what is a good free online mmrpg game?

pacemakerguy

CAGiversary!
kinda bored and looking for a good one that everyone plays that free, fun, cool and you can chat with people. idc if you have to download it just has to be free.

Silkroad has people playing a lot of hours according to Xfire.

I played it myself for maybe an hour or 2 and it seemed like your typical korean mmorpg only after a certain number of kills or something, you could turn into a superpowered version of your guy and kill stuff faster/take on harder stuff for a limited amount of time.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Silkroad has people playing a lot of hours according to Xfire.

I played it myself for maybe an hour or 2 and it seemed like your typical korean mmorpg only after a certain number of kills or something, you could turn into a superpowered version of your guy and kill stuff faster/take on harder stuff for a limited amount of time.[/quote]
can u chat with people??

id try runescape they just did an update and the graphicks are improved way to much plus you can chat theres a free version and a pay version but youdont need to play, plus theres always a shit ton of pepole online

Also Archlord is a free to play MMORPG.

If you just want to chat and hang out, consider Second Life or Kaneva.

However, with all of these games, you get what you pay for.

[quote name='pacemakerguy']wat about the game combat arms by nexon people that have maple story. can u play with others on that?[/quote]

I play CA quite often.

It's free, somewhat hackers now and then but just hop to a different game/server easy enough... I go plenty of nights not seeing anything.

Guns are nice, gotta pay for them on a rental basis but I mainly just kill with the standard gun and pick up ones out in the field.

It's cheaper than CoD4 and for a quick shoot-em-up, kill some, own some, and have fun in a clan.

Just last night, a ton of my clan... like 8 of us... just playing together, very fun... on Ventrillo too so alot of trash talking.

Try it out... no grind per se so easy to hop in and have fun.

I'm still not exactly sure what type of game you're looking for but I currently play Requiem http://www.playrequiem.com

Its a free mmorpg but it is M-rated. As far as the community in-game goes I have never had any problems and everyone seems cool so far and helpful.
I will state this about the in-game chat... The region chat is only available to paying players. Free players have access to local chat for a sizable area around the player, party chat, guild chat and whisper/pm to any specific player. There is a manageable friend list for quick access to your friends currently online.

They are releasing a big update tonight so the version 3.0 client should be available for download. What this update means is that a lot of players may be returning to the game or rerolling chars to try out the new race being added so there should be a fair amount of players in the starting areas again for you to interact with.

Basic pointers for anyone who wants to try it out - I recommend joining the Valdes server as that seems to be the most populous of the 3 servers. Also research the races/classes first since you cannot just pick a race and then choose any class. What class you want to play will dictate what race you pick in character creation. http://requiem-wiki.org or the official site's forums provide quite a bit of detail about the game.

While it's not perfect it is impressive for a free mmorpg. I personally have a lot of fun with it and have certainly gotten many hours of solid entertainment from it in these few months since its release.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back