What kind of deals can I expect on a 3DS XL and are there any good ones going on now?

jab1235

CAGiversary!
I've been considering getting a 3DS XL recently, but I'd rather wait for a deal or special edition to pop up. I looked around on the boards for most of the weakly deals but didn't see anything special for it.

I was just wondering what types of deals I should keep an eye out, and what I should expect to pay for a decent deal. Also are there a lot of deals on the games for the system, I don't really want to pay 35 for every game, but it seems like the games I want stay pretty up there in price.

And I know I kind of missed out, but is anywhere still selling the Animal Crossing Special Edition, didn't realize I wanted it until after it was gone.

Best Buy has been running deals for $175 on the XL, but I don't think there are any on now. You can get a new XL on Ebay for around $180 if you look hard.

Also if you look for it, you can find most "$40 new" games for $30 new (such as Amazon) or $25 used (such as the Best Buy website or Ebay). Some games like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon being a slight exception.

Best Buy has been running deals for $175 on the XL, but I don't think there are any on now. You can get a new XL on Ebay for around $180 if you look hard.

Also if you look for it, you can find most "$40 new" games for $30 new (such as Amazon) or $25 used (such as the Best Buy website or Ebay). Some games like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon being a slight exception.
Thanks, but after doing a little bit of looking around I realized I don't actually like the blue or red ones that they have out right now, I'm probably just going to wait for the next special edition or until they come out with all black.

Or maybe I'll just get the regular 3ds, I'm not sure. I read somewhere that the XL has a better battery life, but I just don't like they way they look and they are more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both a sealed and opened Pokemon Limited Edition 3DS XL that I've been sitting on. The opened one is brand new and everything including the box is like brand new. I just had to open it and see it. If interested send me a message. I want $225.00 for the sealed one and $200 for the one that is opened. I think they are going for a bunch more on Ebay.

I believe some SEARS stores are liquidating the older packaging versions of the 3DS, so you can check that route.  Otherwise, 3DSXL systems hover around $180 during regular sales at various retailers.  There are a slew of great games coming out this summer for the 3DS.  Good luck. 

honestly the decent price for 3dsXL is going to be around $175. Who knows there might be a surprise sale for 4th of july but besides that maybe labor day or more likely Black friday is the next time they are gonna be cheaper

Just a heads up.  If you get a limited edition 3ds xl and if it should ever break, Nintendo won't replace it with another limited edition xl (I learned this the hard way).  They'll either give you a red or a blue as a replacement for the broken one.  Apparently they don't keep any limited edition 3ds consoles or parts in stock.

Just a heads up. If you get a limited edition 3ds xl and if it should ever break, Nintendo won't replace it with another limited edition xl (I learned this the hard way). They'll either give you a red or a blue as a replacement for the broken one. Apparently they don't keep any limited edition 3ds consoles or parts in stock.
I guess that would be something to keep in mind. So I guess I'll keep an eye out for them to drop around the $175 mark or just wait until black Friday. Thanks for the help everyone!

Also as a side note, if anyone has an unopened Animal Crossing bundle to sell for a reasonable price, I'd be interested.

well fry's just had a sale for a 3ds xl with mario cart preloaded for $150 about 2 weeks ago. my buddy price matched at bestbuy. if you don't like the red/blue you could always add these

well fry's just had a sale for a 3ds xl with mario cart preloaded for $150 about 2 weeks ago. my buddy price matched at bestbuy. if you don't like the red/blue you could always add these
What a bummer for missing that. Where they pre-owned? I didn't even know any of them came with Mario Cart preloaded.

Sears is showing 15,000 SYWR points ($15) for purchase a 3DS XL.

This is valid at Kmart too but Sears has larger cash back via mr. rebate (6% vs 2%).

The 15,000 points appears to only be valid only but I occasionally get really good SWYR coupons on my SYWR account like "$20 in points back on a $100 or $200 purchase"

If you get creative that could be a pretty good deal.

Walmart.com is offering a $20 e-gift card for the 3DS XL.
That doesn't seem to bad at all. I may just hold out for a Black Friday deal but I'm not sure haha. I want to play Animal Crossing but I don't know if it's worth jumping on the 3ds without waiting for a good deal.

bread's done
Back