What is your opinion on my crazy friend? (Details Inside)

Captain J

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
My friend is trying to impress this girl that he has been chasing for the last year (to no avail so far i might add) He has no job and he wanted to buy some roses for her for valentines day. To pay for these roses he sold his very sweet Sega CDX system with 18 games and ended up getting enough to pay for the roses (which were about $60) and had about $10 bucks leftover. So in essence, he pretty much traded a rare awesome system for some flowers that will die in a few days for a girl that probably wont even want them. I think he is crazy, but I wanted to get everyone elses opinion. Is chasing a girl worth giving up the goods?

He should have just gotten her one rose. Not only is it a whole lot cheaper, but if done right, it can also be a lot more romantic.

[quote name='rabbitt']If he gets some... it's worth it :wink:[/quote]

put it this way, he has been chasing this girl for a year and she barely acknowledges his presence

[quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='rabbitt']If he gets some... it's worth it :wink:[/quote]

put it this way, he has been chasing this girl for a year and she barely acknowledges his presence[/quote]

Kick him in the nuts then. And then do her.

You should not have to buy anything for anyone in order for them to pay attention to you.

Too bad he sold some good rare stuff for some fish in the sea that does not care for him or what he did for her.

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='rabbitt']If he gets some... it's worth it :wink:[/quote]

put it this way, he has been chasing this girl for a year and she barely acknowledges his presence[/quote]

Kick him in the nuts then. And then do her.[/quote]

I think I will kick him in the nuts, and I'm taken so i dont think my GF would appreciate that! :D

Not true, 8 months and were pretty close. :wink: It's that I am now starting to get some balls and try to do something about it!

[quote name='dedgeu2']You should not have to buy anything for anyone in order for them to pay attention to you.

Too bad he sold some good rare stuff for some fish in the sea that does not care for him or what he did for her.[/quote]

Thats what I say but this girl has some kind of magical affect on him

[quote name='shoobywizard88']Not true, 8 months and were pretty close. :wink: It's that I am now starting to get some balls and try to do something about it![/quote]

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the crazy man we are discussing!

Well, I've been chasing a girl, though only for two weeks (not a year). She was supposed to call me today so she could tell me where to meet her. She missed a class and needed the notes. She never did (same thing happened last week). I was doing her a favor, but I really want a date from her. I would have long given up if it was taking a year though. The point is, if it works then he'd be a dumbass if he didn't do it. Hell if I really thought a girl was "the one" I'd gladly sell my pc to get her. Sure laugh at him since it probably won't work, but if it does then he should be laughing at you.

He is insane for getting so damn little for a CDX system, he only got 70$ for it?? I just saw one on ebay with only 3 games (granted they were 3 very good rpg's) go for 255$

[quote name='jimbodan']He is insane for getting so damn little for a CDX system, he only got 70$ for it?? I just saw one on ebay with only 3 games (granted they were 3 very good rpg's) go for 255$[/quote]

He actually got $105 for it, but he had to pay $35 to buy the games to go with it (to make it a more attractive package :wink: )

Definitely crazy. No amount of 'tang is worth getting rid of a classic system. Sounds like an amateur in the game of love. Bouquet (sp?) of roses is so cliche and unoriginal. Your friend is uninspired and girls like guys who are original. Even he did want to use the rose technique, a single rose would actually carry more emphasis since it's more low-key unlike a flashy dozen of roses. If your friend's been chasing this girl for a year and the most he's ever gotten is a dirty look, what's he think using a tired and unoriginal idea is gonna do? If a girl doesn't pay me any attention within the first 30 seconds of meeting her, I move on. Both men and women know, just off 1st impressions, whether or not whoever they're goin' for is gonna give it up. I guess your friend missed the memo. In a year, I've easily dated 8 different girls and have even hooked up w/ 2 that I never caught their name. Tell your friend to find other fish cuz it's apparent he's going to starve.

[quote name='zewone']Stupid. He should have bought some cheap roses from Costco for cheaper.[/quote]

This should be something every man knows by heart.

$10 dozen roses at costco.

[quote name='jaykrue']Definitely crazy. No amount of 'tang is worth getting rid of a classic system. Sounds like an amateur in the game of love. Bouquet (sp?) of roses is so cliche and unoriginal. Your friend is uninspired and girls like guys who are original. Even he did want to use the rose technique, a single rose would actually carry more emphasis since it's more low-key unlike a flashy dozen of roses. If your friend's been chasing this girl for a year and the most he's ever gotten is a dirty look, what's he think using a tired and unoriginal idea is gonna do? If a girl doesn't pay me any attention within the first 30 seconds of meeting her, I move on. Both men and women know, just off 1st impressions, whether or not whoever they're goin' for is gonna give it up. I guess your friend missed the memo. In a year, I've easily dated 8 different girls and have even hooked up w/ 2 that I never caught their name. Tell your friend to find other fish cuz it's apparent he's going to starve.[/quote]

Harsh, but keepin' it real!

[quote name='shoobywizard88']$130 but i payed shipping $23 and owed world some money. laugh all you want but i think its going to pay off.[/quote]

A dozen roses looks tacky in my mind. But, does she actually talk to you and are your friendly? If she's blowing you off then you wasted your time and money. I was with a girl for a while that I had previously been friends with for over a year and had a HUGE crush on the whole time, then again she didn't know it.

