What Is The All-Time Worst Game You Have Ever Paid Full Price For?

[quote name='javeryh']Full price? Probably Yoshi's Story for $60.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Was conned into believing it was a true sequel to Yoshi's Island. Imagine my anger when I beat it after one hour.

[quote name='dualedge2']Probably Banjo-Kazooie and Resident Evil 5 (I know I'll get flamed for those two). I paid full price for both and thought both with fairly average games.

It's not that they were terrible, just average, but I wish I had waited for them to go down in price or some deal.

Aside from those two, I really haven't had any purchases that I truly regret.

And I'm probably going to regret saying that... -_-[/QUOTE]

you mean the banjo kazooie for the 360 right? i can see why youd be dissappointed in that but if you mean the n64 one well sir id have to disagree. but yeah re5 was a dissappointment. story was crap and as much as i dont miss the old controls i miss the old emphasis on overwhelming odds and the dead walking about eating people. and scary as shit intimidating enemies and bosses.

[quote name='fizzywix']Daikatana[/QUOTE]

Wow I have not heard that name in a long time. I remember when the ads for the game boasting "John Romero about to make you his bitch" back in like 1997 and the game finally came out in early 2000 correct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bitchad.jpg
File:Bitchad.jpg

The Power Rangers game for Sega Genesis for $50. I thought it was like the SNES beat-em-up version, but it turned out to be a horrible fighting game.

Now that I think about it, I have never payed full price for a bad game (besides downloadable titles which are cheap anyways). I know the biggest regret I ever felt was when I traded all of my SNES games at Gamestop for a used copy of Art of Fighting. I remember going home and playing for an hour and having this sick feeling like "what did I just do."

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']wrestlemaina xix. Bought it for gamecube back to eb in 15 minutes. There were allready 20 used ones when I got back![/QUOTE]
"its no mercy 2" they said

Game 1: X-Wing Alliance. It's actually one of the top 10 games I've played in my life, but when I bought my computer wouldn't run it! Took me 3 years before I upgraded my computer to finally play it, and by then it was dirty cheap lol;

Game 2: Now, for the real turd, I'm gonna go with ... tadada-da, Superman 64. Yes, I bought it at R$ 200,00 Reals at the time, wich would be roughly US$ 120,00 dollars at the time. Oh, if only I knew what I was getting myself into...

I can't remember all the games on the old systems but the only PC game I paid full price for: Spore really disappointed me. I read the idea in a magazine in like 2003 so was casually looking forward to it for 5 years lol.

[quote name='Quillion']I loved this game.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I'm still ticked off that the douche named Lucas M. Thomas gave it a 4.0 over at IGN Wii, but that he gave the sequel (DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure) a 7.5. You might think that if I liked the original, than given the scores I would like the sequel twice as much. But the first was actually such an insanely fun game for me growing up that I have to expect that the moron just doesn't know what a good game is. As a result I have never played the sequel. Which brings up a good opportunity for me to ask, has anyone here who liked the original actually played the sequel? How is it? (I would like to try it, but don't want to waste $9 on a bad download. I already did that for one of the games I am about to list here.)

As for the topic, my first entry would be FIFA 64. For some reason this game flew under the radar of every game publication. No one had previewed it or even mentioned it was in development, much less reviewed it. But it showed up in Best Buy one day for either $75 or $80. Well, I happened to have that much money on me. And I love soccer. And I usually like soccer videogames. I got home and vowed to never buy another EA game. And I didn't for about 10 years. The main problem with the game was an extreme delay between pressing a button and the response on TV.

And the other is a game I have been looking forward to for months, thanks to the Nintendo team at IGN hyping it up so much. So when it was announced last week that this week's Nintendo Shop update would feature Eduardo The Samurai Toaster, I determined to dl it first thing on Monday. Well, I did. And I am sorry. Everything the review released yesterday afternoon says is true x10. I think the 5.7 they gave it is extra generous.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Spider-Man and X-Men in Arcade's Revenge. I never got past the second level because it was SO. DAMN. HARD.[/QUOTE]

:wall: +1

Spider-Man and X-Men in Arcade's Revenge. I never got past the second level because it was SO. DAMN. HARD.
[quote name='latinsword']:wall: +1[/QUOTE]

and here I thought it was just hard because I was young when playing it.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']NBA Hangtime on N64. Retail at like SEARS on release date was like $85 or $90.[/QUOTE]

Really. While that price is ridiculous I loved that game (and the sequel, Showtime, on the Dreamcast was even better). Not a great singleplayer game but the multiplayer is probably my favorite non-shooter multiplayer game ever.

