What is the first 2 player game you remember playing?

Heh, Combat was so cool at the time. Tanks and planes. So awesome. My sister and I used to play that ALL the time.

http://www.atariguide.com/0/090.htm

mini-combat.gif

Most likely Combat. Loved that bounce-the-shots-off-the-walls mode. Then later on we got Space Invaders, and the whole family gathered around the 21" playing round robin. Good times.
My brother is gaming, he's got a PS2 and an Xbox, and my mom plays card games and stuff on the PC. When my folks come up to visit, I usually get my dad to play Ratchet and Clank, Hot Shots Golf, or Katamari Damacy together. Last time we actually played Neo Contra. Not necessarily his type of game, but we had fun [and thank goodness for unlimited continues on Easy mode, we died like seven million times].

It was either Combat (the first really fun 2 player game for the 2600) or something in the arcade like alternating Pac-Man. Meh, something that was out in the early 80s...

b_Combat_Color_front.jpg

Not only was Combat the first really fun 2 player game...I believe it was the first 2600 game outright.

Yeah, I forgot about invisible tank! Hot stuff.

Well I guess this thread is about the first 2 player game that we REMEMBER playing and while I am pretty sure I played some mario at an early age, the first 2 player game I remember playing was the arcade game, Golden Axe. Fun game as I do recall.

Oh, Pong. We still have that, we have the Sears TeleGames 4-games in one unit. Up to four players, 2 built in 'controllers' and 2 additional external ones. I guess that was actually the first, and now that it has been mentioned, I do remember playing that. I think that came before the 2600, but not sure.

Combat, of course.

But the first one that I got hooked to was Double Dragon in the arcade. I was obsessed with it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Heh, Combat was so cool at the time. Tanks and planes. So awesome. My sister and I used to play that ALL the time.

http://www.atariguide.com/0/090.htm

mini-combat.gif
[/QUOTE]

Dude thank you sooo miuch this brings back alot of memories from when me and my bro and sis used to play this. I was like 3 and never could remember the name of it. Awesome, yep this was my first 2 player game also.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I think for me it was Combat on the old Atari 2600.[/QUOTE]

That was the first game that popped into my head when I read the thread title.

The best was making your vehicles invisible and fighting that way.

Combat could possibly be the best two-player game ever. It was so simple, but just so much fun.

probably a Pinball machine..then after that probably TNMT 2... i do recall playing that vividly me and my dad completed the game on a saturday one day and our fingers were so blistered.. good times.. more recently my dad and I sat down and completed Gauntlet (on midway arcade treasures) 8 hours.. but it was great... i should really get a system that can play NWN for the computer because he loves that game.

Combat for the 2600, which for the longest time I thought was called Battle Tanks. Back then, the only TV my parents owned had this large, black bar over the top 1/5th of the screen, so any time my father or I would go to the top of the map, we'd have no idea where we were anymore. The black bar tv was even more fun while playing pacman, and no knowing where the hell the ghost might be.

Video Olympics on the 2600. My sis and I played it for hours upon hours. We played a lot of Combat too but I remember playing more Video Olympics.

Combat for me too, I used to beat my brother's ass on that game, now in arcades I think we used to tear up some Bubble Bobble.

Combat was the bizzomb, but why hasn't anyone mentioned "Ikari Warriors" or "Heavy Barrel"?

"Time Soldiers" was a great arcade game, too.

Contra for me. My friend and I had that game down to a science. Also, while the original Zelda wasn't 2-player, the way we played it was.

[quote name='shieryda']Combat was the bizzomb, but why hasn't anyone mentioned "Ikari Warriors" or "Heavy Barrel"?

"Time Soldiers" was a great arcade game, too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I played all three in the arcades. I think my favorites in order were...

Time Soldiers
Heavy Barrel
Ikari Warriors

Those were great games. They had them at the bowling alley when I was in YABA and me and my buds would play them a lot.

bread's done
Back