What, is Domino's like a high-end pizzeria now?

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
Because they're f*cking charging like they are.

I've been a pretty notorious Domino's hater, right. Unfortunately, most of our pizza delivery places have closed down recently (weird, I know). My good friend convinced me last night that we needed a provolone/jalapeno pizza (great pizza combo, by the way.) Options at 10pm are scarce, due to aforementioned shortage of delivery stores unless you want to go high-end. Well, Domino's is cheap right - "well, ok then, let's do this." He makes a call. Now, I don't know if this is the same in your area but check this out:

One two topping large pizza (which looks pretty medium sized to me) and an order of bread for $25, which is a special... then they add $2, automatically.. I doubt that's for the driver (what a double-dip - fellow cheapassers, this $2 is bothering me even the next day). Then tax, then tip.

$32 for one "medium" sized pizza and some fucking bread.

Mmm... yum BREAD. That's like having a glass of milk after going to f*cking Baskin Robbins?? After I handed over a few hours wages for my pizza I thought, why didn't I order from a gourmet pizzeria???

I'm already anticipating a few notorious CAG's who love shit like Arby's touting how "gourmet" their wings are. You need to get out more if you think those are anywhere near "good wings".

EDIT: Just to point out --- I didn't do the ordering. Also, he DID use a coupon. Maybe our local prices are being gouged because competition is low. I recall a 5-5-5 deal but it doesn't appear to be availble at our location. I'm almost po'ed enough to scan the coupons for you guys. So are they charging this delivery fee for everyone too or is this another perk of the Santa Cruz Domino's?

I got screwed by Domino's once - I call up and ask if they have any deals and the guy is like "no"

Later on, on the tv they have this commercial where you can get a huge pizza for a great price (it was a bigass party)

F all those places. I dont eat dairy much anymore, but if others are buying I'll never go with anyone other then papas.

The best thing about Domino's is that you can order online so the cock-knockers on the phone can't mess up your order. And seriously, it is cheaper than just about any other pizza place near where I live except Marco's which is just as bad.

Little Caesar's is where it's at. Go to K-Mart, grab some clearance games, by the time you're done shopping your $5 large one topping pizza is ready. Get some crazy bread and sauce and BAM, heaven.

[quote name='TimPV3']Little Caesar's is where it's at. Go to K-Mart, grab some clearance games, by the time you're done shopping your $5 large one topping pizza is ready. Get some crazy bread and sauce and BAM, heaven.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. The pizza is pretty good and damn cheap, and that crazy bread - I lived on that stuff when I was in college. Damn. Now I'm hungry.

Anyone have a Cici's nearby?

I ordered a large pizza, an order of cheesesticks and some cinnamon rolls.. turns out the cheesestick order was rougly the size of the pizza, there was like 48 cinnamon rolls in that tiny order.. the order was enough to feed a small country, it was just for myself and two friends.. god it was a ton of food.. it was $15. $5 for the pizza, $5 for the cheesesticks, $5 for the cinnamon rolls. Cici's FTW!

www.cicispizza.com

See if there's one near you!

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone have a Cici's nearby?

I ordered a large pizza, an order of cheesesticks and some cinnamon rolls.. turns out the cheesestick order was rougly the size of the pizza, there was like 48 cinnamon rolls in that tiny order.. the order was enough to feed a small country, it was just for myself and two friends.. god it was a ton of food.. it was $15. $5 for the pizza, $5 for the cheesesticks, $5 for the cinnamon rolls. Cici's FTW!

www.cicispizza.com

See if there's one near you![/quote]
They've been running commercials for a $5 all-you-can-eat pizza buffet, but we don't have any near us. Sounds like a hell of a deal.

How was the pizza? Is it similar to any other pizza places?

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone have a Cici's nearby?

www.cicispizza.com

See if there's one near you![/QUOTE]

Cici's is the nastiest fucking place around here - I'm really surprised the one here isn't getting hosed for health food violations, because it's so dirty on the inside.

They used to be really good but now it's like they just stopped caring.

And the OP got hosed at Domino's... who the hell pays $32 for a medium pizza?

Evilmax, the pizza here tastes like shit, but when they are cranking them out all day for the buffet and shit at such low prices, I really didn't expect anything awesome. The term "flavored cardboard" comes to mind.

