What I should check for in a PS3 off Craigslist?

seththefallen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm likely buying a PS3 off of craigslist, aledgedly new in the box. I'm wondering what you guys think I should check for in buying it this way. Obviously I'm going to look at the box, and make sure it has all the included accessorries/manuals, cables, control,etc... Is there a way to see if its a Japanese PS3 and not a US one? What should I check to make sure its legit?

[quote name='seththefallen']Is there a way to see if its a Japanese PS3 and not a US one?[/quote]
There's no difference outside of the box, AFAIK (gj sony). The only way to really tell is to pop an american/region 1 DVD in the system

[quote name='Scorch']There's no difference outside of the box, AFAIK (gj sony). The only way to really tell is to pop an american/region 1 DVD in the system[/quote]

I read the japanese PS3 has all the manuals in japanese. Is this true? Would allow me to tell without plugging it in I guess.

I don't know, you said it was new in the box so I thought you were looking for differences on the outside.

How much are you paying for it and what will you be getting, ie games xtra controllers...? Would have to be real cheap considering the circuit city price drop to 499 on a 60 gb ps3. If you hadn't seen it yet check speedys post for this. Also add the 5 free br discs, kinda hard to not go new!

[quote name='rmb']How much are you paying for it and what will you be getting, ie games xtra controllers...? Would have to be real cheap considering the circuit city price drop to 499 on a 60 gb ps3. If you hadn't seen it yet check speedys post for this. Also add the 5 free br discs, kinda hard to not go new![/quote]

Got it for $400, NIB, perfect condition. I couldn't be happier, the nicest guy was selling it.

bread's done
Back