What is your favorite NON 2009 release game you played this year?

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
So,

Given CAG = Backlog in most cases. What is your favorite game that you played in 2009, that didnt release in 2009?

I know I have a stack of games to play and I would think my favorite is probably going back to play Metroid Prime as I never really played it when it was released originally.

I have also had a lot of fun going back to catch up on PSN games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona 3: FES. I put more than 130 hours into it and enjoyed every minute of it.

Come to think of it, not a single game I played this year was actually released this year.

Got Assassin's Creed last year, only got about half way through it. So I finished it this year before Assassin's Creed II came out

Nice list so far guys.. I may have actually played Dead Spcae this year as well.. I was thinking that came out this year.... Time flies.

Metroid Prime from the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection. And I don't think I have too much left in MP2, but I won't finish it today that's for sure.

Tough to decide, I play most of my games long after the original release date, so most of the games I finished this year were pre-2009.

Dead Space was probably #1, with God of War II a close second and Defense Grid for PC #3.

Ratchet and Clank 1. I now realize the Ratchet and Clank = last generations Mega Man. A New game released every year, with awesome controls and weapons.

Can't wait to get Going Commando.

This is tough... I've spent most of this year playing catch up with a lot of major releases from previous years. It'd have to be between Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Half Life 2, and MGS4...

Leaning towards Fallout 3 though.

Well I'd say Metroid Prime since i beat it again... for like the forth time this year but as far as new games that I beat I'd say it is a toss up between:

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)

Though I think I might give it to Valkyria Chronicles simply for being the only Strategy RPG I've ever actually finished.

Battlefield: Bad Company

I beat it in two days and I can't believe I waited as long as I did to pick it up, but since I picked it up with Rise Of The Argonauts and Dead Space in the GS B2G1 late last month, I couldn't say no at about $10 a game for that trio.

Normally I can't stand FPS, but everything about the game made me want to play it till the end.

771643-cover_ys_us_large.jpg

prolly one of the best games I ever played in my life!!

Persona 4 was also a good game btw

My fav is probably Modern Warfare, but i loved Fallout 3, too, so its hard to say. Must say, though, they are both fantastic games!

Forgot to mention Prince of Persia on the 360. It wouldn't top Oblivion which I listed earlier, but I did enjoy it a lot when I played it a couple months ago.

Was this thread inspired by the Giant Bomb 2009's 2008 game of the year award? It's probably one of my favorite awards they do. haha.

Dead Space and Fallout 3 are very close. I played Fallout 3 a lot more, but I think I enjoyed Dead Space more for the time it took to finish it. I guess I'll go with the game that had the bigger impact on me and say Fallout 3, but it's close. Fable 2 is also in the running, but I played that game a lot in 2008, and I probably liked Fallout 3 more anyways.

[quote name='Deefuzz']Excellent topic.

Easily Mass Effect for me. Followed closely by Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

I would say the same but I have not finished Mass Effect yet.

Fallout 3 (haven't finished it yet), followed by mass effect, probably. Also Burnout Paradise and Bully (360 version, still an oldie).

[quote name='JEKKI']oh yeay, forgot to mention

policenauts.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You played it!? In English!? Please tell me more!

bread's done
Back