Maybe it's different elsewhere.

Yeah probably the last time I order Dominos I do love their greasy brooklyn style pizza but 1 Large 2 Topping + 1 2 liter of coke = 19.85 I had no idea it was a 15 dollar pizza Christ. Could of gotten 2 large pizzas at that price sheesh.

New%20Sign%20Pizza%201.jpg

The Hungry Howie's by me has a wednesday special, so I ended up paying $6.23 for a pretty good pizza last night, large pepperoni with butter cheese crust.

Might be a California thing in regards to those prices? I dont know...

A large, two topping pizza from Genuardi's (a child franchise supermarket of Safeway) makes the best weekend pizzas - Fri, Sat, Sun any such pizza is $4.99!

I don't think there are any Dominoes left nearby, and Little Ceasars left a long time ago. There are literally hundreds of pizza shops in Philadelphia, most small, and shops within supermarkets. The only big pizza players are Papa Johns (overpriced, but good) and Pizza Hut (overpriced, mediocre).

coltyhuxx,

Did you actually see the ticket with the price and items? While I kind of doubt it's easy to pull off at a national chain store, there are stories out there of local places making up/tweaking prices, so that the employees can pocket the extra money, although this might be an extra five-spot, not an extra fifteen.

You apparently do live in Cali (EDIT: As in, cost of living), so I have to imagine that factors in somewhat, too. And it sounds like that particular Domino's has the late-night power and knows it.

The cheapest pizzeria's are Cici's, Little Ceasars, and now Pizza Patron. I'm pretty sure we only have PP here in Texas, but it's 5 bucks for a large pepperoni ALL the time. It's also the only thing on the menu. :D

Any pizza cooked on a conveyor belt is not real pizza. They should come up with another name for it because it's just disgusting. Dominos, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Uno's, etc. I wouldn't eat that shit if you paid me (OK, I would but you get my point).

$32 for Dominos is a total rip off - I can get 2 large pies for that amount at any local pizzaria that would taste about a billion times better. I don't know how people live anywhere besides the tri-state area except for maybe Chicago because they have some pretty good deep dish pizza... I'd go mental without good pizza.

Yep, you got hosed.​

The Little Caeser's "hot and ready" deal is the way to go. Additional toppings are only $1.50 each.​

:applause: Zenithian. We ate the hell outta some $5 pepperoni pizza on Tuesday.​

I was touting the merits of Little Caesars 8 months ago, and you people ripped me for it (especially Demo Man). Good to see some of you are finally coming to your Cheap Ass senses.

Little Ceasers is fucking disgusting, as is Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, and any other franchise except for Round Table.

Vinnie's Pizza Place in Pittsburgh has the best pizza in the US. I dare you to go there and say it sucks.

Dominos is shit. Even the 5+5+5 deal is a ripoff because of how it tastes. Getting frozen pizza is a better deal than that. Little Ceasers is average, while not great, their crazy bread makes up for their pizza quality.

[quote name='javeryh']Any pizza cooked on a conveyor belt is not real pizza. They should come up with another name for it because it's just disgusting. Dominos, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Uno's, etc. I wouldn't eat that shit if you paid me (OK, I would but you get my point).[/quote]

I wouldn't put Uno's in that list.

yea ever since I worked at Pizza Hutt back in 1996, I noticed that medium size is actually the new LARGE and Extra Large is the new Large. Why the fuck did they all of a sudden SHRINK THE DAMN PIZZA!!!

One time I got a coupon at work for a large 3 topping pizza for free. Took it to Dominos and ordered a cheese stick side. Even though I gave the coupon early on, and my credit card, he never said the total and since I was in a rush, I signed and took it back to my car and waited for the order. A few minutes later I looked at the receipt and the fucker charged me like nearly 20 bucks!!!!!!!!! on something that should have cost me about 5 bucks. So I went back and apparently he confessed that he ignored the coupon and charged me for the pizza and toppings. But he refunded me the amount to the card. still WTF!!>?!?!

Seriously 95% of the time I go over to a local "NY style" pizza place (yea in Northern VA) and the pizza is a lot cheaper and a lot better then pappa's domino's and PH.

