What is a juggalo?

Droogs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I was hanging out with friends from high school and someone mentioned that "Did you know so-and-so is a juggalo now?" This didn't make much sense to me and I asked further what that exactly entailed, and they didn't know how to describe it other than he wears big close that have ICP on them.

Can anyone explain what this phenomenon is and what it is all about? I'm asking this because it just seems like something I would normally just make fun of after seeing him.

lbc3ddf8dd65adf50d171fevu5.jpg

This is a Juggalo.

[quote name='Brak']
lbc3ddf8dd65adf50d171fevu5.jpg

This is a Juggalo.[/quote]

That ain't no juggalo, that's our OTTing buddy Rocko.

I was actually going to post that same picture too, you SOB.

A Juggalo (male) or Juggalette (if female) is a member of the group that has grown up around the fanbase of the Michigan rap/horrorcore group Insane Clown Posse (ICP), and related recording artists at Psychopathic Records. Much of the predominant philosophy of the group stems from the Dark Carnival, a mythology that was carried as a theme in six ICP albums known as the 6 Joker's Cards.
Violent J explained the term's origins in the ICP biography, Behind the Paint, saying that during a live performance of "The Juggla" from the Carnival of Carnage album, he had spontaneously addressed the audience: "What about you Juggalo? Are there any Juggalos in here?", and the name stuck. He also said in the 2002 Wraith seminar that he does not like the word "Juggalette" because now many people think that the word "Juggalo" only refers to the male fanbase; it in fact refers to all fans, male or female. Regardless, some prefer the term "Juggalette" to refer to members of the female fanbase, as evidenced by the "Miss Juggalette" pageant held yearly at the Gathering of the Juggalos.
In the book Behind the Paint, Violent J, Joseph Bruce, details the adoption of several slang terms that have been incorporated into juggalo subculture, including "juggalo", "ninja", and "neden". Ninja is also interchangeable with juggalo, as "homie" or friend. Neden is a slang term for a vagina. A more recent alias to the Juggalo name is samurai , meaning an older/experienced Juggalo.
The Juggalos (also referred to as the Juggalo Family) started in the early 1990s. As seen in other subcultures, from parallels in music came parallels in interests, style, and slang. Facepainting in the style of ICP and other Psychopathic Records artists is a common practice at Juggalo-oriented social activities.
Also, characteristic of the Juggalos is devotion to the inexpensive soft drink Faygo, popularized by ICP.[1][2]

It means that you're a fan of the Insane Clown Posse. The female fans are called "Juggalettes". If you're not sure what ICP is, I find that two words generally sum it up: rapping clowns.

As a Hot Topic employee, it's been my experience that Juggalos generally have very pungent body odor. Also, they try to steal a lot.

[quote name='Brak']

This is a Juggalo.[/QUOTE]

Dear lord tell me thats not an actual "look" and that person just has serious issues....

I thought ICP was like....way over. Are there lots of these people? Finding this out makes me wonder about.....a lot of things.

[quote name='Liquid 2']They hold a yearly gathering?
*shudder*[/QUOTE]

They should read The Last Feast of Harlequin by Ligotti, and act that out.

Actually they shouldn't. It's a rather gruesome tale.

dracki7.png

"What is a Juggalo? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

[quote name='Stoneage']Funny, but Brak (the real, cartoon Brak) looks like one, too.[/QUOTE]
Lies.

One of my best friend's few character flaws is that he associates himself with these morons. He also used to work at hot topic, so they seem to go hand in hand.

At least he's been somewhat involved with the band as a groupie and such before, more than just looking like a homeless eskimo like most of these assholes do.

[quote name='Brak']
dracki7.png

"What is a Juggalo? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"
[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:hahahah. [/endthread]

[quote name='jer7583']At least he's been somewhat involved with the band as a groupie and such before, more than just looking like a homeless eskimo like most of these assholes do.[/quote]

i really hope you mean roadie.

my friend bought an icp record years ago and we'd put it on at get-togethers as a joke. its fun music in small doses, at least whichever album he had was, but the idea that anyone would take their music seriously enough to actually let it influence their lifestyle is baffling to me.

