What is the pride and joy of your video game collection?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
For me it has to be the Valkyrie "Holy Grail" Profile that I found used and complete at an EB in near mint condition. The discs look hardly used. The only thing is that the case has a little, very tiny, hardly noticeable crack, but that can be easily changed. I only paid for it $40 dollars after Edge card, so it wasn't too bad when you compare it to how much it goes on ebay, etc. It is the only time that I have ever seen a copy for that matter. I was so happy at the time and still am. Only wish, like any CAGer out there, that I could have gotten a little cheaper since 2 days later came the 30% off coupon for in-store. Ahh, oh well still I'm happy, it's an awesome game, and it's super hard/rare to find and to find it for a good price.

Edit: I think I'll also add Marvel versus Capcom 2 to my list. I absolutely love it and am proud tha I picked one up of it.

[quote name='siamesellama']I would have to say Earthbound, which I bought when it was released. Unfortunately I don't have the box and guide anymore.[/quote]

Same here, although I do have the guide. I also have Secret of Mana complete with the guide, but the box is pretty beat up.

[quote name='Rig']My four copies of Lunar SSSC for PS1. It's not my rarest game, but it is my favorite game ever.[/quote]

I don't know why but I just knew that you were going to say that. :wink:

All complete, near mint:

Suikoden 2
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2
Valkyrie Profile

(and just about every other PS RPG)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Rig']My four copies of Lunar SSSC for PS1. It's not my rarest game, but it is my favorite game ever.[/quote]

I don't know why but I just knew that you were going to say that. :wink:[/quote]

:lol: I had to, didn't I? :lol:

I have one of the pearl white Gamecube consoles that were given away when Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles was released in Japan. It comes with a pearl white console, controller, game boy player, memory card (51?) and a copy of FF:CC (of course).

Other contenders to the throne:
Dracula X PC Engine (good condition, no spine card)
Final Fantasy MSX (I didn't know it existed until this year)
...probably countless others; I don't know so much about the rarity of domestic games.

myke.

[quote name='mykevermin']I have one of the pearl white Gamecube consoles that were given away when Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles was released in Japan. It comes with a pearl white console, controller, game boy player, memory card (51?) and a copy of FF:CC (of course).

Other contenders to the throne:
Dracula X PC Engine (good condition, no spine card)
Final Fantasy MSX (I didn't know it existed until this year)
...probably countless others; I don't know so much about the rarity of domestic games.

myke.[/quote]

Holy cow, where'd you track down Final Fantasy MSX?

[quote name='rockhero']Holy cow, where'd you track down Final Fantasy MSX?[/quote]

eBay Netherlands

The interface is not English friendly, but using "MSX" as a search will yield plenty of results. I've never had a problem using english search phrases on this site, and it has many more auctions listed than ebay.com. It's my secret weapon.

I ended up buying a MSX2+ as well, and tried to bulk up my collection (which consists of Final Fantasy and Akumajou Dracula) by purchasing two games based off of the old M.A.S.K. cartoon. They were f'n cassettes, which my console lacks. No fun for me.

myke.

I guess my SNES games, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island...

They have their box, slip case and manuals/maps... but none of the other weird inserts.

Probably my SNES RPGs, and some of my PS1 RPGs. Complete/mint Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Suikoden II, etc.
When I think about it though, SNES games were freakin' expensive. I know I paid $70 each for FFIII and CT, and Earthbound and Mario RPG were $50 or $60. Back in those days, I actually played my games, though...

I'd say all of my dancing perhipherals.

3 RedOctane DDR soft pads (down from 8, I sold off the ones I knew I'd never need ever) and 1 Pump It Up USB dance pad + game for Windows.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']My Panasonic M2[/quote]

Those exist? I thought they stopped with the project before they were produced.

