What is the best way to connect my MP3 player to my car?

swetooth9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
i'm guessing cassette adapters for your car is the best way? i'm kind of shying away from the FM tuner things, so maybe cassette adapters where you insert the cassette tape into the car stereo and it connects to your mp3 player jack is the best way?

if so, which cassette adapter is the best? any good deals?

thanks

well it depends on what kind of mp3 player you have

for me, with my 60G 5th Gen iPod, i just bought a new Alpine deck for 199, which has a wire to connect the ipod for power and audio, cartoys it up G funk

When my car stereo died, I bought a new one with an audio-in jack. Works with any audio source and is better quality than cassette adapters or FM tuners. Of course, it's quite a bit more expensive.

If you're choosing between cassette adapter and FM tuner, get the adapter. They're cheap. You can get just about any kind -- doesn't really need to be a special one for MP3 players.

[quote name='Arlss']well it depends on what kind of mp3 player you have

for me, with my 60G 5th Gen iPod, i just bought a new Alpine deck for 199, which has a wire to connect the ipod for power and audio, cartoys it up G funk[/quote]

yea, i'm not lookin to spend that much...i just need a cheap alternative

and no, it's not an ipod...it's an insignia 4gb video mp3 player

[quote name='icruise']When my car stereo died, I bought a new one with an audio-in jack. Works with any audio source and is better quality than cassette adapters or FM tuners. Of course, it's quite a bit more expensive.

If you're choosing between cassette adapter and FM tuner, get the adapter. They're cheap. You can get just about any kind -- doesn't really need to be a special one for MP3 players.[/quote]

yea, i'm goin with the cassette player...but i was wondering if some are better than others for sound quality

Don't buy one too cheap. I have one that I bought for $10 and the sound quality is pretty bad and sometimes doesn't work and makes a loud, irriating noise unitl I eject it and fiddle around with it.

well i just checked and my car doesn't have an auxilary port :( (2002 Honda Accord EX)

sooo...i guess i'll just have to get a cassette adapter

I have the Phillips(I think) Cassette Adapter from walmart for like 10 or 15 bucks and it has pretty decent sound quality for the price but it really depends on how good your car speakers are. But still I would recomend that adapter.

bread's done
Back