What in the mother f ebay!!

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
God I hate this site now. I have almost 20,000 feedback and I am so fed up now with this site that I am going to be moving to Amazon. I have somewhat started the transition. How can they POSSIBLY let this happen. This is not the first time this has happened to me, both administrative and user.

I have a dreamcast lot up. Since February 18th the bid has been at $30.75. It ends today. What does Ebay do? CANCELS the highest bid because of an unregistered user. Obviously if the user is not registered (for whatever reason) they can't pay. But instead of cancelling the whole auction, they allow the auction to continue at a new high bid of $9 and now there are only 21 minutes left. Anyone see a problem with this? Of course I will get in trouble with Ebay if I don't sell to the "highest" bidder. Last time it happened the "winner" was understanding. Hope it happens this time also.

Edit: This cancellation literally happened at 6:47 central time, so with about 35 minutes left in a 7 day auction.

I feel you on that.

I sold FEAR 2 on ebay for $50. Lady paid, and received the item (or said she did at least) and left positive feedback on Thursday. I get an email from paypal on sunday, they took the money back out of my account, and now its in dispute. They claim that someone used her account blah blah.

Seriously?! How is that my effing problem? They paid, I shipped. Give me my money back. So now they have both my money, and my product. Real nice paypal, real nice. The most I could do was scan the USPS receipt, and post my side of the story, and wait. Just how damn long do I have to wait.

ARGH!!

I sent an email to the support team. I could have called the power seller support but I really don't feel like talking to anyone at that company. They make about $15,000 a year off me, so we'll see if that is of any importance to them. Not a big deal overall to them, but the tide truly seems to be turning against them so we'll see what they say.

This same exact thing happened about 2 weeks ago. Is it to much to ask that as a seller I don't get screwed over when they feel it necessary to take so much in fees?

Wow that sucks. This kind of shit is why I hardly ever both with ebay anymore, if a problem does arise you know it's going to take fucking forever for them to bother to sort it out and even when they do they're incredibly inconsistent with the final verdict.

I hope amazon works out for you, I've had good luck with them personally.

I feel your pain. Similar things have happened to me over the years with eBay and PayPal and they always tend to side with the buyer and screw over the seller from my experience. Like the above said, after taking so many fees you'd think they could offer some sort of seller protection as they have for the buyer. It *is* eBay we're talking about though... I gave up on selling there last year when all the DSR crap started. Lately I've noticed many listings where sellers practically beg you for 5 stars, I don't get why eBay doesn't see something wrong with that.

Anyway, I wish you luck in selling on Amazon.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Are you registered on my auction site - http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com? Maybe a good time to try it out :)

I have had similar issues with Ebay and finally quit using them cold turkey, started my own gaming auction site and the rest is history.[/quote]

You've promoted that site so much I've started searching auctions on there regularly. :lol:

I feel your pain man, ebay's gone to hell. Just stick to amazon or another auction site like the one listed above.

For the life of me I can not understand why that site has become so pro-buyer. The sellers are what made the site. A person buying something has no loyalty to ebay. If the sellers move to Amazon or wherever, the buyers will just go where the items are. It's amazing the stuff Ebay keeps doing to screw over sellers. Not just stuff like happened to me but fee increases, no negative feedback, and such. I would love to keep using it as I am familiar with everything, but they are making it so it isn't possible.

That's really the pits. I didn't even realize that kind of situation could happen. There's already so many other ways to get screwed over on Ebay, terrible. I used to enjoy Ebay back in the day but I try to avoid it as much as possible now.

bread's done
Back