Radient Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, SFZ3 (Saturn version), FF Anthology (US) signed by Yoshitaka Amano, and SNK vs Capcom Card Battle 2

My Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past. I bought it when it was completely sold out for about a year and nintendo wasn't even doing a player's choice type of program yet. I thought my hopes for buying the game were useless until I went to a small rental place and asked if they'd sell me their copy. He agreed and sold it for $20 which was a great price at the time and to my surprise, it even came with the original box, manual, and all inserts - everything in mint condition. I played that game for hours and hours. *sniff*

I also got another copy of Valkyrie Profile ( mint complete ) bringing my grand total to 2 from Gamestop on that buy 2 get one free..I don't understand when someone trades In a classic game like that to buy a game like the new GTA but whatever floats their boat..My copy of DragonForce ( mint complete ) for Saturn..My copy of Suikoden 2 ( mint complete ) which I picked up from Mousin here...My copy of The Thousand Arms Startegy Guide which you don't see very often picked up for a couple of dollars...My complete Super Mario RPG for the SNES and while I'm on Snes my complete copy of Secret of Mana with strategy guide and my copy of Earthbound with Strategy Guide..all very good games :D

It's hard to narrow it down to just one, but if I had to it would probably be:

Rhapsody for the PSOne, mint & complete w/ soundtrack. I snagged this off of Ebay before Disgaea hit & it became sought after. ;)

I'm also very proud of the rest of my PSOne RPG collection tho, which has such games as Lunar:SSSC & Lunar 2 complete, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden 1 (but not two...*sniff*), the 2 US Personas, the 2 US Tales, both Alundras, and Xenogears, among others.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mookyjooky']My Panasonic M2[/quote]

Those exist? I thought they stopped with the project before they were produced.[/quote]
It exists in prototype form and is extremely rare.

I'd love to see pics...

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mookyjooky']My Panasonic M2[/quote]

Those exist? I thought they stopped with the project before they were produced.[/quote]

I'd love to see pics...[/quote]

Me too. I've only heard rumors of those but have never actually found any pictures..

My complete snes rpgs, including Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III and Secret of Mana and probably eve more so my complete collection of the nes Dragon Warrior games I-IV

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mookyjooky']My Panasonic M2[/quote]

I'd love to see pics...[/quote]

Me too. I've only heard rumors of those but have never actually found any pictures..[/quote]
m2_1.jpg

http://assembler.roarvgm.com/Panasonic_m2/panasonic_m2.html

Edit: Don't think the pic works.

Not trying to be annoying here, but I don't look at games this way. I might cherish the experience of playing a game . . . the physical stuff is just a commodity to me.

I don't collect games . . . I hoard them :) Actually, I buy, sell, trade and try to stay financially even along the way.

Its a strange thing, the game itself exists as data it doesn't have a physical existence . . . we are seeing that all games will be re-released in time. But some people will fetishize the orginals as better . . . I salute you guys.

If anything is dear to me, it is my old 70s and 80s hardware . . . from my squandered youth.

Valkyrie Profile, Non-gh Castlevania SOTN, Earthbound, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Lunar 1 and 2 both complete with the Galeon punching puppet, and Gbc Metal Gear complete (haven't seen this one with a box anywhere).

The games I've played the most in my collection are SSIs gold box series (Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness) and the original Bard's Tale for the C64.

Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers for the Saturn, both purchased new at Toys R Us, way back when.

Valkyrie Profile, Persona 2, Intelligent Qube ($3!). My complete copies of the PS1 Lunars, the Arc the Lad collection. Castlevania: SOTN.

All those SNES RPGs I've accumulated. Sniff... meeemories...

My collection.. I have a few things.. three, actually.. but I found Suikoden II here at EB for like $34.99.. I let it go though, because the discs were scratched bad. I then found a mint, complete copy of Intelligent Qube.. I called "guessed" and I put it on hold for him.. he came the next day and got it, that was an awesome fine and guessed had been looking for it years.. so that's probably my best find..

My most prized three that I have.. these will be stock images since i'm too cheap to afford a digital camera..

entmp02647.jpg
$4.99!

image01.jpg
$9.99 in like.. 1997 or 1996!

XJ100009001.JPG
I was so impatient to play it that I imported it.. came with a free boot disc, lol.. cost me around $60 I think. I'm not sure if plans to port it to XBox were announced at the time, but I also had no plans of getting an XBox at the time. I still have all three in mint condition.. but someone took it upon themselves to write video phone numbers (for the game) inside the Snatcher instruction.. otherwise all three are complete and mint.