If you actually get her and everything works out, then that's the deal of your life. But, from what I can understand, that isn't going to happen.

regardless of the fact that the flowers will be given for valentines day, i doubt that shooby's gift will go over well. if, according to world, this girl barely acknowledges you, then how will a random, unoriginal gift of roses make you appear as anything other than cheesy and unsure of how to interact with a girl? if you have indeed been pursuing this girl for a whoel year, than there seems no other choice then to confront her with your feelings, if she is even close enough to you for you to approach her in this way. if not, then fucking find someone else.

as for selling your system for roses, that wasnt a good decision

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='shoobywizard88']$130 but i payed shipping $23 and owed world some money. laugh all you want but i think its going to pay off.[/quote]

A dozen roses looks tacky in my mind. But, does she actually talk to you and are your friendly? If she's blowing you off then you wasted your time and money. I was with a girl for a while that I had previously been friends with for over a year and had a HUGE crush on the whole time, then again she didn't know it.

If you actually get her and everything works out, then that's the deal of your life. But, from what I can understand, that isn't going to happen.[/quote]

she talks to him in a friendly manner, but just as friends and nothing more. It doesnt help that he is a little shy around her.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='shoobywizard88']$130 but i payed shipping $23 and owed world some money. laugh all you want but i think its going to pay off.[/quote]

If you actually get her and everything works out, then that's the deal of your life. But, from what I can understand, that isn't going to happen.[/quote]

We are actually pretty good friends. She likes to flirt and gives me looks but I don't know. I'm going to call her now so I'll be back on later. :wink:

[quote name='shoobywizard88'][quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='shoobywizard88']$130 but i payed shipping $23 and owed world some money. laugh all you want but i think its going to pay off.[/quote]

We are actually pretty good friends. She likes to flirt and gives me looks but I don't know. I'm going to call her now so I'll be back on later. :wink:[/quote]

Does she know you want her? Either way, I'd just giver her one rose.

Come on. Everyone know that unless it's your wife or steady girlfriend that you don't buy a dozen roses.

You buy one, and preface it by saying that you spent hours looking for it, and that it was the one "perfect" rose that the florist had... and that it reminded you of her.

Men do some strange things to get pussy. This is no exception and also, no surprise. Just don't let it become a habit.

[quote name='JSweeney']Come on. Everyone know that unless it's your wife or steady girlfriend that you don't buy a dozen roses.

You buy one, and preface it by saying that you spent hours looking for it, and that it was the one "perfect" rose that the florist had... and that it reminded you of her.[/quote]

This is sage advice! Just don't let the girl know where you got it.

[quote name='_heretic'][quote name='JSweeney']Come on. Everyone know that unless it's your wife or steady girlfriend that you don't buy a dozen roses.

You buy one, and preface it by saying that you spent hours looking for it, and that it was the one "perfect" rose that the florist had... and that it reminded you of her.[/quote]

This is sage advice! Just don't let the girl know where you got it.[/quote]

"I bought it at Krogers along with the condoms and beer. I love you honey"

I've been talking to her non-stop for the last couple weeks and for some reason she wants me to call back. What would be some good things to talk about? Oh, and Great advice! I'll have to remember this! Maybe I'll try it to. I've done some dumb things for her, and I'll even say that this takes the cake, possibaly the whole, but I can't help it.

[quote name='JSweeney']Come on. Everyone know that unless it's your wife or steady girlfriend that you don't buy a dozen roses.

We're not worthy, we're not worthy :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

Buying expensive gifts in the hope that maybe, JUST MAYBE, you'l get laid? Hmmm.....sounds a lot like prostitution for the gambling addict. Why DON'T you just go buy some sex? It's cheaper, and at least you'll know the end result of your spent money.

he should have sold it to me i would have had the floweres delivered to her house and sent him 15 cash via payal.

meaning i will send her cheap flowers
i get the system for cheap
plus i change the card on the flowers to read my phone # and a hot message

INSANITY I SAY!! INSANITY!!!!!!!! This is CAG shoobywizard! WE DON'T SPEND $60 ON A DOZEN ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you shooby. When you're sixteen, you need to buy a dozen roses. You don't start skimping on costs (relative cost) and getting jaded about relationships until you're at least a few years older.

Even if it doesn't work out, you have a good time laughing about it for years to come.

[quote name='crazytalkx']INSANITY I SAY!! INSANITY!!!!!!!! This is CAG shoobywizard! WE DON'T SPEND $60 ON A DOZEN ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

They were $50 and it was the best deal I saw at the time. :)

[quote name='shoobywizard88']First off I'm 16[/quote]

:lol: This thread just became 10x funnier. What is it with the 15 and 16 yr olds on this site being so useless with the ladies? Is American's youth this bad? I never had a probably gettin' pussy, and i'm not exactly much older.

[quote name='shoobywizard88']I've been talking to her non-stop for the last couple weeks and for some reason she wants me to call back. What would be some good things to talk about? Oh, and Great advice! I'll have to remember this! Maybe I'll try it to. I've done some dumb things for her, and I'll even say that this takes the cake, possibaly the whole, but I can't help it.[/quote]

dont be thinking of "good things to talk about". talking to a girl should come naturally and most of all be fun/interesting, if you go into a conversation with premeditated topics to discuss, it will probably just contribute to awkwardness. be confident, be yourself.

I usually run out of things to say, and it becomes awkward for me, not sure if its the same for her. Thats why i'm surprised she wants me to keep calling her back.

bread's done
Back