOTE]
I'm so jealous. I hope I get to go one day.

I got the Witcher 2 also from the same deal as louiedog. Cool game so far. Got my PlayStation Rewards from House Party today, too. Good week.

[quote name='tmw214']$10 off your next purchase of $40 or more from gohastings.com : AP1040F676

Expires 4/22/12[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot man I used this code!

Free - 226x - Heavy Metal Magazine - Freecycle.org
Free - 1x - Verbot with remote in the box - Excellent Condition - Craigslist.org
Free - 10x - Rory's Story Cubes - Craigslist.org

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Dang.. some people seem to have a constant supply of cool free stuff. I need to enter more contests![/QUOTE]

sometimes you have to wonder the perks of working for a game dev

I have seen the game dev videos and twitter accounts pics of when 100's of games get dropped off when they are done making a game

they obviously get them for free id hope lol

Got the Bumble Shampoo stuff. It even came with a free "30 min do". Might just get my hair did there. I'm getting a perm soon and wouldn't mind getting it straightened with a blow dryer

Got The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition from
http://ingamestories.wordpress.com
1st contest Ive won and got a game Ive been dyin to try!

60 x Free Yankee Tickets - Yankee Giveaway - Given to the families in the programs that I volunteer for - Taking 6 for myself.
4 x Free Used Laptops - Acer 5733Z - Freecycle.org
1 x Free Used Laptop - Acer Aspire 5253 - Freecycle.org
6 x Free Loews Movie Tickets - Avengers - NYC Library - Young Adults Reading Club - Fordham Library
900 x Free Comics - Riverdale Reading Group
3 x Free Tickets - Kid's Comic Con - Adult Tickets - Kingsbridge Library Bulletin Board

Getting ready for Free Comic Book Day!

[quote name='Megazell']60 x Free Yankee Tickets - Yankee Giveaway - Given to the families in the programs that I volunteer for - Taking 6 for myself.
4 x Free Used Laptops - Acer 5733Z - Freecycle.org
1 x Free Used Laptop - Acer Aspire 5253 - Freecycle.org
6 x Free Loews Movie Tickets - Avengers - NYC Library - Young Adults Reading Club - Fordham Library
900 x Free Comics - Riverdale Reading Group
3 x Free Tickets - Kid's Comic Con - Adult Tickets - Kingsbridge Library Bulletin Board

Getting ready for Free Comic Book Day![/QUOTE]

Re: the laptops, how are you able to make them relatively useful? I'd think that they'd be too old and/or buggy to be of much use, unless you're just parting them out or something. What's the story there? Oh, and nice nab on the Yankees tickets!

[quote name='boagman']Re: the laptops, how are you able to make them relatively useful? I'd think that they'd be too old and/or buggy to be of much use, unless you're just parting them out or something. What's the story there? Oh, and nice nab on the Yankees tickets![/QUOTE]

Nines times out of ten the machines are fine. I don't post the free parts we get. I only post the free full working computers. If I did my post would look really crazy.

I clean them out; sometimes reformatting them. Putting either a copy of Windows XP SP 3 dual booted Linux. Most of time I just put Linux on with about 10 to 20 games. If the family I am making it for puts some elbow grease into it, I put about 200 to 9000 games on it. This is for people that are willing to sit in the lab and do the work themselves.

I teach a free intro to Linux class for beginners. I am in no way an expert but I'm getting there.

I have 2 PC LAN labs now from 6 years ago we had 1/2 a room. Each room has 60 full desktops loaded with over 500+ freeware games, freeware office software and freeware video publishing software - all donated. Each room has 10 laptops for when we are full to capacity.

My newest haul of free stuff:

$25 Bestbuy gift card

(XBLA)
Trials Evolution
Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue
Bloodforge
Shadow Complex
FEZ
The Splatters
Diabolical Pitch
Radiant Silvergun
American Nightmare
Orcs Must Die!
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Ugly Americans
Crimson Alliance (full pack)
Joe Danger SE
Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Shank 2
I Am Alive
Hole In The Wall

(Xbox Indie game)
Flycatcher
Space Swine

(Avatar items)
Darksiders II Necro Armor
Sonic Hoodie
Cortana Costume
Brute Costume
Mass Effect 3 Better with Kinect Shirt (black)

bread's done
Back