Cici's well I tried it once earlier this year when my gf took me to the buffet. NASTY CHEAPASS PIZZA I HAVE EVER HAD! :(

[quote name='camoor']I got screwed by Domino's once - I call up and ask if they have any deals and the guy is like "no"

Later on, on the tv they have this commercial where you can get a huge pizza for a great price (it was a bigass party)

F all those places. I dont eat dairy much anymore, but if others are buying I'll never go with anyone other then papas.[/quote]

Well to match their quality pizza they higher onlllly the finesst employees.

I recall recently seeing an add on TV for their garlic crust pizza. "HERE IT COMES AMERICA!!! GARLIC F*CKING CRUST!!! COME OWNNNN!! "

AND it also came in a full page flier in the mail.

Same thing that you said when I call, "No, we don't have that?"

"Really? It's advertised every where though... maybe your franchise just doesn't carry it... its supposed to be $12.99.. i have a coupon code here would that help?"

"I have no idea what your talking about. That's not us" Just kind of defiant, like maybe I'm making this up...

"Have you heard of the Special Olympics?"

"No... why?"

"It's just an event I think maybe you should sign up for."

[quote name='Thongsy']Dominos is shit. Even the 5+5+5 deal is a ripoff because of how it tastes. Getting frozen pizza is a better deal than that. Little Ceasers is average, while not great, their crazy bread makes up for their pizza quality.[/quote]

I can get 2 frozen California Pizza Kitchen pizzas for roughly $11. Much better than Dominoes. Though I did used to love me some Dominoes back in the day!

[quote name='masked lemon']Little Ceasers is fucking disgusting, as is Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, and any other franchise except for Round Table.

Vinnie's Pizza Place in Pittsburgh has the best pizza in the US. I dare you to go there and say it sucks.[/QUOTE]

One word: Giordano's

CiCi's is amazing! 5 dollars all you can eat, I have only been there 2 times because there are none in NY, so I have eaten there in Texas 2 times. ITS AMAZING for the price.

Also, round table pizza is the worst pizza I have ever had. I ate it and threw up 5 minutes later.

[quote name='anomynous']Little Caesars = the best pizza

recognize[/QUOTE]
Not the best, but it's definitely fine for the five bucks.

My favorite chain here is Jet's, though they're a bit more expensive than the others. The price increase is worth it. :)

My all-time favorites are the real pizza places we've got in downtown Ann Arbor. They're out of my budget, but they're amazing.

Dominos: Only order pepperoni from them... when they prepare it correctly, it is fine... WHEN

Little Caesars... most of the time it is average... Id rather pick up a 5 dollar DiGiorno from the store and fix that

CiCi's USED to be really good... even when the buffet was 3 bucks... I havent been there in about 6 years

The BEST is a local (now chain of 3 stores) called Doughboy's Pizza... the meatball pizza it the greatest

Overall, being on a health kick, dont order pizza near as much as I did a few years ago, although I still love it

[quote name='wubb']I consider Dominos to be the lowest-end pizza place actually.[/QUOTE]You've obviously never been to pizza patron (they are, however, the best "bang for your buck" pizza place: $5 for a good sized large? fuck yeah!).

[quote name='Caliburn']Might be a California thing in regards to those prices? I dont know...

A large, two topping pizza from Genuardi's (a child franchise supermarket of Safeway) makes the best weekend pizzas - Fri, Sat, Sun any such pizza is $4.99!

I don't think there are any Dominoes left nearby, and Little Ceasars left a long time ago. There are literally hundreds of pizza shops in Philadelphia, most small, and shops within supermarkets. The only big pizza players are Papa Johns (overpriced, but good) and Pizza Hut (overpriced, mediocre).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comments...relatively new here. I will have to stop by Genuardi's sometime to get a pizza. (They just finished remodelling the local store, so hopefully things are more logically organized at least.)

Costco pizza is pretty decent (and cheap) as well.

All the Minnesota CAG's who live in the metro area should know that Broadway Pizza is the best pizza in the entire state. I grew up on that stuff!

A large supreme pizza at a high end place like Lou Malnati's in Chicago isn't even close to that price. Something is up with that.

anyway, that's what you get for ordering Domino's. Going without pizza is better than eating at a chain.

I'll skimp out and wait until a AAA game, that cost millions to make, goes down to $9.99 or less, but I'll pay $20 for a good large pizza from a good place over a $5 large pizza from a chain :)

The $2 is the delivery charge. I believe Papa John's and Pizza Hut charges for delivery as well, at least where I live.

