What kind of CAG are you?

sonderiaom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was just thinking of this the other night. While some of us on here love the deals and will not tell anyone so that we can go out and hoard all the deals; others of us on here tell all our friends so we can share our love. So my question to you all, is which is it, and are you really ready to admit it?

[quote name='onetrackmind']i tell everyone[/QUOTE]

Same here. I try to help CheapyD out.

I let my friends know when theres something I think they might like, or when a good LAN or multiplayer game is a good price. Cant let em miss out.

Well, there will be a time when someone else knows a good deal and you don't, so I think it's only fair that you tell them deals and they tell you.

Of all my friends I'm the only one who shops online. So with most deals being online I don't really say anything to them. My best friend I talk to him bout this place but it like discussing water with a mummy.

My Best friend I told him bout the paper mario deal and he picked up one at BB.
But in general he never really acts on any deals.

Two of my friends know about CAG. They both play video games.

One is homeless, though, so he doesn't really care about saving money on games. The other is fairly frugal, so he appreciates the tips.

I guess I'd fall mostly under the 'I have no friends [that game]' category. Out of my circle only my bro-in-law really games so I'll let him in on anything juicy and sometimes the DVD deals will be something I pass along, but for the most part nobody I know would give a crap if you could pick up Suikoden II for $5 at every Wal-Mart in America.

My friends keep asking me how I get things so cheap. I tell them where to go if they ask but not one ever does. Though I had to choose the screw friends option because I wouldn't tell them a store had something on sale unless I'd already been there.

Yeah, if it's a real good deal I might call up my boyfriend and tell him about it. Otherwise, not unless someone asks. I don't have a lot of close gamer friends though.

Well it's good to see that over half of us at least that have voted anyway are of a sharing mind. To all ye who don't tell the deals to though, I could see that light. If for example everyone knows of these deals, rather than a select bunch then it'd be that much more competition.

I voted for the "I tell everyone" option, but I sometimes wonder why I bother. None of my friends ever take advantage of any of the deals I tell them about, no matter how great a deal it is or how excited I am about it. In fact, the ones I get excited about usually just earn me a look like I'm from another planet. Then they happily go out and pay $50 for all their games.

i tell everyone I know, and none of them care. or they find it too difficult to print out coupons or are too lazy to get up at 8 to hit the stores :)

My friends always think this is an online store when I mention CAG, no matter how many times I explain it to them. I'm the only person I know that buys about a game or two a week.

I keep CAG my little secret, but always help my buddies get stuff with the deals, like a bunch of the $6 Target DVD's and a few PSP games from the TRU $10 sale. I'm like the God of awesome videogame deals to them.

[quote name='Danimal']I voted for the "I tell everyone" option, but I sometimes wonder why I bother. None of my friends ever take advantage of any of the deals I tell them about, no matter how great a deal it is or how excited I am about it. In fact, the ones I get excited about usually just earn me a look like I'm from another planet. Then they happily go out and pay $50 for all their games.[/QUOTE]

same EXACT situation for me...

Most my friends play video games, but arent the type who will get hyped over something new, in part also because we are poor college kids.

I share deals on a small scale, if there's a killer deal, etc., but I wont try to spread the word on a large scale, such as telling other forums, fatwallet, etc., I hate when a deal gets over-reamed and exploited to the point that it gets sold out or changed.

I also share information / funny junk from the different lifestyle boards pretty often.

[quote name='sketch226']same EXACT situation for me...[/QUOTE]

me too! They just don't seem to care, so I quit telling them eventually.

While I'm definitely not a hoarder, I usually don't tell anyone about the deals I find, mainly because I don't have many friends who are gamers. I have maybe one or two people I phone up when there's something really BIG going on (i.e. Circuit City clearance, TRU recent $9.99 clearance). Not to mention I think I'm the only CAG in my area. I live in a very small town.

I've gotten a few of my friends and my brother to make accounts at CAG. Few of them post or visit CAG anymore, with the exception of Tornadomann.

Usually the only time that CAG comes up is when I'm detailing something funny that's come up on CAG. But it usually doesn't entail deals.

bread's done
Back