What kind of connector cable does the idog use?

vietgurl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Okay, I know, really dumb question. I'm getting little cousin the Japanese idog (she wants the Hasbro one but I heard the Japanese Segatoys were better) which doesn't come with the cable to connect it to a music source. What kind of cable does it use? Thanks, hehe.

[quote name='vietgurl'] which doesn't come with the cable to connect it to a music source[/QUOTE]

That thing just wants to music.

I'm not sure if this will help as I have only the hasbro iDogs, but mine came with a fairly standard jack plug (I think that's what it's called at least, its like a headphone jack on both ends basically), and there is also an additional line out on it that you can plug your headphones into. I have no idea if the sega version is the same, though, but since you've gotten no actual answer, hopefully this is some help.

The headphone jack on it is optional to use, I only do so when I want to play with my idog but people are sleeping and the music might bother them.

You can see the cord in a photo of mine here: http://static.flickr.com/103/310686784_a4eb94bca8_b.jpg its connected to the mp3 player through the headphone jack in that photo.

[quote name='jezebelseven']I'm not sure if this will help as I have only the hasbro iDogs, but mine came with a fairly standard jack plug (I think that's what it's called at least, its like a headphone jack on both ends basically), and there is also an additional line out on it that you can plug your headphones into. I have no idea if the sega version is the same, though, but since you've gotten no actual answer, hopefully this is some help.

The headphone jack on it is optional to use, I only do so when I want to play with my idog but people are sleeping and the music might bother them.

You can see the cord in a photo of mine here: http://static.flickr.com/103/310686784_a4eb94bca8_b.jpg its connected to the mp3 player through the headphone jack in that photo.[/QUOTE]

sweet, thanks. do you know what this cable's called?

[quote name='vietgurl']huh?[/quote]

Ignore the IWTM fad. Nobody cares about it. ;)

Anyway, the cable is a male-to-male audio jack (3.5mm, I believe). You can find them at Best Buy for like $2 used. I had to buy one to connect my now-defunct MP3 player to my car's audio system.

[quote name='Hex']

Anyway, the cable is a male-to-male audio jack (3.5mm, I believe). You can find them at Best Buy for like $2 used. I had to buy one to connect my now-defunct MP3 player to my car's audio system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Hex got it, though it on occasion goes by a couple different titles, sometimes it's also called a M-to-M mini stereo cable too (or mini to mini for short). Also someplaces call it a 1/8 inch jack in stead of 3.5mm. Either way it's all the same thing. They should have them nearly everyplace where they sell consumer electronics.

bread's done
Back