What is this worth?

munn3yxiong

CAGiversary!
I dont know if this belongs in here or in the trading forum but I figured since this section has the craigslist finds/stupidity section, i'll post this here. I'm putting my entire retro collection for sale. Can you guys give an idea of what is a fair price. I've had people really low ball me but wanna see what you guys think.

Top Loading NES w/2 dogbone controller & running pad:

Double dragon II
Monster in my pocket
Megaman 2
Super mario 3
Battletoads
T&C surf designs
Mario bros/duck hunt (X2)
Ikari Warriors
Legacy of the Wizard
The Simpsons Bart vs the space mutants
Adventures of DinoRiki
Bionic Commando
Ninja Gaiden
Snakes Revenge
Gradius
Megaman 6
Mickey Mousecapade
Castlevania III
Castlevania II
The Legend of Zelda
Shooting Range
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Athletic World
Mario bros/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet
NES Open
Metroid
TMNT III
Gaunlet II
Heavy Barrel
Castlevania
Dragon Warrior
Double Dragon
Super Mario 2
The legend of Kage
Metal Gear
Super C
Ghosts N Goblins
Blaster Master
Gaunlet
Mario Bros
Mike Tysons Punch out
Tecmo Bowl
Contra

Snes with 2 controllers and air flight joystick:

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Empire Strikes Back
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Illusion Of GAIA
Top Gear
Super Punch Out
Gradius III
Earthworm Jim II
Warios Woods
Megaman X
Super Star Wars
Ren & Stimpy Veediots
BioMetal
The Simpsons Barts Nightmare
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Pac in Time
WWF Wrestlemania the Arcade Game
Turn and Burn No Fly Zone
F-Zero
Prince of Persia
Shadowrun
Saturday Night Slam Masters
The Lion King
Animaniacs
Super Metroid
Super Gameboy
Pilotwings
Krustys Super Fun House
The Legend Of Zelda: a link to the past
Doom
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Tetris Attack
NBA Jam
NBA Jam T.E
X-men Mutant Apocalypse
Wolverine Adamantium Rage
Maximum Carnage
Seperation Anxiety
Super Mario World (X2)
Yoshis Island
Super Mario World/Super Mario Allstars
Super Mario Kart
Mario Paint w/mouse
Mario is Missing
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
Breath Of fire
Street fighter II
Street fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super R Type
Bomberman Land 2
Aladdin
TMNT IV Turtles in Time
Killer Instinct

Sega Genesis W/ 2 controllers/sega cd/32x:

Sonic Spinball
Golden Axe 2
Sonic and Knuckles
Red Zone
Dragons Revenge
Sword of Vermilion
Virtua Racing
Ghouls N Ghosts
T2 The arcade game
Shadowrun
Splatterhouse 2
Michael Jacksons Moon Walker
Kid Chameleon
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Earthworm Jim
Paperboy
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Super Street Fighter 2
The Revenge of Shinobi
Game Genie
Toy Story
Shinobi 3
Weaponlord
Splatterhouse 3
Lemmings 2 the Tribes
Altered Beast
Strider
Blaster Master 2

32x:
Mortal Kombat 2
Doom
Space Harrier
Star Wars Arcade
Shadow Squadron
Motocross
Metal Head
KoliBri

Sega CD:
Dune
Space Ace
Sherlock Holmes
Masked Rider
Lunar The Silver Star
NBA Jam
Rise of the Dragon

Sega Master System w/2 controllers:

After Burner
Transbot
Hang On/Safari Hunt
Great Golf
Great Basketball
Great Football
Ghost House
Shinobi
Ghostbusters
Altered Beast

Nintendo 64 w/ 4 controllers/rumble paks/expansion pak/memory cards:

Army Men Sarges Heroes 2
Banjo Kazooie
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Dr Mario 64
Elmos letter Adventure
Elmos number Adventure
Gex 64
Goldeneye 007
Harvest Moon 64
Hey you Pikachu w/mic
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time (Gold Ver)
The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask (Gold HOLO ver)
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Megaman 64
Mystical Ninja Goemon
NBA Courtside 2
NFL Blitz
Paper Mario
Pilotwings 64
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Quest 64
Rampage World Tour
Resident Evil 2
Starfox 64
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
South Park
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
WCW/NWO Revenge
WWF Warzone
WWF No Mercy
Yoshis Story
Game Shark

So instead of researching it yourself to come up with a price, you want one of US to take all the time to do it with that god awful long list? Naaaaaaahhh

The total value of all those items are whatever someone is willing to pay for them. I only want to pay $5 for all of that so the official value of everything you listed is $5.

