What is the going rate these days for a Dreamcast system?

Josh5890

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Im getting the itch these days to finally pick up a Sega Dreamcast system. According to http://videogames.pricecharting.com/ they seem to be floating for around $40. Does that seem to be a fair starting point? One of the Black Sega Sports systems would be cool but I know that's worth a few more bucks.

I found a guy on another forum asking $90 for a White Dreamcast with a little sticker residue, two controllers with VMUs, Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Soul Calibur.

Also, a couple noob Dreamcast quetions. I have an open VGA port in my HD TV. Would it be better to find a VGA cable or is it no better than composite cables? Also, what are VMUs and how important/beneficial are they?

Im getting the itch these days to finally pick up a Sega Dreamcast system. According to http://videogames.pricecharting.com/ they seem to be floating for around $40. Does that seem to be a fair starting point? One of the Black Sega Sports systems would be cool but I know that's worth a few more bucks.
I found a guy on another forum asking $90 for a White Dreamcast with a little sticker residue, two controllers with VMUs, Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Soul Calibur.
Also, a couple noob Dreamcast quetions. I have an open VGA port in my HD TV. Would it be better to find a VGA cable or is it no better than composite cables? Also, what are VMUs and how important/beneficial are they?
. I have the vga cable and set up and the picture is much better. I have never had batteries in my vmus so if you buy them, be ready to change the batteries, from what I have heard you can play some cool mini games on them. That 90 dollar deal sounds fair. Skies of Arcadia is pretty pricey if complete. You can always burn dreamcast games too. You will want crazy taxi though, it's pretty cheap last I checked. I would pull the trigger on the 90 dollar lot if you think you will want to ever plays skies of Arcadia. Code Veronica is solid too

bread's done
Back