What is the best TV show on air today?

tenzor

CAGiversary!
I love watching TV shows, and currently this fall season there are so many shows to watch that my TIVO is going to be finally put to the test to see how long it will take for it to self-destruct from recording all these shows. Well I just wanted to know what is everyones favorite TV show.

For me 24 is hands down my favorite. No other show made me sit through the whole season on DVD in one sitting to watch. Prison Break is not far behind also, and thats probably my second favorite.

Shows that are currently in production? Hm... I don't really watch any of these new dramatic shows. I'm a fan of simpler old shows like Fresh Prince and whatnot.

You know, I haven't watched 24 since season 2 - I don't have the time to stay hooked, but I did like it a lot. I used to love CSI, but I didn't watch any of lst season, but of the list, I'd have to choose that. I don't watch any of the other shows on the list. I saw an ep of House once, and it wasn't bad...

My wife has gotten me into L&O:SVU, Medium and Crossing Jordan - so I'll watch them if they are on, but don't go out of my way to catch them.

I really don't watch a lot of TV, but I am a big fan of the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

I'd have to say of the shows I DVR and look forward to, I'd vote Venture Bros.

I voted for Prison Break but I love Lost and 24 and watch them all religiously.

But I think you should have added The Office to the list.
One of the best comedies on TV right now.

The only one I like in that list is Prison Break, though I'd throw Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters in there as my favorite shows on air today.

I mainly only watch half hour comedy shows and I have to say it's Girlfriends. I would say everyone hates chris but I forget what time it comes on.

Arrested Development.

Oh, wait...:cry:

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are great though, I hear good things about House too. I prefer comedies to dramas, so most of the options are over my head.

I'll go ahead and say 24, since that's the only show where I HAVE to see the next episode. The Office and House are not far behind, but they aren't as captivating by nature.

For me, Prison Break and 24 are the best shows on TV. Monday nights last season were the best ever. I picked Prison Break but I like both 24 and PB equally..I also love House and Bones..Ive picked up on Vanished, Standoff, and Justice so Monday-WEdnesday for me is FOX all the way

Lost....I think. 24 seems to be losing its appeal for me. I still like it, but not like when it started. Lost still seems to be going somewhere interesting, but who knows.

Of course, Futurama is coming back, so that may be my favorite in the coming years.

[quote name='Stoneage']Lost....I think. 24 seems to be losing its appeal for me. I still like it, but not like when it started. Lost still seems to be going somewhere interesting, but who knows.

Of course, Futurama is coming back, so that may be my favorite in the coming years.[/quote]

Seconded. THAT is what I am most looking forward to.
I still maintain (and I know I am in the minority) that, as a whole, Futurama is better than the Simpsons. Futurama's writers were seasoned SImpsons writers, so they hit the ground running, and the show never had a chance to devolved the way Simpsons has for the past ten years or so.

::puts on flame-repellant suit::

You have Smallville and Entourage (What the fuck is that?) on the list but no BSG? What kind of shity list is this?

I watch one show a day.

Monday - Studio 60
Tuesday - House (If I find a place to download it.)
Wednesday - Lost & The show that will replace Lost.
Thursday - I need a show
Friday - BSG and Dr. Who

Of the ones listed, I think 24 is the best overall as it keeps me glued to my seat for the entire season. It helps that they don't have interruptions, or at least didn't last season, which I hope they keep up. Prison Break is close behind, as it must have some 24 fans behind it, if nothing else. House is slightly behind that, and Entourage is growing on me.

Justice is looking pretty good at the moment as a new series, and there's a few more that could go that way like Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip, Standoff, Shark, Smith and possibly other "s" titled shows for example.

My favorite shows in production now though of the ones not listed...

In order, Scrubs, Family Guy, Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, the 4400, My Name Is Earl amongst others.

The Office is the greatest show out there. Steve Carrell is hilarious and the show has great writing. Another great show is Weeds on showtime, I know not everyone has showtime (I don't either) but it's definitely worth it to buy or rent season 1 on dvd. I also watch Prison Break and Lost, great shows. Amount of greats in this post: 5.

No BattleStar Galactica love? I'd say for me its between that and Lost and I think I like BattleStar Galactica better. Got to love the Matrix like storyline but with machine seduction. Oh yeah and they have Webbisodes on SCIFI.com to appease you and tease you between the season breaks.

Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Going Tribal.

All Discovery, and all better than major network stuff.

I'm a self proclaimed TV on DVD/TV Addict, i've got 1 or 2 shows pretty much every day. My favorites in order though are probably Lost, 24, The Shield then House. I HAVE to see every episode otherwise people will die.

Monday: Prison Break/24
Tuesday: House / Heroes (saw the sneak peek on Itunes and it was good) / The Shield
Wednewday: Lost
Thursday: Smallville

Oh yeah! Weeds is great. Season 2 is so outragous.

A few mild spoilers.

Someone gets married.
Someone gets pregant.
Someone has fun in their pants.

[quote name='David85']Oh yeah! Weeds is great. Season 2 is so outragous.

A few mild spoilers.

Someone gets married.
Someone gets pregant.
Someone has fun in their pants.[/QUOTE]

And so far the funniest, some one gets their uncle to take them for a "Massage "

I didn't start to get into 24 until this year when I started to watch the 5th season then I was hooked. So I went out and bought seasons 1-4 and watched them (over a span of 3 months). Now I can't wait for the sixth season. Another show that I started to get into because I bought the dvd is Prison Break. I'm surprised I didn't bother watching this show because its captivating. The second season so far is pretty good and it can only get better. I'm also starting to get into The Office and My Name is Earl, which are both hilarious shows.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']And so far the funniest, some gets their uncle to take them for a "Massage "[/QUOTE]

Oh I know!

Isn't he a little young for a "massage"? What grade is he in?

And Gilmore Girls is such shit now, people still like it?

[quote name='Kaijufan']For shows currently in production I would go with The Office for sitcoms and Battlestar Galactica for drama.[/QUOTE]

So say we all.

I don't watch much TV, when I do it's mostly commercialess movie channels... but other then that;

Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Nip/Tuck (prolly my favorite series on right now)
Rescue Me (when I can find it, Dennis Leary ROCKS)
GameMakers (One of the few good things on G4)

That's about it any more. Use to watch a lot of Law&Order, CSI, and Crossing Jordan but got burnout on the whole legal thing after awhile. Now I just rent lots and lots of anime.

About 24... you must really haveta' watch it from the beginning to find any appeal in it, eh? To me it comes off as too much backslapping to the whole terroism obession in the US right now.

Re: 24, I watched it from Season 1 epi 1, but it got so ridiculous in Season 2 (mainly the plotlines dealing with Kiefer's daughter) that I gave up on it and never went back. But from what I've heard it's gotten much better the past few years.

[quote name='wubb']Re: 24, I watched it from Season 1 epi 1, but it got so ridiculous in Season 2 (mainly the plotlines dealing with Kiefer's daughter) that I gave up on it and never went back. But from what I've heard it's gotten much better the past few years.[/QUOTE]

The Elisha Cuthbert story lines were by far the worst/most outlandish/stupid ones ever. She had a brief cameo last season, but it didn't matter much.

bread's done
Back