what is the best game trade site?

veedubkid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was about to just start trading on CAG so I went to Cag trading and the first post I saw was about steve mcfadden and I am weary of ever being scammed so I will pay to trade period. I am on sayswap and everybody there hordes so I need to know what everyone thinks of their favorite game trade site. Thanks to all who post, Jay

If this is in the wrong forum either
a. shoot me
b. move it
and 3. tell me where to put it [:?)

[quote name='naes']CAG really is the best. If you ask me, CAG gets the least amount of scammers.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I got burned once by a scammer on here, but it was resolved by the heroic efforts of Stink_Pickle, and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

The best site for trading would be www.gametz.com. CAG would be a close second mainly because CAG doesn't do anything to facilitate trades.

Gametz has a database where you basically put in everything you have and everything you want and it will display matches.

gametz does have a much higher volume, and the matching system is much more useful than what we have here, but a lot of people put crap on their available lists that they have no intention of selling of trading.

Also a lot of the kids on there overvalue their crap, have no access to ebay so they ask higher prices than the going rate on ebay, it is a much younger demographic than here(i think?) so that is why fewer people get scammed. tho more people get scammed there because they have a lot more traffic.

These are the sites I've used:

- CAG (usually great)
- Goozex.com (Awesome! my favorite trade site)
- Sayswap.com (mostly terrible)
- gamershare.com (mostly terrible)

- playerchain.com (just started using this one. It's not the best site because it seems like some people put up fake listings for rare items at insanely low prices. Also some people set there prices up WAY too high. I have lucked out with my free points and got complete versions of Sonic Adventure 2(DC) and Pocket Fighter (PS1), and was able to trade my copy of MDK2 (PS2) for $6 there.)

I've never tried Gametz myself.

I've had some decent trading both here and on TGN.

GameTZ never really worked out for me. (Maybe made 1 or 2 trades there total.) I'd go through the list to see who had a match for a trade I felt was fair (for example I think at one point I was trying to trade Killzone for Jak 3 when they were both recently part of the same round of GH games) Offered my Killzone to everyone on the site that had Jak 3 as available and Killzone as wanted with a note that I would ship first and mine was non-GH. I think I only heard back from 1 or 2 out of the 5 or 6 who fit that mold. And neither of them were interested for whatever reason. Just seemed like a royal waste of time.

Goozex worries me because of their big free points promotion. That's just artificially adding new people in and if they don't get enough critical mass to sustain it the people taking those free points for their games will be left holding the bag. That and I'm really not interested in a site where you have to pay to trade when there are many good free options.

If you are worried about being scammed (and frankly it's good to be vigilant on that front) make your first few trades with established traders at whatever site you are hitting up. The vast majority of cases here on CAG where people actually do get scammed involve traders sending their stuff first or same time to CAG traders with 0 to very few FB. Just don't do that. Now it's still possible to be scammed by a user with lots of FB of course, but it's a lot less likely.

But mostly I 'trade' on eBay for cash.

I recommend CAG.

gametz has the best selection but setting up a trades is annoying as a new trader because everyone is suspicious of you and even after you've been trading a while so many people have hundreds and hundreds of trades under their belt that you'll be sending first quite often.

tradegamesnow I really don't like, from my experince it's full of whiney little shits who only want to trade your rare games for games worth under $5, you'll spend most of your time "entertaining" offers from people with nothing you could every possibly want on their trade list.

As far as scammers go the number of scammers on any side that have a reasonable amount of feedback (more than 5) is almost zero, just watch out when you trade with other new traders and to be on the safe side make sure that your first few trades involve cheap games, don't go sending your DS to some guy you don't know because he's giving you a great deal on a PSP.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I personally hate tradegamesnow, from my experince it's full of whiney little shits who only want to trade your rare games for games worth under $5, you'll spend most of your time "entertaining" offers from people with nothing you could every possibly want on their trade list.[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of that. Over half of my incoming offers are a generic "CML!" and the ones that do make a real offer are often along the lines of "Your Growlanser Generations for my Ultimate Spider-Man!"

[quote name='zionoverfire']and to be on the safe side make sure that your first few trades involve cheap games, don't go sending your DS to some guy you don't know because he's giving you a great deal on a PSP.[/QUOTE]

Another great point. It blows my mind that we have 0 FB traders sending off packages same time to each other worth $100+. If you do that you are an easy mark, plain and simple.

[quote name='wubb']GameTZ never really worked out for me. (Maybe made 1 or 2 trades there total.) I'd go through the list to see who had a match for a trade I felt was fair (for example I think at one point I was trying to trade Killzone for Jak 3 when they were both recently part of the same round of GH games) Offered my Killzone to everyone on the site that had Jak 3 as available and Killzone as wanted with a note that I would ship first and mine was non-GH. I think I only heard back from 1 or 2 out of the 5 or 6 who fit that mold. And neither of them were interested for whatever reason. Just seemed like a royal waste of time.[/QUOTE]

While I see where you're coming from, the match system is an added utility. There's still a huge trading forum. Nobody's making you use the match system, you know? I'd say I've made 75% of my trades through the forum, while only 25% through the match system. It's still nice to have though.

I would say I scout the CAG trading forum almost as much as the GameTZ forums, yet I've amassed about 7 times the amount of trades at GameTZ.

veedubkid - Scammers aren't really a problem for CAG nor GTZ. The mods do a really good job with that stuff. Just stick with trading with reputable traders and you'll be fine.

zionoverfire - That's not really true about GameTZ. Once you get a silver/gold star (only 25/50 trades), most traders will send the same time. I know I've been asked to send first very rarely since I had my silver star.

[quote name='wubb']There is a lot of that. Over half of my incoming offers are a generic "CML!" and the ones that do make a real offer are often along the lines of "Your Growlanser Generations for my Ultimate Spider-Man!"[/quote]
It's even worse when it comes from users who have nearly every RPG made listed in their collection (some in multiplies) but their trade list is comprised of madden 2002 and greatest hits games.

Another great point. It blows my mind that we have 0 FB traders sending off packages same time to each other worth $100+. If you do that you are an easy mark, plain and simple.
I've noticed that a lot of times new traders get sucked in because the offer is so good, I personally would be very tempted if someone offered to trade me a PSP for my old beat up DS.

[quote name='veedubkid']I was about to just start trading on CAG so I went to Cag trading and the first post I saw was about steve mcfadden and I am weary of ever being scammed so I will pay to trade period.[/quote]
That's kinda like asking, what is the safest way to avoid viruses from the Internet? Answer: Don't take your PC online. Whenever you take a risk, there is always a chance to get burned. Also, not sure if you read that Juan Dixon thread carefully, but he has been doing this for years and has hit every major trading site before this one.

As for what is the best, I'd say this one just because I have no experience anywhere else. I first joined here due to the deals and never in my wildest dreams pictured myself trading games with strangers on the other side of the country but all it takes is one trade to get you going I guess.

bread's done
Back