Your welcome.

I know what everything goes for individually. Ive had a couple offers ranging from 300-500 but i have a dealer offering me 850 for it all. I wanted to see what u guys thought it was worth figuring mostly everyone has their own opinion.

do u guys think its over/under what everything individually would be. I know the dealer cuz I deal with him alot. Ive had people tell me id make more selling the games individually but all the stuff that doesnt sell would be hard to get rid of.

$850 is probably under what you could get individually....but with the economy like it is, that isn't definite.

If you are thinking of clearing it all out, $850 is probably a good price.

I know. The thing is he's a dealer that does alot of shows and owns a shop. I mean does 850 sound fair coming from a dealer?

I mean you have a few games in there that you could sell probably easy...and you MIGHT make a LITTLE more selling them seperate....but there is a lot of filler in there too. If you could sell all the games apart and make $1000 on them, I would think the time and the listing fees (if selling on ebay) would be a LOT more trouble than making taht little bit more money.

Honestly, when I sold my PS2 and XBox game collection in February of this year, I didn't expect to get too much for it. There were ALOT of $2-5 Kmart clearance games, most of which were sub $5 at Gamestop, with SOME harder to find titles(Futurama, Dark Alliance 2).

I tried listing it on Craigslist for $450 or so(for 98 games, I figured this was a decent enough price), but every time I got a response it was from someone wanting to just cherry pick out the harder to get games.

You'll have to learn to deal with ALOT of that if you really want to sell this older collection.

Best bet is to research the games which might be worth something a bit further by checking Digital Press' rarity guide(http://www.digitpress.com/).

But $850 for what you listed sounds WAY more than fair. See what the dealer offers you if you remove the games that're worth more. Then you know what their true worth in the deal might be.

I finally sold my collection here on CAG in one bulk lot to another member. What they did with it was of no concern to me, since I got the price I wanted, even if I had to do it SHIPPED for that price.

[quote name='munn3yxiong']I know what everything goes for individually. Ive had a couple offers ranging from 300-500 but i have a dealer offering me 850 for it all. I wanted to see what u guys thought it was worth figuring mostly everyone has their own opinion.[/quote]

LOL, no way would any dealer in his right mind offer you $850 for that set. The "lowballs" of $300-500 aren't all that bad as it is IMHO.

How many of the games are complete with boxes and instructions, with all items mint/near mint? My valuation is based on none of the games being complete but rather most or all being cart only but with carts in good shape (no stickers, damage, dirt etc.)?

You're looking at a little under 200 games total and their corresponding systems. Lots of the popular titles, but not many rare or high value titles. Not many RPGs.

Sorry, but I just didn't see all that many rarities or high priced RPGs at all. Sure, lots of the popular titles and a good collection, but big sets like this just don't sell for much unless broken up, at least into logical groupings, or better yet sold individually.

If all or even a majority of the games are CiB (complete in box), the value would definitely go up. But if they are, it would be much better to take the time to price them correctly and sell them individually. I usually sell cart only NES, SNES, Genesis games for $5-10 each and on up for the in demand games and rare/high priced games, and for the junk around a buck or two a game or sell as a set to get rid of it. Always on craigslist. I don't bother with discounting sets unless it's the leftover garbage, because there are plenty of collectors willing to pay $$$ for good games. Sell them separately on craigslist for max return.

If you really had offers in that range, you should jump on them in a heartbeat, especially the $850 offer. And if you really want as close to real market value as possible for the individual games and the entire set, use videogamepricecharts and calculate it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back