What is your most prized game (in terms of extra's included)?

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
Remember when games used to come with shit? (Now we get to download stuff off of Steam.:roll: )

Here's mine. Include pics if you are so inclined. Oh, and to make it more challenging - no Working Designs games (they're gonna win every time!)

Ultima V - the box weighed about 2lbs. Came with a killer cloth map (Oblivion, why not you too?), a coin, a nice sized instruction booklet, separate manuals for priests and wizards (which were nicely bound and textured), a book of lore and some various other errata (going off memory cos this sucker is in my garage and I'm at work). The map, in particular, was just awesome to find. Gotta love that cover box art too.

0e_1_b.JPG
Ultima5box.jpg

I dont have too many bonus/extras laying around. Probably my Harvest Moon barnyard animals though. Cow and sheep, just need that damn dog now.

[quote name='levi333']I dont have too many bonus/extras laying around. Probably my Harvest Moon barnyard animals though. Cow and sheep, just need that damn dog now.[/quote]

Ditto... a trip to Ebay may be in store.

One of my Ultima games for C64 included a nice cloth map, a book, and an Ankh. Not some plastic crap, either.

Working Designs was probably the last company that took extras seriously, the watch and necklace in Growlanser Deluxe were nice touches. Not some cheap plastic watch either, its very nice. The Lunar 2 boxing puppet is great, too.

[quote name='rabbitt']RE4 collector's tin? Or maybe MGS3 Subsistence.[/quote]

Ditto. Have Subsistence and am in the proecess of aquirering the RE4 Premium. Other than that, I guess Oblivion CE although honestly other than watching the making of DVD, I don't think I've ever even looked at the little book they give you.

Oblivion...I find it super funny it comes with a coin....should sell it on ebay to some idiot saying its extremely rare currency

[quote name='jimfoley16']I'm pretty into the "note" that came with Star Tropics. That shit was pretty slick.[/quote]

Expand, please??

Yeah, i have to agree with the others, Working Designs hooked up the people who bought their games. Out of them, My favorites are their Luner Games.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Yeah, i have to agree with the others, Working Designs hooked up the people who bought their games. Out of them, My favorites are their Luner Games.[/quote]

LOL, that's why I was like "No Working Designs!".. they do kick some serious ass with their box sets. I have the Arc the Lad collection. Ridiculous ammounts of cool stuff with that kit! (Too bad the second one has some terrible dungeons that take hours (w/o any save points) to traverse, but I digress).

That Star Tropics parchment sounds awesome! I can't believe that story got past me!

[edit] I thought this was a cool Zelda factoid I randomly came across today...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97349

I want to hear more, what else you guys got?!

Unreal Tournament 2004 CE came with a DVD version of the game, a DVD full of developer software, and a headset microphone all in a shiny metal box

Half-Life 2 CE came with a DVD version of the game, a T-Shirt and an artbook.

That's all I can recall off the top of my head...

[quote name='peteloaf']Unreal Tournament 2004 CE came with a DVD version of the game, a DVD full of developer software, and a headset microphone all in a shiny metal box[/quote]

Yeah, I have that one too, but I was a little disappointed. The metal part just wrapped around the normal cardboard box and was kind of warped anyway. Definitely some cheap packaging for a CE, but it was only $40 I think anyway.

I think the Blizzard Collectors Editions are spiffy..

The box and stuff for my Warcraft 3 CE made it much more of a special occasion
Though it was a tad overpriced at the time, the cinematics dvd was cool to watch.

Nothing off the top of my head. Could my Resident Evil 4 gamestop collectors edition tin and Chainsaw controller count? If so thats my favorite.

I`d have to say Shenmue II. No physical extras were included, but I loved being able to play classic Sega games (Especially Afterburner!)

Otherwise, Resident Evil 4 Premium.

Well in game secrets and Easter Eggs have to go to the MGS series. The best stuff tha I got with the game would be from Working Desings games. The best pre-order deal has to go with Gamestop and the LoZ: Windwaker. After all was said and done I got Windwaker, the bonus disc with four zelda games, another bonus disc with the two N64 games, a guide to Ocarina of Time, and a pocket watch for $49.99, not a bad haul....

[quote name='Mospeada_21']RE4 - GC
RE4 - Preview Disc
RE4 - Making of DVD
RE4 - Soundtrack
RE4 - Strategy Guide
RE4 - GC Chainsaw[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's exactly what I was going to list... except I don't have the Chainsaw controller. But I got the second art cel though.:p And I'm not sure if you mean the game's soundtrack purchased separately, but I got the preorder RE movie (RE and RE Apocalypse) soundtrack that they gave away.

But my favorite goodies package from the box would be Lunar 2 or Arc the Lad Collection.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Its not a game, but my Panasonic Q is rather prized.[/quote]

I've been thinking of getting one. I don't care about the cost, I just like the way it looks. How is it?

[quote name='thegarageband']I've been thinking of getting one. I don't care about the cost, I just like the way it looks. How is it?[/QUOTE]

I love it, at the time it wasnt so bad to pick one up and cover the Universal DVD player too. These days its a little rich, but I still get ooohs and aaahs from friends who have never seen one before.

I loved the PC game Master of Magic. It came with a nice, thick manual and a seperate thick book detailing each of the spells.