EDIT: Forgot a few because they're at my brother's house!

Zelda 1, Zelda 2, and Final Fantasy all on NES, all complete, even have the FF world map!

FF2, FF3, both complete, and Illusion of Gaia and Earthbound, carts only.. i'd LOVE an IoG and Earthbound box.

id have to say my pride and joy would be my top loading nes with original metroid and zelda with boxes (i got the games new as a kid for christmas in like 1987 or 1988, dont know when exactly, i was like 6 or 7), or possibly my mini snes with complete FFIII and the official strategy guide i got by renewing nintendo power.

My mint copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga signed by the development team of Smilebit - I randomly won it from that Gamers.com Panzer Dragoon contest I believe.

[quote name='argyle']It's hard to narrow it down to just one, but if I had to it would probably be:

Rhapsody for the PSOne, mint & complete w/ soundtrack. I snagged this off of Ebay before Disgaea hit & it became sought after. ;)
[/quote]

A small game store in the middle of nowhere I go to had two sealed copies of rhapsody a little over a year ago (they have lots of old, sometimes rare, sealed ps1 games). I already had a copy so I bought them for 30 each and sold them on ebay for about $120 (great when considering most went for 60 at the time when they showed up), if only I had waited a few more months. Though my pride and joy would be my "donkey kong country competition cart", paid $20 in nintendo power, seen it go for $3-450 on ebay. After that a complete and mint spiderman web of fire (32x) I only recently found out was extremely rare and had value (either bought it on clearance or when it first came out, since I bought the 32x when they were discounting them and spiderman was one of the last games released), then panzer dragoon saga (had it reserved so I got it the day it came out). The original Lufia is my favorite game, but it's easily replaced. If I ever get magical chase or dynastic hero (both for turbo duo) then those would be my picks for second. Buying things and later finding out they have value makes them more important to me, anyone can just pay alot for a rare game, but it takes dumb luck to get them when they were first released. I'd also love battlesphere for jaguar, but that came out at $200 and whenever they rerelease it its gone before I notice.

EDIT: Growlanser box set came out? Damnit, I had that preordered and they never called me. Think it's too late? Also, valkyrie profile, is it good for someone who likes the old style, slow, repetitive turned based rpgs (dragon warrior, lufia, lunar etc.) games but never really enjoyed the newer rpgs (direction rpg's went after post-ff7 style)? The only new rpg's I tend to like now are strategy, like disgaea, and 2d gameboy ones. It's strange, but I hate battle systems that are time based, where you can run around freely etc. I never grew out of the old style. And I also love world maps, the ones where you walk from town to town, dungeon to dungeo.

I have a lot of items that have become ridiculously overvalued like Snatcher but the real gems are the things whose very existence is questioned as an affront to sanity.

James Bond Jr. SNES
Barney's Hide and Seek Genesis
Toilet Kids PC Engine

BTW, while the 3DO M2 hardware was never marketed for gaming purposes, Panasonic did make an attempt to push it in the kiosk market where the primary non-PC player was the Philips CD-i platform. A few thousand systems were produced for this purpose.

not really anything rare but i have the original nes that was bought as a christmas present for me back in kindergarten at a time when my parents weren't exactly living large. my name is written on top of it in red permanent marker. it's sloppy though, because i wrote it when i first learned how to write my name.

i actually don't possess the system at the moment... my parents have it in their "museum" case with the rest of our memorable family artifacts.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - Mint condition
Radiant Silvergun - Mint condition
Steel Battalion - First production run with green buttons
Einhander - Mint
Persona 2 - Mint condition, bought for $15 at a Gamestop a few weeks ago

And, as a Sonic the Hedgehog freak, I have one of the Sonic Crystal Cubes, which has a 3D Sonic etched inside a cube, only 500 were made.

Plus tons of promo materials I've gotten free from my job, lots of standees including Samus from Metroid Prime and Master Chief from Halo 2, and ESPECIALLY my official Xbox Live neon sign.

bread's done
Back