What is the best deal you have ever gotten?

My best deal, that would have to be a toss up between the 2 Hunter games for Xbox that I just bought at a thrift store 2 weeks ago for $2.45. Sadly, the second one, Redeemer, was just stuffed into the case for Reckoning and neither had instruction manuals.

The other would be all the games I swapped into FYE to get enough credit up to buy a slim PStwo(after rebate deal, if they ever get the fucking thing right) for about $32.

And of course, my recent purchase of MAT2 for XBox for $2 from a local Kmart.

21 sealed, just-released XBOX, PS2, and GCN games + a NIB XBox wireless adapter - $220 total at game store owner's garage sale in late 2004

FFI NES - $5 at a flea market

Complete NES system + 8 games + complete Dreamcast system + 5 games - $6 at a garage sale

And not game-related, but I got an $1100 Knoll Platner coffee table at a garage sale for $80 yesterday :)

Hmm... the best deals I've gotten that I can think of are Final Fantasy VII PC (new) for $10 back in 2000, Bust A Groove (used, complete) for about $15 back around 2002-2003, and the Dreamcast maracas (used, complete) for $40, also around 2002-2003.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Earthbound for $3[/QUOTE]

Oddley enough I picked up Earthbound for 3.00 at the flea market this morning.

Let's go down the list of deals I have gotten:

2 Brand New Nintendo DSs for about 50 bucks out of pocket through trade-ins at Gamerush.

PSP Used for 40 out of pocket through trade-ins at Gamestop.

PS2 New cost me 30 bucks out of pocket through trade-ins at EB.

Gamecube New for 20 bucks out of pocket from a friend which I sold for 90 bucks before they dropped the retail price of $99.

Greatest system deal of them all: Premium Xbox 360 with about 200 bucks through trade-ins at Gamerush.

[quote name='cdeener']Let's go down the list of deals I have gotten:

2 Brand New Nintendo DSs for about 50 bucks out of pocket through trade-ins at Gamerush.

PSP Used for 40 out of pocket through trade-ins at Gamestop.

PS2 New cost me 30 bucks out of pocket through trade-ins at EB.

Greatest system deal of them all: Premium Xbox 360 with about 200 bucks through trade-ins at Gamerush.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I don't really consider these "deals"...anyone can do this! A deal is finding something at an excellent price...not having to work for it.

Every video ame in the world, complete, for free.

Just kidding. No, really, I'm kidding. But I did get an SNES, mint complete Secret of Mana, FFII, Super Castlevania IV, the 3 Star Wars Games, MK, Young Merlin, and about eight other complete games for $75.00.

lot.jpg

FinalFantasyII.jpg

mana.jpg

castlevaniaiv.jpg

About 8 months ago I got a call at work from my g/f telling me she was at good will and they had some nintendo games she was going to get for me.

So when I got home I see this big green laundry tub in the middle of the living room with a piece of tape on it that said $20. Inside was a complete NES with two official nintendo game storage things with 35 mint games inside all with instructions and one of those nintendo guides that covers almost all of the first party games. Also there was a complete SNES inside with 4 games w/ instructions one of the games was FFII. Was a nice $20 gift to come home to.

Also I picked up a mint mini SNES at a garage sale for $15 a while back.

During the last B2G1 sale at ebgames I found a Metal Gear Solid: Limited Edition and sold it on ebay the next day. Ended up getting $240 for it. Not really a deal, but rather sheer luck. Lucky is better than good though . . .

I bought a PS1 at a rummage sale for $2. Got 13 NES games and a couple controllers for 50 cents each at a garage sale (including: Double Dragon 3, Mike Tyson Punch-Out, TMNT, SMB2).

I bought a SMS, Dreamcast, 2 genesis', Saturn, and a bunch of games and accessories in one eBay auction for $62 shipped.

I found Suikoden II, sans instruction booklet, for $5 at a rental store. I even peeled off the horrible CD cover they had on it without tearing the label off the CD.

bread's done
Back