It's obvious it was some kind of mistake in charging. Some register monkey probably hit the wrong brightly color coded button.

And this whole "I hate chains" attitude is so passe. Get over yourselves. Sure, I would much rather eat at a local place, but sometimes, you gotta use a coupon, or call up a place that delivers. And "chain" pizza is better than no pizza at all. Of course, my tastes will now be ridiculed, but I don't care.

Wow, 32 bucks is insane.
Most Domino's or PJ's charge a delivery fee now, so that's pretty standard. Some local places don't, but YMMV.
I think our delivery fees are 1.79 and 1.50 or something like that, not more than 2 bucks. Still, they're both within two miles of here so I just pick it up--get it quicker (esp on Fri or Sat nights) and save at least five dollars.
We'll eat at Cici's sometimes when we go to Walmart because it's decent and cheap-my wife and I and my boy can eat for like 7 bucks. And while their pizza is mostly average, they do offer pasta alfredo and those yummy cinnamon things, those are worth it right there (if they're fresh).
We just ordered PJ's tonight--3 medium pizzas with 5 toppings each and an order of wings for 28.00 (minus a 10.00 GC for trying Gamefly). Domino's is a little more expensive, but 32 for a single pizza is a ripoff--I think the last time we ordered from there, it was just over 20 bucks for two pizzas and wings or chicken fingers (plus tip).

You do have to watch them sometimes, sometimes they just screw up and sometimes they do it on purpose. We ordered pickup from a local "New York style" pizza place, which was much more expensive than PJ's or D's. Had a coupon, buy one, get one half off. Okay, that'll help. We order two large two toppings. I go to pick it up, the guy deducts 5.00. I say, Excuse me? Oh, it's a max of 5.00. I say, Um, no, it's not. Firstly, nowhere on the coupon or on the ad or on your menu does it say that. Second, that's misleading as hell, since the absolute cheapest pizza I can buy is 11.00, so in that case, this "half off" capped at 5 bucks would be half off *nothing*, which I call fraud. They didn't want to do it, but I raised enough hell (respectfully but firmly) so they did. Bonus: they had already knocked off 5.00, so we got one pizza almost free. Of course, I haven't seen coupons from them since then, but I'd rather see no coupons than dishonest ones. Haven't eaten there since.

Used to love Little Caesars as a kid, esp. the square pizzas and the crazy bread/sauce. Thinking back, it's actually one of the greasiest pizzas, and it started going downhill once they started using cardboard boxes. Haven't had LCs in at least 12 years.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']It's obvious it was some kind of mistake in charging. Some register monkey probably hit the wrong brightly color coded button.

And this whole "I hate chains" attitude is so passe. Get over yourselves. Sure, I would much rather eat at a local place, but sometimes, you gotta use a coupon, or call up a place that delivers. And "chain" pizza is better than no pizza at all. Of course, my tastes will now be ridiculed, but I don't care.[/QUOTE]

how can taste in food be passe? I'm not above portioning out a large Papa John's pizza over the course of dinner, then breakfast and lunch the next day when money's tight, but that doesn't mean I like it. it's nasty.

And taste is relative. Some people think spending 300$ on a bottle of wine signifies 'taste' in more than one way, some people think snails or hog jowls or fish eggs are yummy. I personally prefer PJ's over Domino's.
Saying "I can't stand X" is one thing, saying "it's nasty" is another.
Like if I were to say I played GTA III and VC when I got a good deal on it. That didn't mean I liked it, it was an awful game. While I truly didn't like it and actually pretty much despise the 'sandbox' games, I will admit that reflects only my personal taste and not necessarily the quality of the game. (Disclaimer: Of course some things truly are objectively bad--if PJ's or another place used nasty water or rotten tomatoes, or if a game was seven minutes worth of shovelware programming, it usually shows.)
Also personally, if I thought something was nasty, I wouldn't eat it at all, much less pay for it, even when "money is tight" (again, disclaimer: obvious scenarios such as medicine or things you eat based on the situation you're in are exceptions).
Sort of like beer--once I was old enough to go into a liquor store and buy stuff, I realized life was too short to drink cheap beer I didn't like (which was primarily what was offered in a college environment).

bread's done
Back