On a related note, I'd say the sequel to Showtime, NBA Hoopz was my worst full-price game. They changed the two on two to three on three and it completely ruined the experience. I put it on ebay the next day.

I was desperate for a fighting game on the Nintendo 64 (I didn't own a Playstation up until 2001 or so). So when I saw Clayfighter 63 1/3, I had to have it. Got it for $76 and was severely disappointed as soon as I played the first match. It sucks that you can gauge how crappy a game is within the first 5 minutes.

I paid full price for Hellgate London the day it came out... Ouch. I really should have read reviews. I learned a VALUABLE lesson from that. I've owned worse like a NES game called Dash Galaxy or something (takes place in space and you have a guy that looks like a cross between Johnny Bravo and Simon Belmont from Captain N the gamemaster). However, i did not pay for that.

Virtua Fighter 4. The game sucked so hard that I felt sick to my stomach paying full price for it. Luckily I was able to shrink wrap it and return it.

Weird, since I really like Virtua Fighter 5.

Cruisin' USA for the N64 - $85.

I had Mario64 and Pilotwings at launch, and after that there was nothing to play. I saw this game a few weeks later and picked it up at that outrageous price because I desperately wanted something to play. I regretted the purchase immediately.

Auto Modellista for PS2. - I bought this game purely based on it's cel shaded good looks. And thats about all it had going for it.

[quote name='Fertil1ty']Halo. Torrented but felt it was a waste of HD space and life. Most overrated games of all time.[/QUOTE]

I though Halo was great. It really opened me up to playing FPS.

The subsequent Halos, 2 and 3 were complete let downs. Halo 3 graphics were terrible. You'd expect more from a Mircosoft backed title.

[quote name='Quillion']Why hasn't anyone mentioned Pool of Radiance yet? Any PC game that fucks up your registry on install and corrupts system files on the uninstall has to deserve top honors.

I had to reinstall my OS (Win 98, natch) to get my computer running again.[/QUOTE]

It took me a second to realize you were talking about Ruins of Myth Drannor. :) The original on my C64 is still one of my favorite games of all time. They patched that problem, but that was a disaster.

My wost sin of paying full price: ECW Hardcore Revolution. I can see the developers meeting now... Your mission: reskin WWF Attitude with all the ECW stuff adding in as little as possible.

[quote name='Puffa469']Cruisin' USA for the N64 - $85.

I had Mario64 and Pilotwings at launch, and after that there was nothing to play. I saw this game a few weeks later and picked it up at that outrageous price because I desperately wanted something to play. I regretted the purchase immediately.
[/QUOTE]

That was severely disappointing. I loved the arcade game so much, it is still one of my favorite arcade games of all time. I spent a shit ton of quarters playing this at the arcade.

Vigilante 8, it's ok now but I hated it at the time. I bought Tomb Raider right after that and loved it, my brother opened the shrinkwrap on it and put it on Vigilante 8 and used only one sliver of scotch tape to hold it together, we returned it and got all nervous when the guy was inspecting it but it worked! I was only 11 or 12 so in retrospect it was dishonest but at the time it was that or eat $50 for a shitty game.

I had Mario64 and Pilotwings at launch, and after that there was nothing to play. I saw this game a few weeks later and picked it up at that outrageous price because I desperately wanted something to play. I regretted the purchase immediately.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I loved that game. I had Cruisin' World too.

Cruisi'n USA wasn't a bad game, surely not as fun as in the arcade though. However, I'd be pretty mad if I bought it at full price! I gave that game a go with 2 rentals, then never played it again.

