What is your favorite system startup?

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0858ClDkCVA&feature=related

I have a three way tie - I loved Sega CD's because I played Snatcher a lot. I loved the Dreamcast's because.. well, the Dreamcast is awesome, and I played Shenmue quite a bit. The PS1's, though, is just.. so iconic. I always wanted a Jaguar, but it was out of my price range. Even today on Amazon, it's more than I want to pay for it.

Also, I didn't know this until recently, but the number of towers on the PS2 intro changed based on the number of games you'd played and how long you'd played them.

I also liked the alternate original XBox intro, which played when you inserted an XBox game into any non-XBox system. This should've been the original intro, imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78dYdzY89EI

[quote name='Vinny']Wait... what...? I have never heard this before.[/QUOTE]

Try it. It plays that intro then tells you to insert the XBox disc into an XBox console. I'm not sure what all it'll work in, but I've personally seen it work with a PS2 and a PC.

[quote name='Javery']Dreamcast or Gamecube for me.[/QUOTE]
Same.

Until just a year or so ago, I liked the DC startup better. However, I recently learned of the "secret" GCN startup sounds, which is a pretty cool hidden feature. (IIRC, they're accessed by holding some combination of buttons on one or more controllers.)

The GCN is full of little surprises like that in the startup and menu.

[quote name='Scorch']Also, I didn't know this until recently, but the number of towers on the PS2 intro changed based on the number of games you'd played and how long you'd played them.[/QUOTE]
Learned this recently myself, and I haven't looked at that startup screen the same way since. The size of the towers changes as well; I believe it's how long you've played individual games is what determines that.

I don't have a favorite system startup, so I'm not sure which is my favorite. I like the GBA's, though...

Dreamcast one by a mile. I just youtubed it a couple times and man, those sounds always heralded me playing some awesome games.

[quote name='wiggyx']Any Genesis game that booted up saying "Se-ga!"[/QUOTE]

This. Just thinking about it makes me want to go put sonic in.

[quote name='dothog']
The GCN is full of little surprises like that in the startup and menu.[/QUOTE]

So what other surprises are there?

And DC is my favorite, followed by PS2 and then GC specifically because of those startup sounds.

I'd say PS1. I don't often play PS1 games anymore, but every time I see that start up I always feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Neo Geo, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube.

SNK's 1234 4321 tune always amps me up for a good ole time. Dreamcast sounds inviting, like take a dip in our pool. Game Boy's tink is always comforting to hear. And all three Gamecube sounds are great as well.

I really liked the Sega CD model 2's music, but the model 1 animation was pretty entertaining (with the Sega symbol fighting the Sega CD logo.)

bread's done
Back