What is your favorite gaming system

adalew

CAG Newbie
Well I like all game consoles haha... Because it can play many kinds of games. So I got a Android game console (S7800B). What about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
4_sega_dreamcast.jpg

You know, I loved my Dreamcast back in the day.  But I went back to play it and it really didn't age very well.  I think it has something to do with seeming like it is trying to do a modern game but looking and playing so primitive by current standards.  I think I enjoy retro more when there is a marked difference, it just feels like they are trying to do more and failing (even though that isn't really the case).  Recent Soul Calibur games spoil the first one, despite it being one of my favorites - with even part 2 blowing it away.  Gauntlet Legacy seemed just plain bad, and I used to love it.  Sonic Adventure is a terrible game that can't lean on graphics like it once did.  Crazy Taxi was still mindless fun.

The problem was even worse when I plugged up the Saturn.  2D games were fine (XMen vs. SF, Guardian Heroes, MvC 2, etc.), but anything it tried to do in 3D was just cringe worthy.  Panzer Dragoon was still kinda fun, but man that framerate was terrible.

If I had to choose, my favorite console is the SNES.  There are a ton of games that I still love to play all the time.  My WiiU menu looks like an SNES "Greatest Hits" board with all the virtual console versions I have.  Cybernator and Contra 3 are still a couple of my favorite all time games.

SNES because is gave me my top 2 all time games; Final Fantasy 4 and 6 (2 and 3 on the SNES).  There were too many good games to count on that system.

I would have to say I don't really have a favorite console, But I would like to say that Xbox 360 has had my favorite games so far. =D

My favorite console is the Wii. Innovative (sort of) and has most of my favorite games of all time. Also love digging the hidden gems this system has.

Well I like all game consoles haha... Because it can play many kinds of games. So I got a Android game console (S7800B). What about you guys?
ya boy mario thinks this is funny cause i just recently got one of these things. used it for an hour, put it back in the box and put it in my closet. paid 140 shipped. and ive been so disappointed in it. stock firmware sucks and i cant find 8.1 drivers... IF your in the market for an android console. THATS IF you are. save your dollars for an nvidia shield imho, its a better buy.

Toss-up between SNES & Gamecube.  As most everyone acknowledges, 2D is timeless and with the Gamecube generation, 3D got good enough to hold up several generations later (as long as you're playing on a CRT).

Sega Saturn
I imported my favorite game kof 95
& fire pro wrestling 6 man scramble ( I made wolverine,venom carnage and updated wrestlers) my friends and family played the battle royal All weekend

SNES. Came out when I had time to play my games multiple times, and I have a ton of memories doing so. Final Fantasy II and III, Chrono Trigger, Secret of a Mana, Lufia 1 and 2, Earthbound....all timeless to me.

bread's done
Back