For the record, I hate the extras that come with Lunar 2. A paper map after Lunar 1 had cloth? Worthless cardboard standees? A junk necklace? No thanks.

Well, in terms of plain "frills" extras, the WoW CE is really hard to beat. I think even if I included the WD packs (of which I have them all) I'd still go with the WoW set - the hardback full-size artbook & bonus DVD are really nice, not to mention the awesome box, map, etc.

If you count controller/game combo packs, then I think Steel Batallion, Samba de Amigo, Tekken 5/arcade stick & Ace Combat 5/flight stick all deserve a mention.

There's also the cool trend of having the bonus items be obtained through some sort of website form instead of actually packaged with the game. I got the Suikoden IV wallscroll/coin/soundtrack this way, and also got a couple packs of the Dragon Warrior VIII slime keychains.

Finally,for games that I have the most bonus stuff for that didn't come with the game, It's pretty much a toss-up between RE4 & DW8:

RE4:

*RE4 GC game
*RE4 GC preview disk (sealed)
*RE4 GC making of dvd
*RE4 GC chainsaw controller
*RE4 GC guide
*RE4 PS2 LE game (w/ bonus "making of" disk)
*RE4 PS2 chainsaw controller

I *think* I also have the PS2 demo disk, tho I'd have to double-check. I would like to get the GC LE & the PS2 guide to complete the collection - tho I suppose I'd need that uber-soundtrack too, huh? :p

DW8:

*DW8 game
*DW8 slime keychains (4)
*DW8 slime controller
*DW8 standee (gorgeous standee, one of my all-time favorites)
*DW8 guide
*DW8 demo disk (sealed)

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Remember when games used to come with shit? (Now we get to download stuff off of Steam.:roll: )

Here's mine. Include pics if you are so inclined. Oh, and to make it more challenging - no Working Designs games (they're gonna win every time!)

Ultima V - the box weighed about 2lbs. Came with a killer cloth map (Oblivion, why not you too?), a coin, a nice sized instruction booklet, separate manuals for priests and wizards (which were nicely bound and textured), a book of lore and some various other errata (going off memory cos this sucker is in my garage and I'm at work). The map, in particular, was just awesome to find. Gotta love that cover box art too.

0e_1_b.JPG
Ultima5box.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not to change subjects... But I came across one of my old Ultimas just like that but it came with an ankh (not a coin) was it 3 or 5? Anyway I popped it on ebay for worldwide sale (maybe 2 years ago) and I sold it for close to $250!

I about shit myself.

Anyway carry on.

All of the Blizzard Battlechest editions are pretty cool. I picked up the starcraft battlechest since I never played it for $9 around christmas.

Snatcher on Sega CD, complete
Shenmue DC Limited Edition, though the case has long since broke and the discs are scattered..
Shenmue 2 DC
Half-Life on Dreamcast (Was never released, you had to download it and burn it to get it)
Final Fantasy on NES, complete.. comes with a cloth map and everything

[quote name='Davestation']Well in game secrets and Easter Eggs have to go to the MGS series. The best stuff tha I got with the game would be from Working Desings games. The best pre-order deal has to go with Gamestop and the LoZ: Windwaker. After all was said and done I got Windwaker, the bonus disc with four zelda games, another bonus disc with the two N64 games, a guide to Ocarina of Time, and a pocket watch for $49.99, not a bad haul....[/QUOTE]

huh?!
I preordered LoZ: Windwaker also.
The only preorder bonus I got was LoZ: Masterquest which included Ocarina of Time and an alternative version of it.
LoZ Collector's Edition wasn't even out yet at that time.

I've got a large, kick-ass Paper Mario: TYD standee.

Also, I've become more violent from playing too much GTA ;)

[quote name='Snake2715']Not to change subjects... But I came across one of my old Ultimas just like that but it came with an ankh (not a coin) was it 3 or 5? Anyway I popped it on ebay for worldwide sale (maybe 2 years ago) and I sold it for close to $250!

I about shit myself.

Anyway carry on.[/quote]

Holy SPIT! Wow, I have Ultima 3 complete and boxed too! I'm such a collector, though, I wouldn't sell it!

Anyone got any other cool "packed" game boxes to share? I was thinking that some of the Sierra stuff came with a lot of printed extras...?

Oh, Wing Commander came with some cool little perks too.

Warcraft 3 Collector's Edition. When the game didn't work on my old computer, i was still engrossed in the Art Book, DVD, and instruction manual. Also, it all comes in a really nice box. Even though i haven't looked at it in ages, i still have everything nicely packaged in the box, with it attractively lying next to my computer.

Honestly, that's not that impressive, but i tend to go with cheaper versions rather than extras

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Holy SPIT! Wow, I have Ultima 3 complete and boxed too! I'm such a collector, though, I wouldn't sell it!

Anyone got any other cool "packed" game boxes to share? I was thinking that some of the Sierra stuff came with a lot of printed extras...?

Oh, Wing Commander came with some cool little perks too.[/QUOTE]

I would say then my coolest thing is the colonials bequest complete with unsharpened pencil and unused notepad. Not that I wouldnt have used that stuff when i got the game but we already had a pen and paper by the PC for the adventure games so we used that...
Now finding a complete one is hard but a complete unused Colonials Bequest is one in a thousand.

bread's done
Back