I liked a few of ICP's songs. Enough to buy a few cd's. The majority of their stuff is just too hokey for me.

However, when it comes to Twiztid, I dig their stuff alot more.

What really cracks me up about this thread are all the fuckers that come out from under every rock imagineable and shit on those that like ICP. Its as if these people lead such perfect lives and dont have a single flaw to be made fun of. Congrats to those of you who think their shit dont stink.

I used to be a HUGE ICP fan, but I actually got tired of them a few months before I was amazed at them actually getting MTV play. Some of their stuff is still good in my book, but I don't listen to them as much since I got heavy into Breaking Benjamin :D Plus, I still laugh at the thought of Mike Awesome giving Shaggy 2 Dope an Awesome Bomb on top of his 70s bus in WCW and him sliding off the side. Good stuff.

[quote name='Will']I liked a few of ICP's songs. Enough to buy a few cd's. The majority of their stuff is just too hokey for me.

What really cracks me up about this thread are all the fuckers that come out from under every rock imagineable and shit on those that like ICP. Its as if these people lead such perfect lives and dont have a single flaw to be made fun of. Congrats to those of you who think their shit dont stink.[/quote]

Thinking two clowns who spray cheap soda and make total trash for music suck doesn't mean our shit doesn't stink, it means we have an opinion.

I shit on you for buying their CD's and supporting their terrible music... but that's just my opinion. :D Live with it.

[quote name='javeryh']I am fucking OLD.[/QUOTE]

One day I looked at the "Emo" thing and honestly said to myself "Damn kids, dont they realize they look like shit?"... I'd agree, fucking OLD.

I knew I had to click on this thread the second I read the post title. I expected more pictures!

I'm not into ICP's music in any way whatsoever, but I honestly found myself intrigued watching an interview with one of them detailing their business empire. They seem to freely acknowledge the moneymaking aspect of their endeavors. It may not sound noble but it's honest, I guess.

[quote name='beane316']I used to be a HUGE ICP fan, but I actually got tired of them a few months before I was amazed at them actually getting MTV play. Some of their stuff is still good in my book, but I don't listen to them as much since I got heavy into Breaking Benjamin Plus, I still laugh at the thought of Mike Awesome giving Shaggy 2 Dope an Awesome Bomb on top of his 70s bus in WCW and him sliding off the side. Good stuff.[/quote]

I have no idea what any of this means.

Are you taking the pot? You're killing your mother, you know!

[quote name='Cornfedwb']One day I looked at the "Emo" thing and honestly said to myself "Damn kids, dont they realize they look like shit?"... I'd agree, fucking OLD.[/quote]

Nah nobody here is old. It is just that Metal itself is not the trend and the problem is still Ra.....I mean hip hop???????? How did rap turn into Hip Hop???

Still under those "clown faces" thee just a bunch of momma boys who lives lives of lesiure from there daddies slaving away ( or vice versa). In the end
they will be bums or your average father.

The only real juggalo.
badugtk4.png

In a future not to far off. One man stands against all. Where crime parades in laughter and a white face where evil never rest.....dannnnn naa naa naa da na naa naa na da na na.... ( you know the rest )

Let the juggalo revolution begin:applause: Then were going to have a bunch of T's running around ......

I don't know if it's because we're both from Texas, but for the rest of this thread, everyone assume I'm saying the same thing as tiredfornow because I agree with each response so far.

[quote name='Will']

[/quote]

I fully agree. Twiztid is way fucking better than ICP.

I enjoy listening to ICP every once in awhile. I have not heard any of there newer stuff though. The last album I have is The Amazing Jeckel Brothers.

[quote name='Dkellar']I enjoy listening to ICP every once in awhile. I have not heard any of there newer stuff though. The last album I have is The Amazing Jeckel Brothers.[/QUOTE]

Same here and I pretty much hated that album compared to their stuff before it.

Some of their songs are funny, and they put on wild concerts (or at least they did 9-10 years ago when I saw them) but it's a phase that I grew out of.

To be fair, I never looked anything like that fat idiot in the picture towards the front of the thread.

bread's done
Back