peteyrose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
On my list are:
Daigasso! Band Brothers
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Jump! Super Stars

I'm waiting for the US Electroplankton. Did I miss anything worth picking up?

Gundam G Generation DS. Might be hard if you dont know Japanese and not familar with that type of game.

[quote name='peteyrose']On my list are:
Daigasso! Band Brothers
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Jump! Super Stars

I'm waiting for the US Electroplankton. Did I miss anything worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

Same here on Jump! Super Stars.

There really isn't anything worth getting as an import. I have Tendo Dokuta, which was a tough playthrough without a thorough knowledge of Japanese. Everything else worthwhile, Band Brothers included, is slated for a US release. With the obvious exceptions being Jump Super Stars and Naruto

Definitely Band Brothers! If it ever makes it out here, the awesome song selection of the Japanese version is really going to take a hit. Seasons, Melissa, Fragile, and Sora mo Toberuhazu all rock my world.

Electroplankton requires absolutely no Japanese reading. The very little text in the game is English as well. It is still worth reading a guide because the manual is Japanese :) I just leared what rec-rec was last night....fun!

I like the description I read of Electroplankton as more of a interactive toy, rather than a game.

With DS sales doing so so in the US I am not sure any of these games will make it here regardless if there is a release date or not:

Daigasso! Band Brothers
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Jump! Super Stars
Electroplankton

I bought all of these, but haven't gotten Quendan yet. (I am impatient even if they will be released...as long as the text is minimal I don't mind having imports).

[quote name='emontedodger']Hmm...is Quendan hard to play? If you don't know Japanese?[/quote]

it's pretty much the same interface as EBA, but with completely different songs and a different story line.

and if you like the anime bleach, then the bleach fighting games for the ds I hear are good.

[quote name='emontedodger']Hmm...is Quendan hard to play? If you don't know Japanese?[/QUOTE]

apart from the storyline (which most of em are pretty guess-able from the looks of it), you wont have any trouble playing it.
and music are universal :D so u wont have problem with it

Ouendan requires 0 Japanese knowledge. The stories are told very well through pictures.

Also, to anyone seeing this thread and basing their import list off the OP's, get Jump Ultimate, not Jump Super.

Bleach DS 2nd is a great 2d fighter. I'd even reccomend it if you were unfamiliar with the source material but liked 2D fighters.

[quote name='T16skyhopp']Bleach DS 2nd is a great 2d fighter. I'd even reccomend it if you were unfamiliar with the source material but liked 2D fighters.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Though, I think he meant he would recommend it even if you're unfamiliar with the anime.

Yeah, even if you havent seen/read anything bleach, its a solid 2d fighter, and unique enough that its not just a street fighter or guilty gear clone

[quote name='smickerm']
With DS sales doing so so in the US I am not sure any of these games will make it here regardless if there is a release date or not:
[/quote]

How greatly things have changed in a little under 2 years, the DS has gone from being basically even with the PSP to kicking ass and taking names like there's no tomorrow.

It's too bad Band Bros never made it out here...wasn't the story that they lost the source code or something like that? Is there anyplace online to get it for a decent price?

Not really, Band Brothers is pretty rare from what I've heard.

It's worth the money if you get an Action Replay to go with it. It goes from 10 songs you can create yourself to thousands you can download that others have made and store.

[quote name='T16skyhopp']Bleach DS 2nd is a great 2d fighter. I'd even reccomend it if you were unfamiliar with the source material but liked 2D fighters.[/quote]

well that's really reassuring to hear. I've been eyeballing that one on amazon for a while now.

bread's done
Back