Bully. While not necessarily a bad game, I really disliked it and paid full price for it. Otherwise, I have always researched and waited for reviews before I went to buy a game so I really don't have any others I can think of.

Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition. Terrible single player, ugly graphics, imprecise controls. A complete reversal from the original. The hype and 360 launch suckered me into buying it. Ugh.

Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2: Rouge Leader for the Gamecube. It had gotten so many glowing reviews I figured I'd really like it. I was wrong. Either that or Mercs 2. I was so excited for the game, as the original Mercs was one of my favorite xbox games ever. It's actually one of the only games I've ever bought for full price on launch day. Now I know why I don't buy games for full price on launch day.

Auto Modellista for PS2. - I bought this game purely based on it's cel shaded good looks. And thats about all it had going for it.[/QUOTE]

i never got the appeal of the crusin usa type games id see people in the arcade dropping so much money on them boggled the mind. now mario 64 was one of the best games i ever payed full price for same for oot.

question how come the fighting vipers series never got put on the consoles?

[quote name='Socheata']I was desperate for a fighting game on the Nintendo 64 (I didn't own a Playstation up until 2001 or so). So when I saw Clayfighter 63 1/3, I had to have it. Got it for $76 and was severely disappointed as soon as I played the first match. It sucks that you can gauge how crappy a game is within the first 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Thats the exact same reason I bought Dark Rift. I spent two months of hard-earned paper route money on that steaming pile.

Alright, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't worth full price, especially to a 7th grader.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Blood Wake for Xbox on day one... I read way too much into the hype about the TOTALLY AWESOME water... and didn't realize the game blew so hard... I was sad.[/QUOTE]

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bloodwake/ Click on the trailers for Epicness!

The most I paid for a crappy game? That's a tough one since I always read reviews before going to buy (unless I'm REALLY sure It's going to be good). I guess Dead Rising even thought it was rated good.

MLB 2k6 for GameCube. I have no idea why I got this. Paid $40 for it at Target.

I bought Beast Wars for PC. I installed it but couldn't figure out how to control it and was able to return it surprisingly. The good ol days of Software Etc.

I nearly bought Superman 64. I wanted to play it but the video store didn't have it. My mom talked me out of buying it and I did rent it at the video store. Utter piece of crap.

[quote name='icedrake523']MLB 2k6 for GameCube. I have no idea why I got this. Paid $40 for it at Target.

I bought Beast Wars for PC. I installed it but couldn't figure out how to control it and was able to return it surprisingly. The good ol days of Software Etc.

I nearly bought Superman 64. I wanted to play it but the video store didn't have it. My mom talked me out of buying it and I did rent it at the video store. Utter piece of crap.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. If I had saved the money I spent on Superman 64 and invested it on the stock market here, I'd be around US$ 200,00 richer :p

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']WCW Thunder, which taught me to stick with the N64 for wrestling games.[/QUOTE]

this.....bought it for 40 which was full price at the time i was pretty young at the time also so it was alot of bread to me, i loved wrestling then (hate it now). But yeah. Horrible game.

SPOT, NES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cQkFb8s2Q4

A long time ago my parents made us children very happy by telling us we got to pick out a NEW and FULL PRICED video game for the family for Christmas. However, when we were at the store my parents pulled out a list of games that were "appropriate" for children that was in a Readers Digest type magazine (no violence at all or in any way was allowed.) While my parents were practicing very good parenting, it turned out that the only game on that list the store had was SPOT; a game based on the red dot that resides between the "7" and the "UP" on 7UP soft drinks. The game certainly had no violence as it was a board game you could play on your TV.

[quote name='Fayt13']Superman 64...

This is my confession for the year.[/QUOTE]

I wanted this game SO HARD when it came out. This was before I read reviews in any magazine other than Nintendo Power, which gave it somewhere around a 7.5, IIRC. I remember going to the game and anime shop and seeing it under the glass counter and wishing I could save up enough money. I did, eventually, but I bought a Game Boy color and Link's Awakening instead.

I only recently got to revel in the horror when I found the game for five bucks at a flea market. I know I overpaid.

bread's done
Back